It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kindergarten 5-Year old Forced to Sign Contract not to Kill Anybody

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I should get this for my kids for Christmas:

A toy that was normal in my childhood would have the hyper-pc pearl-clutchers of today mess themselves. Oh my, the violence! Oh wahhh, what wussies.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Besides the absurdity of having a child sign a "contract" , this is a really good example of the school system pushing an agenda. Children are exposed to guns through television, perhaps their parents, etc. , so it's pretty normal to be curious and to imitate what they see. To make the leap that this child is a danger to herself or others because she was PLAYING with a crayon really is Bats@#t Crazy !

Guns are not illegal, they are a big part of American culture and even sold as toys. I personally don't own them, nor would I give a toy or real guns to my child, but I absolutely don't think schools have any right to make that kind of value judgement for other people's children.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
If she wasn't already a murderer, she will be once the school system's done with her.
edit on 12/10/1414 by Emerald53 because: spelling.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Does anybody know a 5yo that even understands the concept of a contract? I don't.

The contract has no legal bearing anyway. A five year old cannot be legally held liable for much of anything.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Emerald53
If she wasn't already a murdered, she will be once the school system's done with her.

Or,

She will become a lawyer

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I know. They did too. They are educators. They're used to covering their asses..... so wtf is the point of this?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Crayons don't draw pictures, little children draw pictures....

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
crayons lead to markers..... and they're permanent. just like death.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Woah woah woah, did we skip a step? I thought color pencils came before markers? And we have different levels of markers, we have the washable kind and the permanent

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
well looks like it is time to overhaul the education system from this.....
to something that actually teaches kids something useful

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

Woah woah woah, did we skip a step? I thought color pencils came before markers? And we have different levels of markers, we have the washable kind and the permanent

Permanent markers are only for self defense but you have to stay in practice somehow.
I like to go down to the whiteboard range and work on my markersmanship.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

ROTFL, that was funny as hell XD Can I quote you & use that as my sig line?

And yeah, wait a minute. Like another poster said, what about colored pencils? Shouldn't the steps from something soft like crayons go to colored pencils, then something like colored pens, then the hard stuff like markers? And where does paint fall in there? Art, man, once their hooked on art, there's no going back

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

originally posted by: Shiriya
That's exactly what I was wondering, what kid would know what it is. I wonder if they told the child about the social contract.

That is to make an assumption that the morons who instigate this whole stupid debacle were well read enough to actually be familiar with the concept of the social contract.

I doubt it. These dip$$$$$ probably haven't read much farther than the Sunday comics.

Haha I think such a thing should be required reading. I mean it was for my BA and such a thing plays a heavy role in our lives. Especially those that educate should at least take a look at it even if they aren't going to teach it.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Really makes you wonder why water pistols and Nerf guns are still legal to buy, doesn't it?

PopTarts, Crayons, and fingers get kids suspended and evaluated for violent tendencies. How much longer before schools implement a kid version of the Cash for Guns program?

iTunes for Guns! Trade in your water gun or Nerf gun for 1 free iTunes download!

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
pssh yall new kids and your fancy petro markers and machined pencils. In my day, allw e had was CHALK! and you could cook up a nasty storm with that stuff. Its like carpet bombing a whole class man...

Seriously I think the admins of the school are a bit on the inexperienced side. IMO, I think its childless teachers are blowing this stuff out of proportion. I could understand perhaps being a bit cautious over a middle schooler or high schooler coming up with these kinds of artistic depictions. But a a 5 year old kindergarten student?? Where has the common sense gone? Im telling you nobody with kids would take that seriously from a five year old.

I got four, and we love hunting squirrel and raccoon for the furs. If more humans actually understood what it was to be human, getting your hands into some blood and guts whether your skinning hides for hats and pouches or fillet a fresh catch of fish, or even takeing that chicken apart from a clucking hen to a dinner for three. Until anybody has actually done that, they need to stop calling themselves human. Just cattle being fed mechanically processed feed.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Hahaha!

Dear God! If I had been unfortunate enough to be educated under such a system (not that the one we had here in the UK back in the day was free of problems), they would have had a field day with my doodles!

"Oooooh! What's this Peter? Oh... No wait a moment, Peter, why is half his head missing? Is that... Is that brain matter you are drawing now?"

Good grief!

I am pretty sure that the contract is void, because it was signed by someone who is below the age of legal responsibility, who was not in the presence of their parent or guardian. I could be mistaken, but I am pretty sure.
edit on 13-10-2014 by TrueBrit because: Grammar edit.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
we must ban crayons...and pointing.
also making ambiguous/controversial sounds with our mouths, probably should ban paper as well, to avoid paper cuts, chalk as well, it resembles coc aine.
thankfully we got rid of dodge-ball.
"blackboard" is racist.
We should also try to avoid direct contact between children, probably surround their desks with glass, so one kid can't invade the others personal space.

After all, we all want our children to be prepared to face the world once they are out of school.
the best way to do this is by making sure they are denied any form of free expression in it.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Condemn and label early. Easier to get guns and other civil liberties away from "dey youf".

School to Prison Pipeline 2.0.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

so drawing and pretending as well as using their imagination is frowned upon.
i thought that stuff encouraged.
i guess its all still cool as long is it is school approved.

i wonder what happens when they see a kid eating the glue....contract not to do drugs?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Unless Alabama is out there, a 5 you old minor would not be able to legally enter into contract.

What I find strange is that the school system, the educators, don't know this. It could just be a terror tactic toward a child but I some what doubt the child would understand the whole concept.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join