It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind is the Only Constant of All Existence

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

“There is no such thing as a person. There are only restrictions and limitations. The sum total of these defines the person. You think you know yourself when you know what you are. But you never know who you are. The person merely appears to be, like the space within the pot appears to have the shape and volume and smell of the pot. See that you are not what you believe yourself to be. Fight with all the strength at your disposal against the idea that you are nameable and describable. You are not. Refuse to think of yourself in terms of this or that. There is no other way out of misery, which you have created for yourself through blind acceptance without investigation. Suffering is a call for enquiry, all pain needs investigation. Don’t be too lazy to think.”
― Nisargadatta Maharaj

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: nrd101
Maybe I've discovered where this is headed?

" In 2008, the Institute for Quantum Optics and Quantum Information (IQOQI) in Vienna, determined to a certainty of 80 orders of magnitude that objective reality does not exist by itself and only comes into being when consciously observed."

Evidence for a Digital Universe

Right on, Isn't that exactly [more or less] what I've been saying all along? To repeat my original hypothesis as some may have allowed their minds to drift from the topic:

"But it also might be seen this way - The Universe is a concept and projection of the mind defining it - Without that mind nothing can be proven to exist - Mind is all that is, was, and will be - And without mind there is nothing - but since nothing can not exist there is, was, and always will be Mind.

The one constant throughout the Universe and all of existence is not matter and it is not energy - The One constant throughout all that is, was, and what will be, is MIND."

edit on 17-10-2014 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
When we Pray we Think about God
When we Meditate we Listen

Kelsey Grammer

edit on 17-10-2014 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
To expand our minds let us follow up on this:

originally posted by: nrd101
Maybe I've discovered where this is headed?

" In 2008, the Institute for Quantum Optics and Quantum Information (IQOQI) in Vienna, determined to a certainty of 80 orders of magnitude that objective reality does not exist by itself and only comes into being when consciously observed."

Evidence for a Digital Universe

Evidence that our Reality is Digital:

6. EQUATIONS CREATING REALITY - To cite one of many examples, it has been shown that the negative frequency solutions to Maxwell’s equations actually reveal themselves in components of light. Were our reality what it appears to be, solutions to equations should only make sense in the context of describing reality. However, it seems to be the other way around. Data and rules don’t manifest from the reality; they create the reality.

OR:

12. THE FINELY-TUNED UNIVERSE - The universe is incredibly finely tuned for the physical existence of matter, let alone life. For example, universal constants cancel out all of the vacuum energy in the universe to an amazing accuracy of one part in 10 to the 115th power. Also, a deviation in the expansion rate of the early universe of 1 part in a billion in either direction would have caused the universe to immediately collapse, or fly apart so fast that stars could never have formed. There are many many more such examples. The standard scientific explanation for this effect is that a near-infinity of universes are spawned every second, most of which are entirely benign. Via a philosophical sleight of hand called the anthropic principle, we happen to be in the only perfect one. Occam's Razor heavily favors a design-oriented simulation theory here (the consciousness-driven model solves this).

So whole article here:
www.theuniversesolved.com...

There is much more than the brief excerpts I've quoted; A lot there to digest - but those of you with an IQ over 100 will still find it interesting. Thank your nrd101 for posting the link.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I thought time is the only constant of existence, ah no its from Lucy.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai
When we Pray we Think about God
When we Meditate we Listen

Kelsey Grammer

When we pray we waste our time

flowofmysoul

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Again, for those of you who like to think try this:

The Evidence That Consciousness Creates Reality: Welcome To The Matrix

Steven Bancarz, Spirit, Science & Metaphysics
Waking Times

Does consciousness create the material world? Before we answer this question, it’s important to first go into what the material world is actually composed of at a fundamental level. “Reality” is not simply made of tiny physical pieces, like a bunch of marbles or tiny little bowling balls. Molecules are made out of atoms, and atoms are made out of subatomic particles such as protons and electrons which are 99.99999% empty space and electrical spin. These are then made out of quarks, which then are a part of a Superstring field which consists of vibrating strings that give rise to fundamental particles based on the nature of their vibration.

We interact with a world of physical objects, but this is only due to the way our brains translate sensory data. At the smallest and most fundamental scales of nature, the idea of “physical reality” is non-existent. From the Nobel Prize winning father of quantum mechanics, Neils Bohr, “Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real. If quantum mechanics hasn’t profoundly shocked you yet, you don’t understand it well enough.” When you touch your hands together, it is really just empty space touching more empty space, with the slightest ingredient of energetic spin of these minuscule particles. The constituents of matter have absolutely no physical structure.

This is important to understand ................

See whole article here:
www.wakingtimes.com...
edit on 21-10-2014 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

When you dream, you mind is generally "switched off" - when you wake up in the morning, and remember some parts of your dreams, often, you might say "Why on Earth did I believe that?"

Dreams often appear "real" to us when the mind is not engaged - if you were to lose your mind, you would lose your ability to make defined choices in your environment, such a universe would be highly unpredictable, and you would have very little power to control your actions if your mind is not functioning.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Mind can be perceived (it's psychological polar opposites can be perceived ), so too can the body be perceived, and the sensory inputs. So if you say the mind is the only constant, then what do you call that which perceives it?

The perceiver (or the presence) must be BEFORE mind, body and everything perceived. There is you (the perceiver) and mind (the perceived).
edit on 26-10-2014 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Visitor2012

NO MIND NO PERCEPTION! Even the word perception is a construct of the mind - It is beyond any logic to see any perception existing without a mind perceiving and defining it. What exists without mind is not definable and is in the realm of non-existence. Tell me what non-existence means and don't use your mind to do it or you are using an existent state and your definition will be flawed as you can't prove that a non-existent state ever existed.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

NO MIND NO PERCEPTION!

Obviously mind can not be the ultimate perceiver, because the mind itself is being perceived by you. You can perceive mind, yet mind can't perceive you. It can only imagine and project. You, however, CAN perceive it and everything it does. Judge the greater.

Even the word perception is a construct of the mind -

I'm referring to the perceiver, not the perception. I'm referring to the perceiver of the perception itself. You. Mind itself, is a construct.

Tell me what non-existence means and don't use your mind to do it or you are using an existent state and your definition will be flawed as you can't prove that a non-existent state ever existed.

Non-existence when used in what way?

edit on 26-10-2014 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
One Easy Step to Enlightenment
Krev Roues

First off, and I do mean first
You know in your heart
that the times are changing
Oh so much slower than we thought
and you know in your heart
that the good guys and the bad guys
don't know any more than you what's going on
End of the World?
End of Time?
I'm here to tell you
and yes that is my job
It doesn't matter
This moment and only this moment, matter
It is your heart, your very soul
that will shape this moment
and when we, together
Awaken to the idea
that is this moment
we will reach out
without any thought for
what's in it for us
without any notion of our need
but reach out in one infinitesimal
moment
for no other reason than to
Be
Together

Source

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

Time is a form of communication
Consciousness transcends all states that can be perceived as matter
Matter communicates its existence to Consciousness through time

Interesting concepts; But the basic rule still remains:

"Mind is the Only Constant of All Existence"

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView
a reply to: Kashai

Time is a form of communication
Consciousness transcends all states that can be perceived as matter
Matter communicates its existence to Consciousness through time

Interesting concepts; But the basic rule still remains:

"Mind is the Only Constant of All Existence"

The basic rule? How did you come by the knowledge of this tool? Intuition?

The mind is not the only constant. Haven't YOU ever measured the speed of light?

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
There are many constants in the universe, including man's constant puzzled thoughts about it.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Looking506

The mind is not the only constant. Haven't YOU ever measured the speed of light?

And how did you do this measuring? Tell me how you mindlessly calculated and measured the speed of light

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Hypothetically speaking if all the predators on Earth were to leave the planet. Would it be possible for the Herbivores to develop a level of orientation equivalent to ours?

Or would some of the Herbivores become Omnivores and refill that role in nature? It is an important question, because it relates to life in the Universe, in general. The problem is the substantive difference in concentration of Protein between say a steak and a salad of equal weight.

A good example of this with respect to intelligence. Are the difference between Gorillas that are Herbivores and Chimpanzees that are Omnivores.

One can consider based upon this, that there are laws, indicative of the processes that allow for life.

Calculating the speed of light in and of itself did not make it real.

Its existence allows light from Sol to reach us in about 9 minutes.

Amongst reasons we are having this conversation.

The moment is that in which
everything that is alive can relate to
In some way shape or form

Even plants apparently.

Any thoughts?

edit on 27-10-2014 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

a reply to: Looking506

And how did you do this measuring? Tell me how you mindlessly calculated and measured the speed of light

I looked it up? lol now you. how?
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I started this post - and not that it reflects anything new or earth changing, and could probably be found in concepts going back to ancient Greek philosophers - But It does have a self-evident you can't prove it wrong scenario - Prove something without using your mind, a mind, or someone else's mind - You can't! And all of the useless rhetoric in the world will not do it.

But what I found most interesting is the reply by an ATS member [nrd101] so I'll repeat it:

"In 2008, the Institute for Quantum Optics and Quantum Information (IQOQI) in Vienna, determined to a certainty of 80 orders of magnitude that objective reality does not exist by itself and only comes into being when consciously observed. "

Now try to disprove that - And I'll even be liberal and and let you do it without using your mind - You can even use your cat's mind, maybe she has the answer!

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I started this post - and not that it reflects anything new or earth changing, and could probably be found in concepts going back to ancient Greek philosophers - But It does have a self-evident you can't prove it wrong scenario - Prove something without using your mind, a mind, or someone else's mind - You can't! And all of the useless rhetoric in the world will not do it.

But what I found most interesting is the reply by an ATS member [nrd101] so I'll repeat it:

"In 2008, the Institute for Quantum Optics and Quantum Information (IQOQI) in Vienna, determined to a certainty of 80 orders of magnitude that objective reality does not exist by itself and only comes into being when consciously observed. "

Now try to disprove that - And I'll even be liberal and and let you do it without using your mind - You can even use your cat's mind, maybe she has the answer!

How does someone disprove a concept that may or may not hold any weight? It's a loaded presentation.

I agree with what you quoted regarding reality but it also does exist on the subconscious level, which is just important as our waking lives, imo.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join