It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Western Christian stereotyping of Islam is at best, ignorant, and more likely hypocritical and bigot

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Bush said he felt called by God to go into Iraq. Also, the Religious Right and many Christians support Israel's treatment of Palestine due to their religious beliefs, fact.

Second, it is disingenuous or intellectually dishonest to claim the right to ascribe blame to Islam for Muslim violence but then completely divorce blame on Christianity for violence or unethical actions taken by Christians.

Both either show a failure of orthodoxy OR the simple fact that there are extremists of all kinds across all beliefs.

For example, there are unethical and extremist communists, Christians, Muslims, Hindus, etc ad infinitum.

originally posted by: fartsmeller46

originally posted by: Metallicus
I am not a follower of any mainstream religion, but when I look at what is happening in the world today there is only one religion still in the dark ages. Muslims still kill in the name if their God and while Christians can be annoying they don't kill people anymore.

Blaming any group of people for their past is disingenuous. If Muslims want to be part of the 21st century we are all waiting to welcome them.

True, we live in the here and now and we are responsible for our actions during our lifetimes. While past atrocities certainly are a page in our history they were not committed by those of us alive today and we are no more responsible for these actions than you are. There were many wars between Europe and the Ottoman empire,some won and some lost by both sides.And believe me the Muslim Ottomans were every bit as nasty as the Europeans.
The wars led by Bush were not started in the name of Christianity\ religion had nothing to do with it,It was strictly a money and oil grab .These guys over there are burning down churches and BE-HEADING CHILDREN ALL IN THE NAME OF ISLAM.This isn't a myth or a false accusation.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
For every finger you point, four are pointing back.

Judeo-Christianity has a 4000 year history of all of the things you are accusing Islam of: horrific passages teaching genocide or hatred (Old Testament, which Christians still consider word of God), ACTUAL genocide and forced conversion, whether that be of the Canaanites, Native Americans, or Europeans under Charlemagne, massive wars based on claimed cultural superiority, and so on.

originally posted by: Rustami
propaganda? lies? misunderstood?

“The hero of Islam is the one who separated his head from his shoulders.”

The historical Muhammad was in fact an ambitious terrorist, criminal and murderer - whose entire life was based on victimizing innocents and indulging in mindless violence, carnage and massacre. He was a man who destroyed peace wherever he went; and in its place brought terror, rapings, unmerciful butcheries, carnage and death www.bibleprobe.com...

According to Sharia law, murder carries a lesser penalty than "crimes against chastity."

Benevolence and Forgiveness?
Bring her back when the child is two years old." So they brought her back, and Muhammad said, "Take the baby from her and kill her." And that is what they did. Reference: "Islam and Terrorism", Page 203-204

Islam has always been strong on "forced conversions", especially via terror and the sword

Does Islam teach hatred of non-believers?
The actions of Muslims often reflect this hatred for non-believers. Those who kill believe they have a religious mandate to do so. Others celebrate terror attacks, including the mass murder of 9/11, which was cheered by Muslims from Gaza to Europe and (reportedly) even in the halls of the U.S. State Department.www.thereligionofpeace.com...

Can it be true? That Islamic schools in the United States teach hatred towards American Christians and Jews?
www.foxnews.com...

*WARNING EXTREMELY GRAPHIC

Here is a must-read piece from Satya D, a prominent Hindu thinker and activist:

From the advent of Islam, it is the brutality that was used to conquer. Will Durant and other authors have translated Arabs own memoirs on how the Islamic invaders have destroyed cultures and swathes of land with utmost brutality and inhumanity with mountains of Kafir’s heads and rivers of blood.

But what is more important is not who did it, but what drives them to do it.

- See more at: pamelageller.com...

how to behead video?
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

SYRIA Christian man forced to convert to Islam, then gets beheaded anyway WARNING Graphic Images
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

???

Christians/Jesus beheading anyone ever?-
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.google.com...=christians+beheading

???

Revelation 20 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

John 10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am (Jesus) come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Killings for Islam

Islam and Christianity have an interesting contrast. Jesus never killed anyone

Political Islam by Bill Warner tries to count the killings for Islam throughout history.
Center for the Study of Political Islam
This Bill Warner is not to be confused with PI Bill Warner.
Tears of Jihad. He claims that Islam is the greatest killer of all time
markhumphrys.com...

"Having studied both Christianity and Islam extensively, it is both right and necessary to document the genocide of the 270 million people who have died at the hands of Islam. This genocide is a testimony to the efficacy of authentic Islam--which by its own scriptural references is bellicose, misogynistic, racist, intolerant, and imperialistic. Authentic Christianity is the antithesis of these evils, so the violence committed by Christians is outside its orthodoy and they should be condemned as apostate crimes. Let us speak truth about Islam so we can confront it and keep it from stealing our peace, freedom, and our ability to worship (or not worship) as we wish."http://www.politicalislam.com/blog/tears-of-jihad/

Three Murderous Ideologies: Nazism, Communism, and Militant Islam

Militant Islam has far more in common with Nazism and Communism than it does with any genuine religious faith. All three have two common elements: (1) the openly stated intention to rule the entire world and (2) a claim to the right to deport, oppress, re-educate, or exterminate those who do not fit into their regimes. Militant Islam can, despite the lessons of 1939-1945 as well as the Holodomor (genocide by starvation of Ukrainians), China's Cultural Revolution, Stalin's Great Purge, and the killing fields of Cambodia, promote this agenda today by masquerading as a religion, with all the legal and social protections that this implies.

Read more: www.americanthinker.com...
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Daniel Pipes, Founder and Director, Middle East Forum
"The right of Muslims freely to leave Islam is emerging as an international human rights issue of the first order. Why We left Islam: Former Muslims Speak Out both documents and humanizes the tragedy of those born-Muslims who wish to pursue their conscience. The stories are vivid and the political implications profound."

Robert Spencer, Director of Jihad Watch and NY Times bestselling author of "The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam (and the Crusades)" and "The Truth About Muhammad."
"Powerfully written and deeply compelling, these accounts of people of conscience who left Islam are rendered all the more poignant by the realization that each one of them, no matter their status or situation, lives under the death sentence mandated by the Prophet Muhammad for apostates from Islam. Why We Left Islam should be required reading for human rights activists and all those who value the dignity of the human person, so that they will see why this horrific denial of the freedom of conscience within Islam must be resisted by all people of goodwill."

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
I think you could use a brush up on history. The Crusades were a response to the Islamic conquest of Christian lands(beginning with the conquest of Spain)

Though revisionist scholarship over the past few decades has taken a decidedly politically correct view of the these conflicts, trying to apply certain modern value systems onto the vastly different historical conditions and attitudes of the time, the goals of Crusaders from the 7th to 11th were to recover regions that had originally long been Christian kingdoms until being conquered during the first of many waves of Islamic Jihad. Failure to appreciate the physical and cultural environment of the people involved when examining this topic has become a common mistake. As historian Raymond Ibrahim writes when discussing modern views toward the Crusades: “Medieval man was not modern man. While all men throughout all time have been prone to hypocrisy, greed, violence, etc., Medieval Christians, as opposed to their 21st century (secularized) counterparts, were, by default, much more guided by faith (whether this faith was misplaced or not is hardly the point). 

’Secularism’ was never an option; Christians firmly believed in heaven and hell, God and the devil. And these were motives…One need not believe in God and religion; but one should still give them their due when discussing the Medieval world.” (“The History Channel’s Distortion of the Crusades”
by Raymond Ibrahim, June 6, 2009. See: victorhanson.com...)

www.thearma.org...

By the way Bush is a member of Skull and Bones, a secret society dedicated to the conquest of power and domination over the entire world, and interestingly so is John Kerry. Many Skull and Bones members go on to become members of the CFR in both the Democrat and Republican side of politics, employing the Hegelian dialectical method of conflict resolution with resulting synthesis of two opposing forces. Skull and Bones members are usually given positions of high authority and power in industry, banking, and other areas, even media. The John Birch Society even published a book about Bush Sr called "The Establishment's Man". Bush Jr is a 3rd generation Bonesman. I have no doubt that someone of that caliber would use religion as a platform for control.

To your first point, you are giving license to the west for the Crusades due to ME aggression. Well, they have the same argument now, that a few of them are attacking back due to Western imperialism, occupation, and attack over the past several hundred years. Are you prepared to give them license too?

To your second point, you are simply supporting many of our points, that those people who claim to be religious but yet are violent or extreme leaders (Osama or Bush) are either not truly followers of the ethics of religion and spirituality nor showing the "fruits of the spirit" OR possibly even liars that are simply claiming religion for the sake of control or appeasing the masses.

So you see, the rational view is to apply the same argument to both sides, not selectively exonerate Christianity but then blame all of Islam.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Thanks for the moderate response. Always appreciated.

As to ultra-critical, do you think that other cultures first attacked ours (physically or culturally) or vice versa? This is critical. I think that there are backlashes going back and forth, but most people are too myopic or self-centered to see the long-term causes.

For example, European colonialism utilized the argument in part that countries such as India, or those of the Americas, or in Africa, were those of savage heathens that were inferior and hence we had the right to subjugate them. In the Americas, especially North America, both the Canadian and US governments had a policy saying "Kill the Indian, save the man," wherein there was an explicit policy to try to demolish traditional perceived inferior Native American culture. Children were taken from their families to take away traditional language and culture learning.

In India the British told the Indians that Hinduism and their culture were inferior.

So the point is, the FIRST backlash is that of these cultures themselves beginning to hate the western imperialists and those who have told them they are inferior. That backlash has come out as our our current situation where we see the "liberal" and now global criticiism of white racism, structural racism, and white privilege. I get that this can itself seem to feel over the top and ALSO overly-generalize white people.

However, that backlash is due to legitimate crimes and bigotry by the West.

Basically, most groups of people who are subjugated or treated horrifically by another group often themselves begin to resent and show their own stereotyping and bigotry towards the original group. It goes on and on.

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

I agree with your OP in most cases. I would say this is all a symptom of backlash though. People are reacting to the outright attack on western culture. They see that Islam is often given a free pass out of caution, nothing really wrong with that, but then western culture is put under an absurd microscope and criticism by the same people. That makes it REALLY wrong since the defense of others must then feed off that criticism as the sole force of support for others. This brews false tolerance and ultimately discord on all fronts by skewing the self image of a respectfully proud yet balanced and happy medium for all.

Thats why I say being ultra critical of our own culture so as to appease others is counter productive towards real peace. In the mind of others, if you want me to respect the culture of others but you yourself cant respect my culture then you arent exactly very reliable or stable. At that point you are the farthest thing from reason and as a result you are ignored for your insanity and imbalance.

You know what I see, people who know their own culture and celebrate it have no issue respecting the celebration of the culture of others. People who need to insult and be absurdly critical of their own culture only superficially "respect" the culture of others. Once the media hype dies down those false defenders of tolerance are the front line of the affront on that very culture they defended when it was popular to do so.

edit on 18-10-2014 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

If you think I'm talking about the root of persecuters/murderers only being muhammed followers you'd be incorrect.

Even that question came up only because of some so-called believers there—false ones, really—who were secretly brought in. They sneaked in to spy on us and take away the freedom we have in Christ Jesus. They wanted to enslave us and force us to follow their Jewish regulations. But we refused to give in to them for a single moment. We wanted to preserve the truth of the gospel message for you. Galatians3

Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death. Romans7

How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?
Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust. John5

Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision.For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh. Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more Philippians3

And there was also a strife among them, which of them should be accounted the greatest.And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors. But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve. Luke22

For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. Matthew11

But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth: with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.

In that day the wolf and the lamb will live together;
the leopard will lie down with the baby goat.
The calf and the yearling will be safe with the lion,
and a little child will lead them all. Isaiah11

Revelation 5:6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

edit on 18-10-2014 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Rustami

You're just saying most of them are, right?
edit on 18-10-2014 by tavi45 because: auto correct mistake

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

I could say the same about American Christians. The only reason they don't behead people is because they are civilized enough to use banks, lawyers, propaganda, and the military to do their work for them. Keep pretending Islam is the problem when it's all just economic and social issues perpetuated by corrupt top down systems of rule.

Yes you are correct. Christians are civilized enough to build nations instead of tearing nations down. Yes you are correct that Christians use banks and so do Muslims. Christians use lawyers and so do Muslims. Christians use propaganda and so do Muslims. Christians use a military and so do Muslims. Christians do not wholesale murder and force others to be subjected to their theology. Islamic Muslims do just that.

By the way I do not subscribe to any denomination of theology but I do not believe in killing for the pleasure of killing as does Islam. The day may come that Christianity may very well say enough is enough and and then you will see all hell break loose. Once you turn that dragon loose it may be the last thing you will ever regret. It is not social problems as you have been indoctrinated to believe. It is plain nasty inhuman and rotted minds of sick people and you have bought into the same rotten cult of sick twisted minds.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

You're just saying most of them are, right?

I'm talking about anyone who "hears" a murderer will certainly end up in the same place. How can we know for sure?

Luke 6 And he spake a parable unto them, Can the blind lead the blind?

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. John10

and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him. 1John3

Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.
Mark3

What'd Jesus say to them and about the Father?

Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not. John 8

Matthew 23 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

You'd mentioned something earlier about more indirect type methods of hatred/murder/agenda?

Do not rich men oppress you, and draw you before the judgment seats? Do not they blaspheme that worthy name by the which ye are called? James2

they plotted to arrest Jesus in some sly way and kill him. Matthew26

Mark 12 But those husbandmen said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and the inheritance shall be ours.'

The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ.
For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together,For to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done.
Acts4

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

Lol, Christians build nations. Christians have toppled more nations than all the other religions combined. Christians destroyed 2 whole continents of civilization in the new world. They completely shattered governments and cultures in Asia, Africa, and the Middle East. They ravaged themselves with 2 world wars.

Seriously what have Christians built up besides themselves? You and your ilk wouldn't know Jesus of he slapped you in the face with his junk. You're exactly like a fanatic Muslim. You froth at the mouth with hate. How about you learn Jesus' teachings before you make the good Christians look bad.

Christians are no better than any other religion. Also what will happen when the Christian dragon rises? You guys are gonna murder me and my family for not being fanatical enough just like Muslims? Probably.

Fundamentalists are all the same. If I had it my way, we'd require any militant Christian to join the military or stfu. Then again they wouldn't allow that because fundamentalist make terrible soldiers. All you know how to do is hate. You wouldn't be able to follow orders and you'd cause more problems than you'd help. Keep the hate flowing. Every ignorant, hateful things you day concerns you to your own hell.

Jesus died for love not for hate. Stop soiling his lessons if you're actually Christian.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

So your disjointed and random bible quotes mean what? Nothing? I guess so since you made no point just slapped together some random bible passages. How about you speak like a normal human being? Or are you a broken biblical version of Teddy Rixbinn condemned to just play your little tape and never have your own thoughts?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

So your disjointed and random bible quotes mean what? Nothing? I guess so since you made no point just slapped together some random bible passages. How about you speak like a normal human being? Or are you a broken biblical version of Teddy Rixbinn condemned to just play your little tape and never have your own thoughts?

How about you learn Jesus' teachings before you make the good Christians look bad.

Christians are no better than any other religion.

Every ignorant, hateful things you day concerns you to your own hell.

Jesus died for love not for hate. Stop soiling his lessons if you're actually Christian.

Lol, Christians build nations. Christians have toppled more nations than all the other religions combined. Christians destroyed 2 whole continents of civilization in the new world. They completely shattered governments and cultures in Asia, Africa, and the Middle East. They ravaged themselves with 2 world wars.

Seriously what have Christians built up besides themselves? You and your ilk wouldn't know Jesus of he slapped you in the face with his junk.

edit on 18-10-2014 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Yeah but dude, I'm not a bible thumper. I'm calling you to follow your Lord and Saviors message.

Calling me out for it is invalid since I don't subscribe to that religion.

Maybe I'd still be Christian if not for hypocrites like you.
edit on 19-10-2014 by tavi45 because: auto correct mistake

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

so just from your quotes you could see and understood your contradiction

hypocrite
(1) A person who engages in the same behaviors he condemns others for.

Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee

But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above) Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)

edit on 19-10-2014 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

By the way I do not subscribe to any denomination of theology but I do not believe in killing for the pleasure of killing as does Islam.

Yeah sure you don't,

your hatred stinks through a computer screen.

Maybe if you really don't believe in killing for the pleasure of killing then you actually have something in common with billion people that believe in what Islam teaches.

It is plain nasty inhuman and rotted minds of sick people and you have bought into the same rotten cult of sick twisted minds.

The death cult that consists of humans of all walks of life, some hide under Islams banner others under Christs banner and so forth.

ISIS is apart of this death Cult, Our leaders of our countries are the generals of the death cult that send men to kill and die.

ISIS wants to gain a seat at the table where they can have a general play chess with the other generals, that game of chess costs many lives in the process.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

ISIS wants to gain a seat at the table where they can have a general play chess with the other generals, that game of chess costs many lives in the process.

It matters nothing to me what anyone was. What matters is what you are today. Re living history is not the solution nor an excuse for torture and murder today. You have revealed your true nature and you are one sick puppy. You nor your sick friends need a general to play chess. You need a doctor or perhaps a mortician but certainly not a chess board.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Ahhhhh you're correct. I am a hypocrite, almost everyone is one way or another. I'm trying to teach myself not to be. That's the difference. Also I dont support any one side. I love many Christians and I support the true ideals of the religion. If you strip away all the BS from Christianity it's all about loving and accepting others.

I'm arguing for Muslims and against Christians here because the thread is about not hating all Muslims for the acts of some. I'd argue the same thing in reverse and have before. Just recently I defended the Christian Churches from being mandated to accept gays, despite being gay myself.

I have no agenda other than being against polarization and blind hatred. As I've said before to others. I don't hate you at all. I hate the one sided viewpoint you are espousing.

There are good and bad Muslims just like there are good and bad Christians. If you disagree, that's your right and you are welcome to. I just don't think it's constructive to blame other people from a place of total righteousness and perfection. You are not perfect. Christianity is not perfect. I'm not perfect at all. We are all flawed humans.

I'll leave you with two of the most important ideas to come from Jesus that seem to be forgotten today, which I'm sure you'll turn against me anyways.

"He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her." John 8:7

I'm not trying to cast stones. I'm trying to beg you to stop doing so. Sadly I lack the eloquence and conviction of Jesus.

"But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also." Matthew 5:39

Jesus was trying to tell us that responding to evil with evil, hate with hate, violence with violence makes us no better than the one we attack. We must be loving Christians and never respond by sinking to someone else's level. MLK understood this message perfectly and that's why the civil rights movement was so successful.

I'm guilty of failing on both these counts but as I said I'm trying to teach myself to be better. I'm far from perfect but I'm trying. I suggest you do the same. Instead of attacking others, look inside yourself for the light of God. Live the teachings of Jesus if you want to be a true Christian.

One thing I know for sure is that Jesus would not be advocating bombing the Middle East or oppressing Muslims. It's completely contradictory to his entire message.
edit on 19-10-2014 by tavi45 because: auto correct mistake

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   

I'm arguing for Muslims and against Christians here because the thread is about not hating all Muslims for the acts of some.
Is the "author" of the muslim "faith" a murderer?

The Koran, and hence Allah, lays down that Muhammad’s life must be imitated..It is a taboo to discuss the true nature of the man whom one and a half billion Muslims around the world regard as a holy prophet and example to be followed..Ali Sina is an Iranian ex-Muslim who established the organisation for apostates of Islam Faith Freedom International. In his latest book he posits that Muhammad is a narcissist, a pedophile, a mass murderer, a terrorist, a misogynist, a lecher, a cult leader, a madman, a rapist, a torturer, an assassin and a looter. www.frontpagemag.com...

Is Christians?

Hebrews 12 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Matthew28

just a yes or no

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Jesus is not the author of the bible. In that particular quote Matthew is the author. That's why the bible is not in the first person like an autobiography.

Thanks for ignoring all my points to just continue with your endless rampage of bible quotes and Muslim hate. You are proving my point. Keep going.
edit on 20-10-2014 by tavi45 because: auto correct mistake

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   

A yes or no? and "faith" is the word but as for the accuracy-

For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty. For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.

We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.2Peter1

(the scriptures) and they are they which testify of me. John 5

not about to start addressing every little contradictory assumptive thought brought up nor every false accusation repeatedly, things are simply very evident by who or what is approved of
edit on 20-10-2014 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Lol why should I justify a pointless question. As I said Jesus did not write the bible. It's not written in first person.

You gonna discuss my points or just keep bringing up new ones? I already know the answer.

John is the author of your latest quote not Jesus FYI. That's why the bible is organized by author.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join