It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animal Cruelty To Be Classified As A Serious Crime

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I think this is great
Anyone who would purposefully harm any living creature (especially dogs,cats, horses etc etc) is not someone who deserves a place in society in my opinion.
Most Psychopths start with animals before moving to people and even if you would never kill a person, u hurt anything on purpose you are sick.

When they have the death penalty or life imprisonment for serious repeat offenders then the laws will be complete

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
In the name of big business it will still continue above laws, just a guess...Or how many massive cattle torture factories would be stopped that day.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: romilo

Dogs are pets. Cats are pets. Steak is steak.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
ok but if a dog humps my leg, can i sue him for sexual assault??

You'll understand all of this one day when you grow up. Now run along and play-- let the adults talk.

edit on 10/21/2014 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: smithjustinb

This doesn't sound like government overreach at all, and I'm struggling to comprehend your objections. Animal cruelty is terrible and I've been saying for many years it needs to have harsher penalties. Do you understand only twisted, psychopathic people are the ones putting firecrackers in animal anuses, or burning their paw pads, or throwing them out windows?

This is NOT and never will be acceptable behavior by the large of society..ever! These sorts of people grow up only to become spouse and child abusers, or worse.

This is a key behavioral tendency that needs to be identified early, punished early, and stopped early.

You know very well you won't be put on a watch list for neglecting to feed your neighbor's stray cat or killing some cockroaches. Get real.

I wish I could give you a thousand stars for that post.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Double post removed.
edit on 21-10-2014 by Wide-Eyes because: double post

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I don't know if this has been addressed, but does anyone know if there will be a crack-down on 'animal farms' such as milk cows crammed into a warehouse their entire lives being milked by machines, without so much room as to turn around? Or chickens crammed in on top of each other? Or the cruel way some cows are treated at the slaughterhouse?

I know some of these 'big business' animal processing plants have hit the news in the past, and I just wondered if animal treatment laws will apply across the board.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

But what if i want to release an animal into the wild?

Then you would be neglecting many things and I would be glad you are charged with a crime.

And as Crazywok said it would idiotic.

Have you never heard of the near impossibility to release captive or domesticated animals into the wild?

A captive animal hasn't the instincts it should have if it was raised wild and a domesticated animal will find its way back or find another person to care for them.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: new_here

I wish. But the recognition of animal rights, and our role as their stewards and caretakers is a battle we'll have to win an inch at a time.

For now, big business interests rule the land.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I do think I understand your angst, OP.

Laws have replaced common sense.

Back in the day (I'm old, I can say that) family pets were treated well because it was the right and moral thing to do. But we live in an amoral society now, where anything goes, and instead of having common sense, we actually need laws to tell us what we should already know.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: new_here

God, How I hate moral dilemmas.

Great questions

As a self proclaimed and confirmed omnivore, If I could only eat meat that I trapped, hunted or fished by my own hands I would. It's just not possible for me to do where I live presently. While living in the Pacific Northwest for 14 years it was.

I also miss the tranquility of the outdoors.

P.S. I like my steak Medium rare with veggies...

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Summary: I am strongly opposed to animal cruelty. We should focus our energies on trying to instill a respect of life in people and truly help those bred into a cycle of violence instead of trying to discard them. That is far more cruel.

Sadly, mankind's cruelty doesn't end there. Apathy, hate, and vengeance are the cornerstone of our justice system. Many of the comments here are filled with hate and vengeance directed at the abusers. We are no less cruel when we think it is ok to throw people into a hole instead of help them.

The prison system only breeds more violence and the mental health-"care" facilities have no oversight and seek containment not reform. If we are truly concerned as a society about what is right then our attention, efforts, and ingenuity should be focused on these basic problems first. I hear arguments about not underestimating man's ingenuity when building impossible monuments like the pyramid. And this is the best system that we can devise?

I pray for the cruelty to stop - ALL of the cruelty. I believe we would see much better results if we taught respect and compassion for all life (that includes compassion for the abusers). The hate and vengeance in our hearts breed the very cruelty that many are condemning here. It is true that some people are so dangerous that they must be forcibly kept apart from society, but I suspect that is less than 5% of the existing prison population.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Back in the day (I'm old, I can say that) family pets were treated well because it was the right and moral thing to do. But we live in an amoral society now, where anything goes, and instead of having common sense, we actually need laws to tell us what we should already know.

This law is not replacing common sense, and I think the majority of human beings do know that we are supposed to treat pets with respect and compassion. But unfortunately there are a lot of psychopaths out there who get off on kicking and abusing innocent animals, and laws like these are intended to punish people like that.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Back in the day (I'm old, I can say that) family pets were treated well because it was the right and moral thing to do. But we live in an amoral society now

If you think "back in the day" nobody tortured pets for fun, you're a little naive, my friend. There are whackos doing things sub rosa in any generation no matter how moral it appears on the surface. This law is just applying realistic penalties to a criminal behavior that poses a threat to society.

edit on 21-10-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

This law is not replacing common sense, and I think the majority of human beings do know that we are supposed to treat pets with respect and compassion. But unfortunately there are a lot of psychopaths out there who get off on kicking and abusing innocent animals, and laws like these are intended to punish people like that.

Your assessment of humanity is far greater than mine. As for psychopaths? Hell, some of them are actually in charge now!

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Back in the day (I'm old, I can say that) family pets were treated well because it was the right and moral thing to do. But we live in an amoral society now

If you think "back in the day" nobody tortured pets for fun, you're a little naive my friend. There are whackos doing things sub rosa in any generation no matter how moral it appears on the surface.

I'm not saying there weren't psychos back in the day.

I'm saying there was a moral climate we lived under which is gone now.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Well I'm not one to split hairs (or hares for that matter
) ..I don't see it as a law replacing what "used to be" a moral common sense. I see it as adding a harsher penalty that was not previously established.

People are still going to do this stuff whether the law exists or not. The 'law,' however, is just going to make it easier to persecute and appropriately punish these sick jerks--whereas in the good old days, one might have gotten a slap on the wrist and a stern finger-wagging instead.

edit on 21-10-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

edit on 21-10-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: double post

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I'd be happy with a law that allowed us to do to the person what was done to the animal.

But I'm bad that way.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Here is a perfect example of why this law is needed. This is in my state. He goes to court today. He is facing 4 YEARS for each count, six counts.
Sick, sick, ba*&%#$#!!!

Warning, Involves Kittens

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join