It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there an organized effort to undermine the Aliens and UFOs forum?

page: 54
<< 51  52  53   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

The point seems to be to undermines the whole premise of a discussion of the topics presented, and repeat their testable evidence mantra.

I think the point is that people want to push their beliefs onto everyone as facts. Ultimately you hit a brick wall because you need tangible evidence to establish facts. The undermining of topics has more to do with people not taking a step back and understanding why they cant get anywhere. Either accept that you are stuck with subjective accounts and cant do anything with that or go do the work and present your case. Calling people names really doesn't help.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
I keep seeing MSNBC compared to FOX....all you have to do is research what is quoted as fact on each station....MSNBC is far superior to FOX, not perfect, but, FOX just out and out lies....however, FOX's Megan Kelly with her attitude, would seem real comfortable wearing a black leather corset, 6-inch high-heeled leather boots, and holding a riding crop in her....uhmm...sorry...lost track of where I was going with this......

www.pewresearch.org...

And Megyn scares me a little.
edit on 6-2-2015 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: MarkJS

originally posted by: RunForTheHills
a reply to: duaneology

I too have noticed a lot of threads get derailed. I go to a thread to read what others have to say and get tired of the derailing and give up reading any further. This problem has recently been addressed by the mods of ATS.

I'm a Christian and believe in ET UFOs.

But...

What of it? I used to spend much time checking into many reports, looking a blurry videos (some are excellent- most are not), reading UFO incident reports.....

Well after some time arrived at a conclusion that even though they are real- they are neither here nor there. Obviously they do not want to be disclosed, yet. And the naysayers are perfectly happy with this setup. The way that things are - is sometimes I think done on purpose to frustrate UFO-ologists. I don't want to be continually frustrated. It's not fun.

So why should I get excited about them?

Seeing little glowing balls in the sky whizzing around doesn't do anything for me. They are probably real. That's nice dear.

If/when they start overtly invading our world, our governments, our lives... then I'll pay more attention to them again.

In the mean time, fight the good fight, if you're up for it.

Why announce that you're a Christian? How is that relevant? I like gardening. How is that relevant to the topic?

Because contrary to popular CT belief, some Christians do believe in ET UFOs... and wanted to point that out.

(Am I really typing this response out...?)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I take it that some people in this thread do Not believe in ET aliens or UFOs. Go On. You go on man!! Do not believe for all it's worth. See if I care?

Another way that being a Christian comes in handy: Your unbelief has no bearing on the fact that I DO.

It's always interesting to think of why people who do not believe in ET UFOs, etc would come to ATS and to this thread- to spend precious time essentially typing out: "I do not believe".... I mean, what's their motivation? And what they say is their motivation... is that their true motivation? Fascinating.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I take it that some people in this thread do Not believe in ET aliens or UFOs. Go On. You go on man!! Do not believe for all it's worth. See if I care?

Another way that being a Christian comes in handy: Your unbelief has no bearing on the fact that I DO.

It's always interesting to think of why people who do not believe in ET UFOs, etc would come to ATS and to this thread- to spend precious time essentially typing out: "I do not believe".... I mean, what's their motivation? And what they say is their motivation... is that their true motivation? Fascinating.

Interest in the phenomenon of UFO's and the potential for extraterrestrial life does not require any particular belief... but there are those who come here solely to impose their beliefs on others or have their beliefs stroked by like-minded individuals.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
What is that expression: Troll is trolling is obvious. Something like that.

People who do believe- should not let people who don't... get under their skin so much.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

People who do believe- should not let people who don't... get under their skin so much.

Do you truly believe this?

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2

Do you truly believe this?

That is my position with Christianity and with ET UFOs. Works for both.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
a reply to: duaneology

Well, it's not a forum I read in often, but I'd believe it. I saw another site, on a particular sort of "odd" topic, that went from decent to almost 100% skeptics, within a year or two, so no one who was actually interested could post anything without being lammed and belittled. Why some behave that way, who knows, but it happens a lot. I have been known to ask from time to time, of such folks, why they visit a forum or site regularly if they don't believe it the topics at all but they never answer.

Skeptics are people who question and require testable evidence before accepting claims as fact. Is there something wrong with that? Are you confusing skeptics with debunkers who, like true believers, require no evidence and simply take a position?

Some would claim that a debunker is one that uses evidence to disprove a claim, whereas a skeptic is one who simply chooses to disbelieve. Either way, those folks didn't care about evidence, and were there only that sort left after awhile.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: moebius
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Why do skeptics visit ATS?

For me it is the thought that there might be some interesting genuine cases within all that noise.

And I certainly can understand why believers would be annoyed by skeptics and prefer to stick with one's kind. People in general don't like their beliefs or let's say convictions being questioned.

Is there a way for skeptics and believers to accept each other or even cooperate? I don't know.

Maybe there should be a noskeptics tag, telling skeptics to stay away from a thread.

Visiting to read something interesting is one thing. Doing as I saw and flooding a site, and attacking verbally any and all who were not skeptics is quite another. Here, most of the time, we see debate and discussion, but not usually so much that people can't continue a thread. I have seen otherwise, though. That's one reason I appreciate this site so much. That isn't the norm here, and good behavior is expected and enforced.

Such a tag would probably attract them!

What I like to see is people discussing real facts, and avoiding bias as much as is possible. We can't do that always, being people, but we can try. I don't like seeing statements such as, "Everyone knows that's not true.", or "That's been debunked.", with no proof of the claim offered. That is, in my mind, nothing but peer pressure.

Mostly, just remembering that each person posting is likely just stating what they believe, and treating them as we want to be treated, works well.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: MarkJS

Yes like all religions believing in ufo's of the alien verity requires no PROOF.

Plenty of reasons to think god is a creation of MAN and plenty of evidence on here that many members on here dont have a clue what they are looking at when they talk about ufo sightings.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

The same can be said of those who do believe, though.
You seem to be falling into the trap of thinking that the skeptics do not deserve the same freedom of opinion, that they should perhaps be silenced, or that they should be disregarded.

I like to check out the UFO threads because I do believe that Alien life exists outside of our world, and I think it's likely and plausible that there will some day be evidence for it. But, there needs to be actual evidence, not some random YouTube video, not a blogger linking to another blogger and calling it proof, not some CGI video that is clearly most plausibly CGI being passed off as "genuine" simply because the poster wants to believe that it is.

Why are these sane voices "not allowed" to express their opinion in the same way believers are? Why is there this mocking suggestion that they're "wasting their time"? Why aren't those who believe without any facts considered to be the ones wasting their time?

The motto here is supposed to be "deny ignorance", but in their desperation to believe, most here seem to embrace ignorance and actively reject reality. People have as much of a right to point this out as the believers have to express their unfounded claims.

new topics

top topics

<< 51  52  53   >>

join