It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there an organized effort to undermine the Aliens and UFOs forum?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Springer
a reply to: duaneology

Wait a minute... You start this big thread calling into question the motives of the members of number one UFO forum on the entirety of the internet and you aren't familiar with Paul Bennewitz? Really?!

I swear I'm not intending to demean or be mean, but, DAMN!

REALLY?!

Some are new to the subject but that doesn't make their observations any less valid.

Don't be a snob.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: duaneology
I'm new here so please correct me if I'm way off base. I just seem to notice an active effort by a number of ATS posters to discredit and belittle anything and everything posted here along with this sections regular contributors.

I'm not going to link them and give the agitators more attention but I've seen it in the Stanton Friedman thread and many others. Not only here but all throughout ATS I read disparaging remarks about this forum and those who post here.

It makes me feel like an attempt is being made to have the topic viewed as fringe and flaky as possible.

Your thoughts?

It happens in many forums.

Just debate those who choose to have a reasoned and mature discussion with you (or even humorous), whether for or against your premise.

Ignore those who attempt to engage your ego/emotions, as they are either immature or paid posters.

Paid posters are all over the internet, most are ex-military or government employees with no other job prospects, and have decided to sell-out mankind for a paycheck. It is not a matter of whether they exist, it is only a matter of who they are.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Ed Snowden leaked the first ever public disclosure of secret black budget programs. Programs that take in trillions of unaccounted for dollars, projects that are hidden from the public domain and have been a secret for over 70 years.

Governments classify billions of pages of documents each year. This has lead to a “breakaway civilization” that has accumulated more knowledge about the true nature of reality and advanced technology than what the mainstream world is aware of.

"In times of universal deceit - truth is revolutionary." - George Orwell

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE

I'm new here so please correct me if I'm way off base. I just seem to notice an active effort by a number of ATS posters to discredit and belittle anything and everything posted here along with this sections regular contributors.

I'm not going to link them and give the agitators more attention but I've seen it in the Stanton Friedman thread and many others. Not only here but all throughout ATS I read disparaging remarks about this forum and those who post here.

It makes me feel like an attempt is being made to have the topic viewed as fringe and flaky as possible.

Your thoughts?

It happens in many forums.

Just debate those who choose to have a reasoned and mature discussion with you (or even humorous), whether for or against your premise.

Ignore those who attempt to engage your ego/emotions, as they are either immature or paid posters.

Paid posters are all over the internet, most are ex-military or government employees with no other job prospects, and have decided to sell-out mankind for a paycheck. It is not a matter of whether they exist, it is only a matter of who they are.

Selling out mankind? Really?

And it's all gonna happen on a conspiracy theory forum?

A bit over the top.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
It is the epitome of arrogance to assume that Earthlings are the only civilization in the Cosmos. Who do you think is living off all of the misery and suffering on this Planet? They lap it up with forked reptilian tongues. They rule this World. We are livestock to them. Denial plays into their hands.

Uh oh...here comes the reptilian evil overlords contingent.

Maybe some of the derailing and criticism is warranted after all.

Thank you for your reply. Who knows? The more I know, the more I know that I know nothing. All things are possible. PEACE.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

You seem to have very specific information about this. What is your source?

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: covertbasepoet

Ed Snowden leaked the first ever public disclosure of secret black budget programs. Programs that take in trillions of unaccounted for dollars, projects that are hidden from the public domain and have been a secret for over 70 years.

Not really. Snowden merely exposed the extent of programs that everyone already knew about and revealed the degree f cooperation that NSA gt from the private sector.

Governments classify billions of pages of documents each year. This has lead to a “breakaway civilization” that has accumulated more knowledge about the true nature of reality and advanced technology than what the mainstream world is aware of.

I like your phrase "breakaway civilization," but I don't see how government paper pushers can acquire more knowledge about the nature of reality than anyone else can. Certainly, there is research into weapons systems going on that remains classified, but the fundamentals of the physical world are universal and can be explored by all. In other words, if there is some sort of anti-gravity machine that is possible, it is as likely to come from a lab in Copenhagen as it is from a secret one in the US.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

Selling out mankind? Really?

Go big or go home.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

It is the epitome of arrogance to assume that Earthlings are the only civilization in the Cosmos. Who do you think is living off all of the misery and suffering on this Planet? They lap it up with forked reptilian tongues. They rule this World. We are livestock to them. Denial plays into their hands.

Thank you for your reply. Who knows? The more I know, the more I know that I know nothing. All things are possible. PEACE.

My response to your initial post was rude and I apologize. I just find people who believe and propagate the "lizard aliens run planet earth" theory very frustrating. The reason being that it's complete and utter lunacy and it makes us all look bad.

I'm sure that sounds harsh but c'mon...you believe in shape shifting lizard aliens for Christ sake. There has to be some tiny sane part of your brain that says "this is silly".
edit on 22000000am10America/Chicago2014Wednesday2014714 by duaneology because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

SO who or what is project Camelot? I have heard of them. Are you saying that there just wacko's or are they disinfo??

If you are anyway skeptical of their wild claims then they will simply ban you from their site, proud to say I have been banned from both project camelot and the even more loony Bill Ryan's project avalon formely known as project serpo.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

My response to your initial post was rude and I apologize. I just find people who believe and propagate the "lizard aliens run planet earth" theory very frustrating. The reason being that it's complete and utter lunacy and it makes us all look bad.

I'm sure that sounds harsh but c'mon...you believe in shape shifting lizard aliens for Christ sake. There has to be some tiny sane part of your brain that says "this is silly".

Hate to call you out, but...

?

Are you getting paid by the Reptilians to sell out mankind? :-))

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

Selling out mankind?

Isn't that a conflict of interest?

I mean, if you sell out mankind, and you're one of mankind, then that means you're selling yourself out too.

Could be some would rather be slaves to some overlord I guess, but most that I know of simply want to be able to go get their coffee from Starbucks, and have lunch at that new sushi place. Sell out mankind and those things may not be there anymore.

Then of course there is the "traitor factor".

If someone was a traitor once, they may be again. So you get rid of them afterwards.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I believe there are without doubt other intelligent life out there, my problem is with hearsay and stories regarded as fact within the ufo community. Sometimes someone claims something fantastic to be true without any shred of proof, then it is picked up by so called investigators who repeat it, then it is passed around the speaking circuit as truth.

Dan Burish aka Danny Crane is a perfect example, interviewed by project camelot, then picked up by Michael Schratt, then lauded by Linda Moulten Howe despite him being unmasked long ago by George Knapp. Now that is a whopper.

I could go on and on with all the BS, so we all need to ask hard questions, not just believe it because somebody said so.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2

?

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2

?

Obamiguana.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ForeverMan

a bit of background for folks who might be interested:

Discovery of quantum vibrations in 'microtubules' inside brain neurons supports controversial theory of consciousness

A review and update of a controversial 20-year-old theory of consciousness claims that consciousness derives from deeper level, finer scale activities inside brain neurons. The recent discovery of quantum vibrations in "microtubules" inside brain neurons corroborates this theory, according to review authors. They suggest that EEG rhythms (brain waves) also derive from deeper level microtubule vibrations, and that from a practical standpoint, treating brain microtubule vibrations could benefit a host of mental, neurological, and cognitive conditions.

edit on 22-10-2014 by aynock because: filled out

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: aynock

This is incredibly interesting.

Thanks ks for the link.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: aynock

Thank you for bringing Orch OR to my attention. It sounds fascinating, but I'm not sure it is relevant to the tpic of the thread.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
To the OP.

Think of ATS without any skeptical members?

It seems to me that there is a huge demographic on here who are almost fanatical 'believers', if these people were left to their devices then every piece of UFO evidence thrown out there would be accepted as proof with little or no critical examination.

For me the real critical thinkers are the ones who put their own leanings aside and examine what is being discussed with an objective mind. Given that genuine UFO sightings are a rare occurrence the amount of horse manure online that one must plough through to get to the really interesting cases is huge, a fact the most 'believers' are not even cognizent of.

For me the credibility I attribute to ATS is the fact that ideas are challenged, that includes beliefs in alien visitation. How many members who contend that aliens are visiting earth have actually had their own experience with something otherworldly?

I do not think there is an organised effort to undermine these subjects at all, if anything there is the efforts of credible and intelligent members to stem the tide of idiocy that can be at times prevalent on ATS.

BTW, I have been a witness to a UFO sighting, and am in no way attempting to undermine this field, I'm just tired of people who are unable to accept the reality of the UFO situation, and that is: most of it is BS by hoaxers and deluded people.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Personally I enjoy off topic posts in my threads.

They keep things interesting

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join