It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Walking Dead - Season 5

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

if we remember right Glenn has always been the runner and the guy who gets things for the group and does those types of things. why would rick ask Carol to do that? it doesn't make sense when that is a perfect glenn job get in get out

It was Carol's ability to be "invisible" as part of the background, and being above suspicion, that led to her being the one to get the guns out.

I don't think the Wolves are from the comics, but unique to the show instead. (if I remember right)

There have been some MAJOR changes from the comics throughout the seasons, so can't really look at them for much guidance on what will happen, other than settings, possible villains, etc.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I love TWD. This seaon has had its ups and downs for me. The first few episodes were awesome but when they focused on Beth, it really brought things to a halt. Since the mid season break, things have gotten better. Only 3 episodes left and then we'll have another long wait.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
So I guess Noah had to die because he was the only witness to Diana's one son's death and the other son's willingness to abandon his brother as well as his absolute screw of Glen and Noah in the revolving door.

The possibly disputed events at the warehouse coupled with Gabriel's testimony to Diana and this weirdness with Jesse's husband, safe to say....it's on now between Rick's group and this new place.
edit on 3/15/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I thought this was actually a pretty good episode.

Noah was a pretty good character IMO (and a great actor), even though he was around for a very small amount of time compared to the rest of the group. I knew someone was going to die this episode, since I saw it plastered on the news wall on my homepage, but luckily averted my eyes from reading too much. I had no idea it would be him though. Personally, I think he should have been around for a few more episodes before they killed him off, just for a bit more memorability and emotional attachment or whatever it's called. Nevertheless, he did pretty good with the tiny amount of time he had.

As for the preacher dude.....yea, I dont think any of us like him anymore.

The upcoming Rick vs Pete or whatever his name is fight.... we all know who's gonna kick some butt.

One thing that really bugged me was the extreme over use of CGI, especially when it came to blood and gore. It seemed like it wasnt synced too well and just seemed to pop out of the screen. For example, when Glen saved Eugene and shot one of zombies in the head, the body leaned up against one of the shelves and the blood spot on its head just completely jumped out. Literally, it just stood out so much that I was saying "Hey, wtf is wrong with that?" while watching. Usually TWD does these special effects somewhat decently, but it really seemed like they gave up trying this time. It's these little things that bug me every now and then.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Man, Noah's death was brutal...

Glen was a witness as well though right? Or is the point that Noah was the only one that could back what Glen has to say.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Yeah. Now it's just Glen's word against the the son's...and Gabriel's testimony about their nature.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Yeah they made that point on the talking dead that the people of ricks group are just more "advanced" with what you see with Abraham and Glenn taking charge.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

The noah death scene was arguably the best of the show so far. I mean maybe Dales death scene might be up there but I don't know.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: buni11687

I would like it better if it was more of a spontaneous "showdown" if you will ( if you want to call it that Like Chris Hardwick said Rick will destroy that guy He doesn't know Rick!) But I would like it to be something that wasn't to predictable with the "Don Carol" ordering the hit basically. Like remember the prison where he accidentally shot the prisoner's that were trying to take the place back you knew he had to kill them but when it happened it happened more spontaneously right.

and who is this Carol I guess she really did scrub Sophia form her memory it s like she never had a child before and doesn't know how to act around children.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I can see an epic showdown coming. Gabriel stabbing Rick's group in the back like he did, combined with the kid getting killed, and anything that Rick does to that guy are going to push things to the boiling point, I think. The people in that town are screwed.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Does anyone want to speculate on what the season finale will be?? and what might happen? The only thing I can think of will be a maybe a herd attacks the walls of the town. because numerous characters have made comments about the walls form Noah to Rick.

Even with the 90 minute season finale I don't think there will have time to do what I thought there were going to do.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

Does anyone want to speculate on what the season finale will be??

Im going to assume the showdown between Rick and Pete, along with some hostilities with others because of what the priest said to the mayor.

However, I have read a bit of the comics and also think there's a chance that a major character from them may be introduced. Without saying too much, it's a bad guy. I do think the showdown has a greater chance than this though. The next character would probably take a few more episodes to properly introduce him.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

At first maybe..but the kid got to her....she does care about the kid on some level or she wouldn't have approached Rick about what he should do.

As for the finale..I think tensions will come to a head between Alexandria and Rick's group..at the exact time a third group, the Wolves, makes their move - and Alexandria will have to decide who is more equipped to save their pampered butts.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Rick and Company need to take over Alexandria.
The people living there are clueless.
And where'd Gabriel get his new minister collar?
He burned his last one when he 'gave up'.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I think Gabriel's conscience is getting to him. He can't find his way back to actually being a preacher again as long as there are people around (Rick's group) who know what he did to his congregation.

He's going to snap and blame Satan...or Rick.

edit on 3/18/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

As for the finale..I think tensions will come to a head between Alexandria and Rick's group..at the exact time a third group, the Wolves, makes their move - and Alexandria will have to decide who is more equipped to save their pampered butts.

I think that's exactly what's going to happen. Rick and his group told them that they're not prepared for what's really out there. I think they're going to get a rude awakening and then actually depend on Rick and the rest for help. Maybe they'll even take over Alexandria.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Interesting article/interview with TDOG. He grew up in poverty (and in trouble) in Atlanta. Got himself out of the poverty and troubles and onto one of the most popular TV shows in America. WOW!

Article on T Dog from Walking Dead

"My mother, she was addicted to crack, she was an alcoholic, and my father, I saw him two times in my life. My brother, he's been in and out of the justice system from the age of 14." Singleton, 39, was no angel himself, having run wild in the streets for some 20 years. I carried a pistol, I sold drugs. What that whole life entails, I did it," he told host Steve Malzberg.

Singleton was able to clean himself up, eventually getting accepted by the University of Georgia, where he majored in speech communication and theater and played on the Georgia Bulldogs football team.

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Yo F Gabriel! Hated him since day 1. Such a baby, but he's a perfect fit for the people of Alexandria. They're all cowards who cannot survive beyond the walls. (mmm walls, Game of Thrones coming soon!)

I too wondered where the hell he got that collar! Maybe it was lying around in the town somewhere? They seem to have police outfits so it's possible, but either way, it should have been explained in the show. Unless that has yet to come?
edit on 20-3-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I don't want to give too much away... just incase some aren't up to date....

.... But man.... that scene in the revolving door really shook me. Didn't see THAT outcome and well, it was powerful... his face stayed with me all night.

That's what I love about this program, it pokes a red hot needle into your soft emotional spots!!

posted on Mar, 20 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Great article here that says Rick's group are the wolves, metaphorically speaking.

uproxx.com... uproxx%2Ffeatures+%28Uproxx%29

It turns out, however, that the “wolves” aren’t the enemy of Rick’s gang. THEY ARE Rick’s gang. They are the wolves, and that metaphor was obvious throughout last night’s episode, from the moment they walked in like a feral pack of dogs. Here’s the thing about wolves: They are pack animals. Wolf packs stick together, as Rick’s gang demonstrated by sleeping in the same house. They mark their territories, and they DO NOT join other packs. In fact, a large percentage (in some cases, more than 50 percent) of wolf deaths come as a result of fights with other wolf packs.

That’s exactly what was going on in last night’s episode. Rick — R.I.P. Rick’s beard — is the pack leader (along with Michonne); Carol — as she noted herself — is the “den mother” — and Daryl is the “lone wolf,” or the guard dog, as the episode took pains to demonstrate. The rest of Rick’s pack also illustrated how much stronger they were than the weak wolf pack in possession of Alexandra, and by episode’s end, it had become apparent that Rick would not deal with threats from the citizens by taking his family and leaving Alexandra, but by taking over their territory. The Alexandria citizens are set to become prey for Rick and his pack.

As Rick told Deanna himself, she never should’ve opened the gates because it’s all about survival now, and the strong will prey upon the weak.It turns out, however, that the “wolves” aren’t the enemy of Rick’s gang. THEY ARE Rick’s gang. They are the wolves, and that metaphor was obvious throughout last night’s episode, from the moment they walked in like a feral pack of dogs. Here’s the thing about wolves: They are pack animals. Wolf packs stick together, as Rick’s gang demonstrated by sleeping in the same house. They mark their territories, and they DO NOT join other packs. In fact, a large percentage (in some cases, more than 50 percent) of wolf deaths come as a result of fights with other wolf packs.

That’s exactly what was going on in last night’s episode. Rick — R.I.P. Rick’s beard — is the pack leader (along with Michonne); Carol — as she noted herself — is the “den mother” — and Daryl is the “lone wolf,” or the guard dog, as the episode took pains to demonstrate. The rest of Rick’s pack also illustrated how much stronger they were than the weak wolf pack in possession of Alexandra, and by episode’s end, it had become apparent that Rick would not deal with threats from the citizens by taking his family and leaving Alexandra, but by taking over their territory. The Alexandria citizens are set to become prey for Rick and his pack.

As Rick told Deanna himself, she never should’ve opened the gates because it’s all about survival now, and the strong will prey upon the weak.

So either we'll be introduced to a new villain or it will be Alexandria vs Rick's group. Seems like it's winding up to the latter.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join