It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind is the Only Constant of All Existence

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

Evidence that our Reality is Digital:

1. BREAKDOWN OF INFINITE RESOLUTION IN PHYSICS - Infinite resolution causes all sorts of breakdowns of known laws of physics, including matter imploding into black holes at sub-Planck scales and the inability to reconcile general relativity with quantum mechanics. Currently favored theories of matter and energy (string theory) and solutions to gravity and quantum mechanics (loop quantum gravity) assume a minimal length scale. Furthermore, evidence supports the notion that quantum states are digital in that spin values are quantized and there are no intermediate states, which is anomalous in a continuous space-time. As renowned physicist John Wheeler concluded “every physical quantity, every it, derives its ultimate significance from bits, binary yes-or-no indications.”

You are essentially saying that the Universe is some kind of Quantum Computer.

Plank scales, String theory and Loop Quantum Gravity are all theoretical. Meaning that until we can actually test the population, which,in this case. You are suggesting access to the entire Universe in earnest??? In the sense of having physically explored it????

There is no way to test the Population.

One way of relating to such a situation, as is in potential reality? Is in relation to, "The Four Blind Men and the Elephant" (that actually a thought experiment).

Our common senses (perspective) generate internal representations of what is real.

In relation to what has been identified. With, respect to what the common senses can understand?

Scientifically (and this is accurate), we only perceive in that perspective, 3% of what really exists.

Any thoughts?
edit on 27-10-2014 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai

Scientifically (and this is accurate), we only perceive in that perspective, 3% of what really exists.
?

How can science prove that? Do they have a special spectrometer bubble burster?

How do you know its accurate?

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Looking506

Further

Any thoughts?

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

You are essentially saying that the Universe is some kind of Quantum Computer.

It's much simpler than that. All I am saying is that the existence of anything can not be proven without the existence of mind. And ask anyone to prove anything exists without mind observing, calculating and defining its existence. Again without mind there is nothing - And even the word or concept of nothing has no meaning without the existence of mind.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Then can you explain how "mind" made existence possible?

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Then can you explain how "mind" made existence possible?

Simply? - no. In one full length book I might come up with much speculation - But that is what it would be, speculation. Accepting my view of mind as a basic irrefutable constant does not simplify explaining how it works especially when we are all part of this mind and an objective view independent of mind might be impossible - When you step out of the matrix of the mind where are you? - fantasy-land. So I might be prone to ask - is the real world framed by a fantasy matrix? and answer 'maybe' as I still have my doubts about the existence of one absolute provable reality.

We exist in a universe currently governed by the concept that the speed of light is the ultimate speed known - But UFOs [popular subject on this forum] are seen to defy normal physics - And if they [aliens] are real their view of the universe [their minds] may see what we can only imagine - Quantum theory according to some allow for all possibilities. But in any case mind must be present - I can not comprehend a state of mindless existence - the 'void' could only exist if there is something inside of it.
edit on 28-10-2014 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I could believe the mind in our known universe wasn't in our universe when it was created. But I would like to believe mind was at least around before our reality was born. Before us could have been anything. Was there really ever nothing??

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Further

Any thoughts?

So, aside from someone telling you these facts are real, how would you go about proving them for yourself?

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
By repeating the experiments that resulted in there discovery

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

You must be pretty smart because it almost gave me a headache. None of this is provable in the comfort of your own home type provable. All you can do is punch numbers into a calcutor and postulate about the results from your particular vantage point in space-time. No?

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

LOL I did not mean I actually did all of them.

But that yea that is how one confirms scientific results.

The problems in science is when claims are made outside the realm, of having the means to test the population.

Like saying God exist or does not.

Which does not mean a person can have a personal experience that is clearly a valid one even to others when there are other obervers.

Rather, that science as defined develops truisms when the results have been deduced. This is why gravity theory is still called a theory. As in reality, there could very well be differences in how gravity functions, beyond what is known today.

My take on consciousness creating realty. Is that what we define as subjective is not subjective at all. But rather an aspect of reality that is inherent and existed, prior to the formation of matter anywhere.

Any thoughts?

edit on 28-10-2014 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Sounds like something you want to talk about

Any thoughts?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   

My take on consciousness creating realty. Is that what we define as subjective is not subjective at all. But rather an aspect of reality that is inherent and existed, prior to the formation of matter anywhere.

Any thoughts?

Isn't this symbiotic to my basic hypothesis: "Mind is the Only Constant of All Existence" ? You can't postulate a theory without using a mind to do it. If there is a prior to matter [or energy as we now know matter and energy are the same] we can't know what it is without mind, or what it was, and what it will be. We can't communicate, measure or observe anything without mind - And even for those atheists who like to think order can come from nothing, they too must interject their minds into the equation and hence nothing is no longer a non-existent state of nothing. See what I'm trying to convey is the concept that without the 'mind matrix' we have what I call the impossible state of nothingness. We could go on and on discussing and measuring what existent things are - but where or what is a state of pure mindless nothing? So I'll say it again:
"Mind is the Only Constant of All Existence"

edit on 29-10-2014 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

In context I would say you are saying God created reality and I agree with that.

Is that accurate?

Nonetheless as we discussed earlier when I brought up the matter of Herbivores. Becoming conscious beings like us requires an aggressive form of life, a predator.

In science the concept of infinity as ordered in any way, is perhaps a confusion. A misunderstanding, due to a desire to personalize/experience in humans. An environment akin in some way to the way we live.

At issue for me in general is that the common sense's only result in an internal representation. What we perceive of reality is generated in our minds and relates in essence. To the capacity of individuals to interact with realty, to the extent, we have reached at this point.

Otherwise, I feel we are all proverbially one of four blind men trying to describe a Elephant, by approaching the animals from different angles.

Any thoughts?

edit on 29-10-2014 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I see the universe as a movie we enter, and a playpen until we grow up in Love and become like unto the mind we left, then we wake up and go home.

Another good metaphor, windows virus vault for selfish and harmful thoughts.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   

In context I would say you are saying God created reality and I agree with that.

Is that accurate?

No; I don't know that and I can't prove that - agreed it is possible. Philosophically I believe that only an Agnostic point of view is accurate as you can't prove or disprove the existence of a creator. But when it comes to an existent 'mind matrix' nothing has to be porven for if this 'mind matrix' did not exist all communication and concepts of existence would not be possible. And again in answer to your question of what is this mind - I would conclude that since it is part of a reality 'in-play' definitions of it would be relative and changing.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

With respect to Reincarnation I once considered and discussed in Forum.

The idea that Consciousness in that context is akin to a Virtual Particle, as like all virtual particles, consciousness blinks in and out of realty as we understand it.

Again and with respect to considering reincarnation as a valid conclusion.

Among known Virtual Particles is the Strange Quark. It is known due to the fact that it exists as part of the structure of the Atom. To be clear if the Strange Quark in hypothesis were to stop blinking into our current perspective upon reality, the atom would collapse. When the strange quark reenters reality as we understand it. Its mass affects the other quarks maintaining what we define as solidity.

I would suggest that all things being equal one must then consider how exactly the Strange Quarks finds it way home.

I consider that what to have offered is possible. As despite distance, consciousness could very well be interconnected and in relation to quantum theory.

All things being equal death is not an obstacle but rather an alternative to what we currently define as real in general.

Our subjective aspects could very well be an indicative of such an orientation, that allows for the development of consciousness under the right circumstances.

Any thoughts?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   

It is interesting how physical reality can be broken down into smaller and smaller particles, how those particles interact, quantum physics, and quantum entanglement. Very interesting - but again, and my only contention, is that mind, be it subjective, or supposedly objective, must be present to do the observations and calculate the meaning. You can tell me about all the objects that can be observed in the atom and how they work - but you still must use a 'mind-matrix' to do it. Can you prove the existence of a physical world, universe, or reality without a mind ? - What is existence without mind ?

I always liked the way Zen philosophy/religion said all things return to the 'One' - But what the one is remans ambiguous and set inside of a void - and the doctrine of 'no-mind' is postulated. Now I disagree with this philosophy - The One is as unprovable as a creator and we have no reason to believe it ever existed; Existence may have always been - and may have always been complex. And as I stated before the void can not exist by itself - there must be something to define it - And the one something that contradicts Zen is mind - The Zen doctrine of no mind is an impossible fallacy.

Again: "Mind is the Only Constant of All Existence"

And on reincarnation? - Possible.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView

I always liked the way Zen philosophy/religion said all things return to the 'One' - But what the one is remans ambiguous and set inside of a void - and the doctrine of 'no-mind' is postulated. Now I disagree with this philosophy - The One is as unprovable as a creator and we have no reason to believe it ever existed; Existence may have always been - and may have always been complex. And as I stated before the void can not exist by itself - there must be something to define it - And the one something that contradicts Zen is mind - The Zen doctrine of no mind is an impossible fallacy.

Again: "Mind is the Only Constant of All Existence"

And on reincarnation? - Possible.

The 'one' is the source of everything but is also everything. It is impossible for you to see the source because you are the source. Without you (the witness/seer) could anything appear to be? Without a dreamer can there be a dream? Is the dream separate to the dreamer? Or are they the 'one'?

In this moment without words speaking of other there is just what is. Words speak of other than this the 'one'. There is only ever what there is no matter what the narration - even the narration is the one.

This 'one' is not anything in particular so is void of any meaning. Prior to any arising there is nothing (deep sleep is the nothingness out of which all things are made).
edit on 31-10-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Chapter 11

Thirty spokes join in one hub
In its emptiness, there is the function of a vehicle
Mix clay to create a container
In its emptiness, there is the function of a container
Cut open doors and windows to create a room
In its emptiness, there is the function of a room

Therefore, that which exists is used to create benefit
That which is empty is used to create functionality"

Tao Te Ching

As I understand it, this in general can be considered how emptiness or nothingness is related to in Buddhism.

" Can you prove the existence of a physical world, universe, or reality without a mind ? - What is existence without mind ?

Not all systems of belief limit the definition of consciousness as just belonging to human-like life.

What we currently call the Universe is an object about 40 billion light years wide and with a longevity to a googolplex.

It is actually about 13.7 billion years old and therefore it is probably in a state of infancy.

A point being that any form of life from Humans to Bacterium engage in consistent behavior.

Put it to you this way when a person speaks they disturb air molecules in front of their mouths. In relation to the sounds they make, how the air molecules are disrupted, varies with what that person says. In relation to brain activity again an expression of organization,that in an of itself. Has an effect upon everything created at the same time, despite distance.

The issue of nothing for me in retrospect in the meaning of what allows a vessel to be filled.

Any thoughts?

edit on 31-10-2014 by Kashai because: Content edit

edit on 31-10-2014 by Kashai because: Content edit

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join