It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Ebola patient Amber Joy Vinson may have had symptoms as early as Friday Oct 10;passengers on fir

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: the owlbear
And in this nurse's case...she is the one thrown under the bus.

She's the one who threw common sense away and decided to put hundreds of people at risk. I'm not seeing her being thrown under the bus. In fact, I'm seeing the MSM going out of their way NOT to hang any responsibility on her for her own actions.

The CDC screwed up.
The Obama Administration is screwing up.
The nurse screwed up as well.

It's fine that you disagree with me, but I"m going to disagree with you also.
No problem.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

We can talk about them, too, and we'd be talking about Duncan, Mr. Gee My Neighbor's Daughter Just Died of Something and I Touched Her ... Maybe I better run to the US before I die too, if he had lived.

Let's face it, if his family comes through the period without getting sick, it's pretty good evidence they knew what he was sick with to have spent those days in that apartment with him and NOT come down with it.

The bottom line here is that we are seeing people who have not a thought in their head for others and their well-being: Snyderman, Vinson, Duncan. This is where the idea of voluntary quarantine breaks down. It only works if you take it to heart and understand that you are doing it for the health and well-being and, yes, courtesy of others.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Yeah.. I dont think anyone in ohio has anything to worry about.. except her fiancee.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet

Good to know but this does little to quell fears

Also patient zero has been traced to a two year old child December 6 2023 I believe. ETA not sure which country she was from.

So this all started from a time travelling toddler.

I get it was justa typo but makes a good read.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Ebola is hard to catch. So even the dozens of people on the plane with Sawyer -- while he was contagious -- didn't become infected.

Just not true. All the medical professionals who have died from it after taking every precaution would beg to differ.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
From the research we did for the NLBS episode Next Level BS #12: The Pandemic of Ebola Madness, patient Zero in Nigeria was Patrick Sawyer. He flew from Liberia to Nigeria with active ebola symptoms while on the plane. While 19 people were later identified as infected in Nigeria, none of them were on the flight.

Ebola is hard to catch. So even the dozens of people on the plane with Sawyer -- while he was contagious -- didn't become infected.

I agree that it is ... but it doesn't take much exposure for you to get it. It's not like you can screw up and then get lucky. If even one person comes into contact with an infectious person in the wrong way, they are pretty much going to get it. And when you are talking about a disease with a 50/50 chance of survival, is it fair to subject people to even that slight risk? It isn't like you're asking them to take a slight risk of catching something with the fatality chance of a really bad flu.

So, yeah sure, if you sat next to Vinson on the plane, I agree that you are almost certainly not getting sick, but you are going to have to now sit at home for 21 days wondering if you are that very, very extremely unlucky person who might have come into contact with her in the wrong way at the wrong time and could face the fight of your life because some pinhead at the CDC thought the risk was acceptable and Vinson was inconsiderate enough to not simply sit at home herself and spare you that wait.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
From the research we did for the NLBS episode Next Level BS #12: The Pandemic of Ebola Madness, patient Zero in Nigeria was Patrick Sawyer. He flew from Liberia to Nigeria with active ebola symptoms while on the plane. While 19 people were later identified as infected in Nigeria, none of them were on the flight.

I believe it is really hard to catch for some but for others it seems like they may have gotten it fairly easy. To me there does seem to be something wonky about how one can get it and another does not. My money is on some unknown factor that we have yet to discover and i have my eye on pepsi and there ritual sacrificial flavoring.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I understand news media can have different reporting to the same story. I was under the impression that she was aware she had a fever and called several times to confirm it was ok for her to fly:

More from CBS News:

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said that Vinson called the agency several times before flying, saying that she had a fever with a temperature of 99.5 degrees. But because her fever wasn’t 100.4 degrees or higher, she didn’t officially fall into the group of “high risk” and was allowed to fly.
www.theblaze.com... ort/

Based on the sole fact she called the CDC, she had questions in her heart about flying. But she called more than once which shows she wasn't too sure about flying in her condition! She should have canceled her flight and self quarantined on the basis of it being a possibility she was infected by Ebola. She is definitely guilty of being selfish and ignoring her gut. But looky here, now she can blame the CDC - also at fault, and get her picture in the paper!

Why is the CDC exercising an "extra margin of safety" AFTER the fact? It would have been much more intelligent to exercise the margin of safety BEFORE and not let the nurse fly! After all, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
edit on 16-10-2014 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
People sure fly a lot these days. What are the odds of two nurse caring closely for this patient to have to hop on planes so quickly afterward. I'm not postulating anything. I just find it so strange. If my friend and co-worker just tested positive for ebola and I was starting to feel ill, I probably wouldn't hop on a plane or go out with friends and family.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If it was as simple as coming into contact with an affected person then duncans family would be sick right now. There is more too this than just coming into contact with a carrier and spreading the virus. it does not make much sense that a family sharing 1000sq.ft with a highly infected person would not catch it but two nurses that wore wearing some forms of protection would get it.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: 8675309J
People sure fly a lot these days. What are the odds of two nurse caring closely for this patient to have to hop on planes so quickly afterward. I'm not postulating anything. I just find it so strange. If my friend and co-worker just tested positive for ebola and I was starting to feel ill, I probably wouldn't hop on a plane or go out with friends and family.

Two? The only one who was jetting around was Vinson.

Pham was doing what she should have - staying at home where she lived with her boyfriend and dog.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

If it was as simple as coming into contact with an affected person then duncans family would be sick right now. There is more too this than just coming into contact with a carrier and spreading the virus. it does not make much sense that a family sharing 1000sq.ft with a highly infected person would not catch it but two nurses that wore wearing some forms of protection would get it.

You have to come into contact with infected body fluids and get them into an open sore or mucus membrane or otherwise give the viral particles access to your blood stream. With Ebola, it doesn't take very many viral particles to establish a viable infection, so it's highly infectious.

That's why I say - they knew what he had and kept away from him as well as they could. And they had to have cleaned after him as well as they could, too. If they don't get sick, it was enough. It also helps that he got out of the apartment before the late stages of the disease. You shed more and more virus as the disease progresses, so the longer you have it, the more infectious you and your body fluids get.

Pham and Vinson were dealing with catheters and intubating procedures, drawing blood, and projectile vomit and explosive diarrhea. A whole bunch of nasty body fluids there to come into contact with, and it only takes missing a tiny amount and getting it into the wrong place to make you sick.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I get it but my point is that many others were exposed to as much or more of the virus as the nurses and they are not sick and that includes duncans family that took no precautions.

Bottom line is that we better be prepared for the next nurse that calls in or the next hospitol that has to deal with something like this. Blaming the nurse does not change the policies that got us here. not that you were blaming anyone
edit on 16-10-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Pham and Vinson were dealing with catheters and intubating procedures, drawing blood, and projectile vomit and explosive diarrhea. A whole bunch of nasty body fluids there to come into contact with, and it only takes missing a tiny amount and getting it into the wrong place to make you sick.

Yes, you are right,

Miss Vinson was one of the nurses at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital to treat Duncan when he was admitted a second time on September 28, in the first 'high-risk' days when there is a high volume of bodily fluids from projectile vomiting, bleeding and explosive diarrhea.

www.dailymail.co.uk... texas-three-days-later.html

That littler paragraph should be enough evidence of how the "traveling nurse Ms Vince " and second to get ebola, knew that her fever was a direct result of dealing with patient zero and didn't gave a crap about lying to be able to fly to go and do her shopping and planning, pure arrogance coming from a health care worker.

Are we American soo conditioned into thinking that we are invincible and nothing is to touch us?, You interact with an highly infected person and now you have fever and you can no blame it on body fluctuations

Nurse Pham is a hero she knew she was sick with ebola and did the responsible thing.

Second nurse Vince is an idiot.

edit on 16-10-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Duncan family may no be sick for the very reason than killed Mr Duncan, he knew when he left Liberia that he was sick with ebola, the family knew also, they kept themselves save and away from Mr. Duncan.

Mr. Duncan encounter with ebola was well documented he has seen how ebola infects and how ebola spreads and it did all around him in Liberia.

He was too late to be treated in the US but he took care of not infecting loves ones.

BTW the family is still in isolated and we just know what we are been told.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043 it does not help matters when people like the judge in dallas and obama go and visit nurses kissing them after they have been treating patients and say that the risk is none.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

While 19 people were later identified as infected in Nigeria, none of them were on the flight.

I sure hope you're right, and that they have traced down every possible contact.

Nigeria seems to have controlled the outbreak there, I just hope that have really traced down every possible contactvand that they don't haveva simmering epidemic in the suburbs and rural areas that is being hidden by a controlled media.

Another thing to think of is that the strain he had might not be the same strain that Duncan brought over with him.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

a reply to: violet

She was cleared to fly.
by the hospital
by the CDC.

She asked. THEY said it was okay. And they are supposed to know more than a nurse!

Stuff happens...let's worry instead about damage control and containment then blame.

If a doctor prescribes the wrong dose, or the pharmacy send the wrong drug and the nurse doesn't catch it and gives a med/dose that causes harm, she is held accountable as well.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

No, it doesn't help, it only shows that what we have for leaders, vote for and hold as the ones to guide us and keep us safe, are nothing but bubble heads and morons.

As of today is not leadership on this nation, at least no the way we have grew to believe it is.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

a reply to: violet

She was cleared to fly.
by the hospital
by the CDC.

She asked. THEY said it was okay. And they are supposed to know more than a nurse!

Stuff happens...let's worry instead about damage control and containment then blame.

I'm watching the news channels. Fox, "O'Reilly", guest said that she may not have called the CDC. They're still trying to determine what she did.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join