It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kindergarten 5-Year old Forced to Sign Contract not to Kill Anybody

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Situation:

5 year old girl draws picture "resembling" a gun.

The girl points a crayon at another kid and says "pew pew".

Result:

The school makes the girl sign a contract not to kill anybody or kill herself.

The "contract" is from the Mobile, Alabama County Public Safety department.

They tried to assess whether the little girl was suicidal or homicidal.

They asked the 5 year old if she is depressed now.

And the best part is, the girl actually signed the papers with her first name !!!!!!

All without the girl's Mother's permission.

Question:

Who is *really* crazy here?

An Alabama mom is furious that her five-year-old daughter was forced to sign a contract saying she will not hurt herself or anyone at school after she pointed a crayon at a classmate.

The incident occurred at E.R. Dickson Elementary School in Mobile.

The mom, only identified as Rebecca, said the school asked her toddler, Elizabeth, whether she was depressed, which the little girl did not understand.

'They told me she drew something that resembled a gun,' Rebecca told WPMI-TV

'According to them she pointed a crayon at another student and said, ''pew pew''.'

Five-year-old who pretended her crayon was a gun is forced to sign contract by her kindergarten promising not to kill others or herself

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Gee, why don't we have real criminals sign contracts like that?
It would eliminate repeat offenses ..... right?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
All I can think of is the back of a t-shirt I once saw.

What a world, what a world.

edit on 10/12/14 by GENERAL EYES because: small edit

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Things are getting downright nutty. Political correctness has morphed into a psychological disorder, imo. The educators at that school probably had a protocol to follow if a child displayed so-called violent tendencies. A 5-yr. old play acting with a crayon as a gun got labelled and that signed "contract" will probably follow her throughout the rest of her school days. I would sue, too.

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I keep telling the mods that we need a forum called:

BAT$417 CRAZY

It's becoming a necessity. I think they're just afraid that it'd overtake all of the other forums on this site. About 90% of the stuff that happens in America could go there.

edit on 2014 10 by incoserv because: I could

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Does anybody know a 5yo that even understands the concept of a contract? I don't.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Does anybody know a 5yo that even understands the concept of a contract? I don't.

Does anybody know a professional accountant that understands the US Tax Code? I don't.

That doesn't stop them from "enforcing" it.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Gee, why don't we have real criminals sign contracts like that?
It would eliminate repeat offenses ..... right?

We could have Govt. sign it but they would just re-write it later.

Peace

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

That's exactly what I was wondering, what kid would know what it is. I wonder if they told the child about the social contract.

+3 more 
link   

Also not even legal for them to sign a contract.

+7 more 
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Wpuld just like to add that a contract that a 5yo or any minor signs, isnt legally binding. That kid could go right on out and point crayons again. We need tougher laws!!!

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
a reply to: intrepid

Wpuld just like to add that a contract that a 5yo or any minor signs, isnt legally binding. That kid could go right on out and point crayons again. We need tougher laws!!!

YES!

We must be protected from "Pew Pew"...

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shiriya
That's exactly what I was wondering, what kid would know what it is. I wonder if they told the child about the social contract.

That is to make an assumption that the morons who instigate this whole stupid debacle were well read enough to actually be familiar with the concept of the social contract.

I doubt it. These dip$$$$$ probably haven't read much farther than the Sunday comics.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
I keep telling the mods that we need a forum called:

BAT$41+ CRAZY

That forum would be awesome.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Maybe the kid (s) will gain early on an understanding of how the grownup world works and as a result make it better when it's their turn to participate...

Maybe they will just grow up to be damaged and work at a bank or on wall street...

The grownups involved in this incident really should get counseling to avoid causing more kids to need counseling in the future.

Let kids be kids or they may just turn into what you fear most later in life.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Complete stupidity.

What will a contract do if this girl actually does end up hurting someone?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
If only we had thought to do this with the likes of John Wayne Gacy, and Ted Bundy! How many lives could we have saved??

Now when the daughter comes home with the keys to a brand new Lexus? It could go either way. I mean... She can obviously sign legal contracts. Who knows?

The public school system has gone to shiite and I speak from experience. I've had the misfortune of watching it go downhill for the last 13 years. They might as well be called grooming camps and reeducation camps at this point.
edit on 10/12/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
One of the best ways to stop a child of that age from doing something negative is to ignore it the first time it happens. If you don't make a big deal about it they will simply move on to rainbows or something else.

+7 more 
link   
Ban Crayons - simple.

Create a crayon owners database and have all owners of crayons register their crayons.

Paranoid has a new owner, un-truckin believable!!!!

link   

Wow, speechless over here. So you inundate the populace with unspeakable violence through movies, tv, video games, news, magazines etc and now is a 5 years old fault for doing pew pew? How about you stop airing the bs tv programs are filling in our lives 24/7, stop the making (outlaw) of violent video games, make the whole social condition a better environment instead of the living night mare we all experience continuously than I can assure you the little one doesn't have and need to do pew pew anymore. Bunch of losers and lunatics :@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@:@

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join