It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind is the Only Constant of All Existence

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

Mind is the Only Constant of All Existence.

And it changes all the time.

Change is the only constant my freind.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wifibrains

Mind is the Only Constant of All Existence.

And it changes all the time.

Change is the only constant my freind.

That is usually, and might always be true. Now please tell me how you can define, percieve, and measure this change without mind [how ever you percieve or define it]
Maybe I'll learn something - but without mind how could I do it

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

The the programm is playing the cards in your favour every time. Your questions are creating a loop that pass through the mind giving you a hand to play no matter the reply.

It's a loaded barrel every time I look at it lol.

If there wasnt mind, but you could perceive, what would you see?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
This is just silly.

If the mind were constant, we would all have the same experiences. No need for interpretation. We would have the same reactions to the same stimuli every time we encountered it.

Watch your favorite movie 15 times in a row. Did you enjoy it the same amount each time? No? Then your mind isn't a constant.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wifibrains

The the programm is playing the cards in your favour every time. Your questions are creating a loop that pass through the mind giving you a hand to play no matter the reply.

It's a loaded barrel every time I look at it lol.

If there wasnt mind, but you could perceive, what would you see?

Yes, quite true - and expresses much of the concept i'm trying to convey. "If there wasn't mind, but you could perceive, what would you see?" And how could you see? No mind, no sight, no vision, and no conceptual anything - A state of nothing, and logic dictates that a state of nothing does not exist. So back to my hypothesis that mind is the common denominator of all we perceive and to claim there is an existent state of mindlessness is impossible.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington
This is just silly.

If the mind were constant, we would all have the same experiences. No need for interpretation. We would have the same reactions to the same stimuli every time we encountered it.

Watch your favorite movie 15 times in a row. Did you enjoy it the same amount each time? No? Then your mind isn't a constant.

No, that would only be true if you conceive of mind as a single fixed unchanging form. When I say mind is constant I'm using the word mind in a broad sense - I don't know, nor do I claim to know, exactly what mind is - except to say it is always present in all of reality and whatever we perceive reality to be. It is a constant that is always changing. Aristotle as far as I know did not refer to a deity, but he did talk about an 'unmoved mover' - Maybe in a similar way I'm referring to a an ever changing 'mind matrix' that must always be present for knowledge and perception. And no, I don't claim to know exactly what it is, how it functions, and what it means. Theists will say God, but God is not provable - mind on the other hand does not have to be proven but must always exist or you are back to nothing - easier to believe in mind then to believe in nothing for from nothing comes nothing - And all the atheists in the world will never prove otherwise - though they try.

PS: For the record I consider myself to be a hardcore Agnostic - I see logic and reason and accept it - It is part of what is and who we are - Religion on the other hand is a matter of faith not philosophy.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView
No, that would only be true if you conceive of mind as a single fixed unchanging form. When I say mind is constant I'm using the word mind in a broad sense - I don't know, nor do I claim to know, exactly what mind is - except to say it is always present in all of reality and whatever we perceive reality to be. It is a constant that is always changing.

Aristotle as far as I know did not refer to a deity, but he did talk about an 'unmoved mover' - Maybe in a similar way I'm referring to a an ever changing 'mind matrix' that must always be present for knowledge and perception. And no, I don't claim to know exactly what it is, how it functions, and what it means. Theists will say God, but God is not provable - mind on the other hand does not have to be proven but must always exist or you are back to nothing - easier to believe in mind then to believe in nothing for from nothing comes nothing - And all the atheists in the world will never prove otherwise - though they try.

PS: For the record I consider myself to be a hardcore Agnostic - I see logic and reason and accept it - It is part of what is and who we are - Religion on the other hand is a matter of faith not philosophy.

This isn't correct, though.

"I think, therefor I exist." is not the same as "I think, therefor everything exists."

While it is largely true that we cannot doubt our existence while we exist, we cannot even begin to claim that the universe ceases to exist without a mind to comprehend it. And the burden of proving your unknowable statement rests on you.

There is nothing for an atheist to prove in your scenario, as the atheist takes the default position of not being convinced of your ideas.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
what about ameoba's? they don't seem to require [mind]

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

"Matrix: An environment or material in which something develops; a surrounding medium or structure."

From a Theist point of view. You seem to be suggesting that awareness of reality is interconnected. But you are not certain if there is a frame of reference. That actually relates to all consciousness, in an altogether way, in the First person, as possible?

Why?
edit on 3-11-2014 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
AgentShillington said:

This isn't correct, though.

"I think, therefor I exist." is not the same as "I think, therefor everything exists."

While it is largely true that we cannot doubt our existence while we exist, we cannot even begin to claim that the universe ceases to exist without a mind to comprehend it. And the burden of proving your unknowable statement rests on you.

There is nothing for an atheist to prove in your scenario, as the atheist takes the default position of not being convinced of your ideas.

I see your point and it is worth a response. Let us go back to the beginning, before the so-called Big Bang, before time began. Now what did we have? A state of absolute nothing? I don't know - do you? But in order to go back we need to use 'mind' to do it - and how could you do that without existent mind. OK, you say now, not then. But you see the problem I have with that way of thinking is that I have to make the assumption that there was an existent state of nothingness and how anything could come out of an existent state of nothingness is inconceivable to me. So then the other possibility is there was always something - and no matter what you call this always something it still is an abstraction of mind, be it matter, energy or whatever you want to call it. So I'll throw the question back into your court as I keep doing - show me how a state of absolute nothingness could exist
And do it without using some type of 'mind-matrix' to do it. Show me how a state of mindless nothiing manifests into a logical ordered universe we can comprehend? You see in some ways the real believers in magic are not the Theists supposing a creator who may have created something; No the real believers in magic are the Atheists believing something can come from nothing
My hypothesis simply states that some form of something I call mind
must alwas have existed as nothing could never have existed - existence is not something that could ever have come from nothing. Again this does not prove the existence of a creator - but does lead to the conclusion that we live in a matrix of intelligence - Science and philosopy are not based upon random chance even though events may sometimes happen randomly. Science and philosopy tells us we are in a logical, though still not fully understood universe. Nothingness never existed.

So Descarte said: "I think, therefor I am". That statement is debatable. Prove it. Prove there is an I and show how it relates to thinking.

I could just as easily say: I exist, therefor I think and I only think because thought [mind] exists and mind is the basic constant to all existence.
edit on 3-11-2014 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
One thing for sure that doesn't seem to change, is Humans .
Ego encourages us into giving ourselves way to much credit. I see it as a bi product from the past, the need to have a god, just flicked one "omnipresent" for another. This time we got little more egotistical.

The gasses on Venus don't give a crap about my mind.
Nor do the Hydrogen, helium, neon and other elements on planets I have never heard nor dreamt of that DO exist outside my existence or understanding...give a hoot about the mind of silly humans.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

The gasses on Venus don't give a crap about my mind.
Nor do the Hydrogen, helium, neon and other elements on planets I have never heard nor dreamt of that DO exist outside my existence or understanding...give a hoot about the mind of silly humans.

And how do you know these things exist without a mind to perceive and define them
Tell me how they exist outside of mind
Maybe they are part of the magical nothing universe of the Atheist - they came from nothing like the universe that came from nothing
I have my doubts about most religious assumptions which can not be prove - But what I really find fascinating is the magical universe of the Atheist which comes from nowhere

But you are right about Humans, some things never change. Now can you understand why there are so many people talking about hypothetical aliens - We gave up on the search for Human intelligence, it, like the universe that comes from nothing, is a myth - Hopefully those hypothetical aliens will show us what intelligence is - But then again maybe they already decided we are not intelligent enough to understand.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I make no claim that a state of nothingness has ever existed. I can see that you don't really understand what I was saying, and I won't continue down that thread. However, I will ask another, possibly more important question.

So what? Why does your theory mean anything? Why is your assertion important? If all applicable means of detection cannot determine whether or not your theory is accurate, and as such has no other importance than making for interesting discussion, why is this important?

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington

I make no claim that a state of nothingness has ever existed. I can see that you don't really understand what I was saying, and I won't continue down that thread. However, I will ask another, possibly more important question.

So what? Why does your theory mean anything? Why is your assertion important? If all applicable means of detection cannot determine whether or not your theory is accurate, and as such has no other importance than making for interesting discussion, why is this important?

Thanks for asking! If I had the ability and could focus on it long enough I might write a book on the subject.

If we studied philosophers of the past I'm sure we would come up with others whose writings espoused similar views of reality. There are many philosophers who have given interesting and logical views of what is the nature of the world we live in. Today however we have the new addition of physicists, hardly people who normally consider the significance of their discoveries from a philosophical point. But the times they are a'changin. A few posts back I quoted, and this really got me going, a quote:

In 2008, the Institute for Quantum Optics and Quantum Information (IQOQI) in Vienna, determined to a certainty of 80 orders of magnitude that objective reality does not exist by itself and only comes into being when consciously observed.
www.theuniversesolved.com...

Consider that......No mind - no reality! Exactly my point - you need mind or thare is no observation of, or reason to believe anything exists. No such thing as a mindless universe. To me this is highly significant and mind boggling. And even ordinary physicists of today often except that we are part of any equation expressed by physics and observation. And if I may extend this and repeat what this means is that there never was, nor could there ever have been an absolute state of nothingness in a mindless universe.

Now to the importance of this. It opens gates - doorways to comprehension, and gives us new ways to perceive and then possibly manipulate the world we live in - new sciences and mathematics may come into play, not to mention much of the occult thinking of the past which now may be reviewed in a new light. The mythical New Dawn [sort of like a modern day 'age of enlightenment]] now seems possible. The faulty observation of the Sun revolving around the Earth disproved by Galileo may one day show us a universe where Einstein's theory limiting the ultimate speed to the speed of light may also prove faulty - The significance of realizing that mind is at the basis of reality allows for the potential to literally alter reality to a new perspective with new potentials. Important enough for you ?

edit on 4-11-2014 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Where is your link?

And how about a PDF File?

Any thoughts?
edit on 4-11-2014 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Of course.....

Digital Consiousness

Does it have something to do with this? Or is perhaps that another topic?

Further

edit on 4-11-2014 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

No.

None of what you are saying makes any kind of usable sense, and a single website page making extraordinary claims isn't evidence of anything. I must take my leave of this thread now.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
In retrospect, and judging from most of the responses I have received here, it is possible that "Mind is the Only Constant of All Existence" but it is stretching credibility to believe that 'human mind[s]' are at the root of it.

-AlienView

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
What's constant throughout the Universe and all of existence are matter, energy and mind. They all depend on each other. Think of it this way-
Your mind tells you to do something and then the Energy ( life force ) in your body ( matter ) makes that happen.
You can read about 'Purusha and Prakriti' if you want to understand more about this.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join