It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Ebola patient Amber Joy Vinson may have had symptoms as early as Friday Oct 10;passengers on fir

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
BREAKING NEWS:
source

Amber Vinson, the second Dallas nurse to be infected with ebola may have had symptoms as early as Friday October 10th, BEFORE leaving Dallas! So now they have to find the passengers on the first flight she took, as well.

Ok I am back to calling her a selfish cow if she was already having symptoms and knew she was putting others at risk. Well we can all agree she was a dumb bitch for going on a flight anyways.

She left town with ebola , then takes it to cleveland and goes out to a bridal shop for her fitting to a wedding. Let's infect the entire wedding party and everyone else shopping in there and their wedding parties from God knows where else who are also flying around, trying on dresses, getting pin pricks for the adjustments.

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Doctor Chris Braden addressed media in Akron Thursday afternoon, telling reporters that Ebola patient Amber Vinson may have had symptoms as early as Oct. 10. (John Harper/Northeast Ohio Media Group)

edit on 16-10-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Honestly, she should, at minimum, lose her job over this, and should likely be prosecuted.

She acted in the exact opposite way that a nurse should act under the circumstances.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

She was cleared to fly.
by the hospital
by the CDC.

She asked. THEY said it was okay. And they are supposed to know more than a nurse!

Stuff happens...let's worry instead about damage control and containment then blame.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

She was cleared to fly.
by the hospital
by the CDC.

She asked. THEY said it was okay. And they are supposed to know more than a nurse!

Stuff happens...let's worry instead about damage control and containment then blame.

Its not about blaming, its about holding accountable.

I, for one, have no faith in a healthcare worker who would expose hundreds of people to a deadly virus. Period.

Certainly, people at the CDC and TSA should be held accountable as well, but a healthcare worker should know better.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

She was cleared to fly.
by the hospital
by the CDC.

To clarify , this was her flight home from cleveland , she got this clearance to fly, she didn't call from Dallas, on her way out.

Anyone working with Ebola patients should be under guard, plain and simple.

Stuff happens???

Yeah stuff coming out in the form of vomit and diarrhea to the poor people who may have contracted it from her

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
CDC and the nurse messed up in a big way.

Why wouldn't the CDC error on the side of caution in this case? Totally inexcusable.

Heads need to roll somewhere.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
As someone with 3 kids who touch EVERYTHING and who lives in the area she visited, I don't care who authorized her trip! She should have known better! I'm worried about this, and that selfish nurse should have stayed home! It's easy to feel sorry for her when it's not YOUR kids in ebola town!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gully

Why wouldn't the CDC error on the side of caution in this case? Totally inexcusable.

How about containment first?
Then you can point fingers...

Might I suggest THE DOCTORS AT THE HOSPITAL THAT SENT MR. "HEY, I JUST FLEW BACK FROM LIBERIA AND BOY, ARE MY ARMS TIRED!" HOME FROM HIS FIRST VISIT TO THE ER!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Might I suggest THE DOCTORS AT THE HOSPITAL THAT SENT MR. "HEY, I JUST FLEW BACK FROM LIBERIA AND BOY, ARE MY ARMS TIRED!" HOME FROM HIS FIRST VISIT TO THE ER!

Sure

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

AKRON, Ohio -- Amber Joy Vinson may have had Ebola symptoms as early as Friday, a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention official said, and passengers on the Oct. 10 flight the Dallas nurse took to Cleveland will be contacted. There are now eight people under quarantine in Northeast Ohio after coming into contact with Vinson while she visited family in Tallmadge Oct. 10-13.

Summit County Public Health is asking people who visited Coming Attractions, a bridal shop on East Tallmadge Avenue, from noon to 3:30 p.m. Saturday, to contact the health department at 330-926-3939. "We had started to look at the possibility that she had symptoms going back as far as Saturday, (Oct. 11)," CDC Dr. Chris Braden said. "This has to do with the bridal shop. Some more information that has come through recently says we can't rule out that she might have had the start of her symptoms on Friday.

source

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
From the research we did for the NLBS episode Next Level BS #12: The Pandemic of Ebola Madness, patient Zero in Nigeria was Patrick Sawyer. He flew from Liberia to Nigeria with active ebola symptoms while on the plane. While 19 people were later identified as infected in Nigeria, none of them were on the flight.

Ebola is hard to catch. So even the dozens of people on the plane with Sawyer -- while he was contagious -- didn't become infected.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Lest we should forget her mother took a flight out to dallas soon after Amber. Guess the apple doesn't fall too far from the 'stupid tree'

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Good to know but this does little to quell fears

Also patient zero has been traced to a two year old child December 6 2023 I believe. ETA not sure which country she was from.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
From the research we did for the NLBS episode Next Level BS #12: The Pandemic of Ebola Madness, patient Zero in Nigeria was Patrick Sawyer. He flew from Liberia to Nigeria with active ebola symptoms while on the plane. While 19 people were later identified as infected in Nigeria, none of them were on the flight.

Ebola is hard to catch. So even the dozens of people on the plane with Sawyer -- while he was contagious -- didn't become infected.

Out of hundreds (if not thousands through secondary contact), we have how many cases of actual ebola?
It takes PROLONGED CONTACT (such as mopping up body fluids) with the virus unless someone is already immunodeficient.
Your avatar is quite fitting, Skeptic, it seems the townspeople are gathering their pitchforks and torches...

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Sure

I have no issue with blame being placed on the hospital or cdc. Both have made many missteps thus far. Blaming the "cow" as the OP so eloquently put who was cleared for both flights or the cdc operator who has been lambasted in other threads for not using their own judgement and telling the cow that 99.5 is too high to fly is just ignorant.

Maybe all health workers involved should be quarantined. Maybe any level of fever should be considered too high for those in immediate contact. Blame the protocols and those who made them. Not the cows on the ground

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

He did not say he just flew in from liberia. He was asked for a social security number and simply replied he did not because he was from liberia. When asked if he had been in contact with anybody with ebola he lied and said no. The hospital is guilty of taking his word on good faith.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

She was cleared to fly. by the hospital by the CDC.
She asked. THEY said it was okay.

So if I go to the town cop and say .. hey can I drive around town drunk? And he says .. sure go ahead. That means I can slough off all responsibility onto him if I drive over a bunch of pedestrians while drunk, right? After all ... I asked if I could do something that is obviously stupid and the authorities said 'sure go ahead'.

Saying that 'they said it's okay' is no excuse for severe lack of common sense and responsibility in this case. She's a nurse and she knew better. She put hundreds of people in danger of a deadly disease, and she's cost Frontier Airlines millions of dollars in damage.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 10/17/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: slip2break

Sure

I have no issue with blame being placed on the hospital or cdc. Both have made many missteps thus far. Blaming the "cow" as the OP so eloquently put who was cleared for both flights or the cdc operator who has been lambasted in other threads for not using their own judgement and telling the cow that 99.5 is too high to fly is just ignorant.

Maybe all health workers involved should be quarantined. Maybe any level of fever should be considered too high for those in immediate contact. Blame the protocols and those who made them. Not the cows on the ground

I dunno, if I was a nurse who had just been taking care of an Ebola patient and I started to even show a little bit of symptoms I might become a bit suspicious and worried. But that's just me.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

She was cleared to fly. by the hospital by the CDC.
She asked. THEY said it was okay.

So if I go to the town cop and say .. hey can I drive around town drunk? And he says .. sure go ahead. That means I can slough off all responsibility onto him if I drive over a bunch of pedestrians while drunk, right? After all ... I asked if I could do something that is obviously stupid and the authorities said 'sure go ahead'.

Saying that 'they said it's okay' is no excuse for severe lack of common sense and responsibility in this case. She's a nurse and she knew better. She put hundreds of people in danger of a deadly disease, and she's cost Frontier Airlines millions of dollars in damage. Move over Typhoid Mary .. here comes Ebola Amber.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

As much as I hate to disagree with you, I have to in this case. I know too many people who work healthcare even microbiologists, that followed what was their protocol.
And in this nurse's case...she is the one thrown under the bus.
It really sucks for everyone. And I am sure she feels her guilt and will iF she spread it and if she survives.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Why did she ask in the first place? What part of 21 days didn't she understand?

It seems to me that she is like one of those people who wind up getting HIV/AIDS for behavioral reasons and then expect everyone else to feel sorry for them. I'm sorry, but you should have known better. You knew you'd been exposed to a dangerous/deadly pathogen that incubates for as long as 21 days. At what point did you think it was good idea to go traveling across the country for a long visit with your family?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join