It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Walking Dead - Season 5

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Glenn will be fine, he and that asshat are working together to get back home. I can't wait till next season! So much to learn and a new bad group to deal with! The Wolves are about to meet a real wolf pack. Rick said it best at Terminus, they have no idea who they are dealing with.
edit on 29-3-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Oh man what an episode!

I thought we were gonna get a battle, but still a great finish.

Can't believe Glen didn't put a bullet in that guys head. Great ending, and now the wait

Also I can't seem to recall where Morgan got the battle gear, did he come up behind and grab it at the prison after the crew left?
edit on thMon, 30 Mar 2015 00:35:33 -0500America/Chicago320153380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
That was a pretty fantastic ending! I like how Pete ended up slitting that guys throat, like in the comics, although I really thought Deanna was going to be the one killed by Pete. (I assumed she was essentially Douglas)

As for Glenn and Nicholas.... I was hoping Glen would have killed him. His time is coming though.

I didnt expect Morgan to show up, and that really caught me off guard. What a perfect time for him to see Rick!

As for the Wolves.... when those 2 picked up that backpack and started looking at the pictures of ASF, how could you end up dropping that after being rescued and shutting the chain gate behind you? Didnt seem like they were rushing to get out of there after closing it,....and how do you cover 50 miles on foot in a matter of just an hour or so? Then again, when Rick closed the gate and began running into town, it was light at the gate then nighttime as he was running down the wall.....

Overall, this episode is 10/10 for me. Sucks we have to wait so long for it to start again, but atleast there's 2 episodes of Better Call Saul left, and Game of Thrones starts in 2 more weeks!

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
So who knew Morgan was a Jedi? That was awesome!

Fixed that one for ya.

ETA: They moved Pete to a house across the street from his wife? Sometimes the writers really get it wrong and it's just common sense stuff. Then comes stuff like the Christlike images of Sasha and Father Gabriel(that may be on the director but still, it's there). Gotta take the good with the bad on WD.
edit on 3/30/2015 by TheSpanishArcher because: Bleeds The Nose

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   
This was classic TWD hit or miss for me. It seemed like this episode was strongly slanted towards a reconciliation theme. Abraham and Eugene, Sasha and Gabriel, Rick and the townsfolk, Maggie and God, and Deanna and reality. That was OK, but I had a few conceptual issues with the episode. Such as, Rick found the gate open, killed 3 walkers he had to search for inside the town... I have to wonder why there wasn't any movement towards searching the entire town to make sure there weren't any more the minute Rick entered the town square. I also have to wonder why Sasha's gunfire when she and Gabriel were struggling seemingly was ignored by the residents completely.

Little things I seem to get irked by in pretty much every episode, I guess.
I've been fairly blah about this entire season, truth be told. I guess I'm expecting too much from the show at this point.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: buni11687

Did he have the back pack on when Morgan saved them?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: buni11687

Did he have the back pack on when Morgan saved them?

No, when they crawled out from under the truck the walker that came up behind Aaron grabbed the backpack. Aaron slipped out of the pack to free his machette and kill another walker. They never showed him picking the pack back up.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Well Rick hunted the walkers down & killed them. Maybe he did do a complete sweep and we can also say they did another sweep later that night. I know I would. As far as the gun fire, she has a silencer on that weapon so no wonder no one heard the shots.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Guys who have read the comic books....

A plea from one fan of the T.V. series, I've not read the comic books yet... well, only up to book 5...

Can we keep it spoiler light please? I want to talk about the series but keep picking up on stuff I don't want to know yet.

Would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

edit on Mar034431America/ChicagoMon, 30 Mar 2015 15:03:44 -0500_8770331 by Mister_Bit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Mister_Bit

The show has differed enough from the graphic novels to really not worry too much about spoilers. If the series was tight to the comic book, last night after seeing Rick shoot Pete, Morgan's first reaction would have been "Uh, you gonna eat that because my son... errrr."

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

The show has differed enough from the graphic novels to really not worry too much about spoilers. If the series was tight to the comic book, last night after seeing Rick shoot Pete, Morgan's first reaction would have been "Uh, you gonna eat that because my son... errrr."

I'll take the hint and avoid the thread.... cheers.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I feel the opposite, spoiler me away!

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Ok, I thought he had dropped it at the onset of them getting released but ya I didn't recall seeing him with it on once they got saved.

edit on thMon, 30 Mar 2015 16:18:29 -0500America/Chicago320152980 by Sremmos80 because: my fingers never type what my brian tells them!

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

I feel the opposite, spoiler me away!

While much too late to qualify as a spoiler, the TV show has softened the depravity of some of the characters. The Governor, for example, was a psychopathic lunatic in all aspects of the word in the books. They significantly toned him down, almost to the point where he was at times sympathetic. Some characters currently alive were dead fairly quickly in the book. Comic book Carol should have died a long time ago and (in an example of something the TV series actually improved on vs the book) was never portrayed as an even remotely strong, mentally tough character. Morgan's son, in the comic book, was turned and Morgan couldn't bring himself to kill him, so he chained him up and fed him fresh body parts.

The show is starting to get beyond the point in the graphic novels which I've read to, so I'm going to be interested to find out if that lack of "spoiler" knowledge makes the show more or less enjoyable for me.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

So they combined an aspect of Morgan's character and the Gov in the show, and similarly Herschel with his barnyard of zombie family members.

I like the Morgan character as it is in the show, this zen like ninja with a lucky rabbits foot.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I was just thinking that it would be cool if the guys from season one who were guarding the nursing home made an appearance somehow in the next season. I doubt it would happen but I always wondered how those guys fared after Rick and company left them. I liked how they stayed with the old people to take care of them when everybody else took off.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
I was just thinking that it would be cool if the guys from season one who were guarding the nursing home made an appearance somehow in the next season. I doubt it would happen but I always wondered how those guys fared after Rick and company left them. I liked how they stayed with the old people to take care of them when everybody else took off.

I don't even remember that. I'm gonna have to re watch these seasons.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

It was the episode called Vatos. It made me laugh that the guys came across as the stereotypical gang bangers but it turns out they're not really. Just guys trying to do the right thing.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Man oh man I can't believe this last episode. That was amazing. What a way to end the season. I can't wait until new episodes come on.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Good finale. I was surprised that NONE of the group died. I did think it was weird that Rick didn't notify anybody that there may have been walkers inside the compound. And wasn't there supposed to be someone in the tower just in case?

Long wait til next season but Fear The Walking Dead will take up some of the slack.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join