It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kindergarten 5-Year old Forced to Sign Contract not to Kill Anybody

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
All of these incidents with children such as pop tarts, toy guns, crayons etc… Is heartbreaking that the school authorities would even notice such little things.

As funny and stupid as this is, the thing that bothers me most is it is supposedly educated people that are making a mountain out of an ant hill and nothing is being done to protect our children against these people that have warped minds.

My first thought is... I would not want my kid to be in a classroom that is taught by such a lunatic. It is not the children that are in question.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

But nobody is going to take that responsibility lightly, because kids are known to commit serious crimes too.
a reply to: alexball

are you freaking serious! A 5 year old with a crayon or maybe a pop tart!

All I can do at this point is just shake my head in disbelief and wonder where in the hell did common sense go?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: xuenchen

Gee, why don't we have real criminals sign contracts like that?
It would eliminate repeat offenses ..... right?

Shoot, lets just have society at large all sign this contract and stem all crime from the get go!

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
a reply to: intrepid

Wpuld just like to add that a contract that a 5yo or any minor signs, isnt legally binding. That kid could go right on out and point crayons again. We need tougher laws!!!

Actually, according to contract law, it is- but the minor can withdraw from the contract at any time, for any reason- though damages can be awarded (for cases like a minor purchasing an automobile from someone, etc. Irregardless, a 5 y.o. doesn't understand the concept of a contract, so that would be unenforceable of course.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
wow must be tons of fun to be 5 in 2014...

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
I should get this for my kids for Christmas:

A toy that was normal in my childhood would have the hyper-pc pearl-clutchers of today mess themselves. Oh my, the violence! Oh wahhh, what wussies.

Don't take this the wrong way, but buy your kid that and then don't be surprised if she is shot 150 times by 10 police officers who were 'in fear of their lives' because the kid 'had something that resembled a gun' and that the kid was 'coming straight at them'. 10 officers on paid leave pending investigation.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft
I think it would be better to issue kids with Craylar vests with anti-pewpew plates. Banning crayons just hurts legal crayon owners, and criminal children will find alternate ways of getting crayons, like dentist visits.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: RunForTheHills

are you freaking serious! A 5 year old with a crayon or maybe a pop tart!

Yes I'm serious. Child murderers are known to exist.

Cark Mahan was a six year old boy who murdered Cecil van Hoose
www.enquirer.com...

What is different in 2014 is that today in the litiginous culture of America, whenever a school shooting happens, and there are comments of the shooter as having been an overtly troubled child, everyone points the finger at teachers, psychologists and administrators for not having done anything pre emptively. Bizarre and silly as this case is, I can appreciate the reasoning behind it.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
One of the things today, and i believe it is the root of all the country's problems, is that the majority of people in
positions of authority now were among the millions of heavy bong hitters during the hippy era of peace and love.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Pearl Jam! I have that shirt

I got those same vibes reading this article, the first time it appeared on ATS.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: froglegs79

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: CardiffGiant

so drawing and pretending as well as using their imagination is frowned upon.
i thought that stuff encouraged.
i guess its all still cool as long is it is school approved.

i wonder what happens when they see a kid eating the glue....contract not to do drugs?

Paste is THE gateway drug.

I disagree. Mr Sketchy scented markers are the gateway drug and the root of all evil..

I was just speaking from my elementary school experience, I am sure others had different starts.
It went paste, markers, nail polish at my elementary school.
edit on bu312014-10-14T07:51:17-05:0007America/ChicagoTue, 14 Oct 2014 07:51:17 -05007u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Yep banning crayons should do it. And anything that can be pointed at others like pencils, pens, baseball bats, fingers.

All their fingers should be banned forthright. Chop them off immediately!

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
It is absolutely legal for a kid to sign a contract. It's just not legally enforceable. In fact, parents are encouraged to make contracts with their kids about behavioral issues. PARENTS. Her parents should have been notified of the concern and let them handle it.

I say having her sign a contract is better than expelling her because of her actions (which I'm kind of surprised didn't happen). But it's pretty crazy to go to these lengths because of her innocent behavior.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I say having her sign a contract is better than expelling her because of her actions (which I'm kind of surprised didn't happen). But it's pretty crazy to go to these lengths because of her innocent behavior.

i dont think anything should have been done at all. no expulsion. no contract.
maybe a simple 'thats not very nice' and thats about it.

i thought kids were encouraged to use their imaginations.....you know, pretend....

thats what this kid did.
nothing wrong with that.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
It has been a while since I looked at the laws of the country, but here goes.

This will never stand up in court, and ultimately many people tend to forget several things:

1) This is a little girl, who is 5 years old. This is not, say a teenager who is say 16, 17 or 18.
2) Legally, this contract can not be enforced, as this is a child, who is under the age of consent, and not an adult. So what all do they expect that this child is going to do, or even believe will happen?

All this is, is PC that has gone so far that a child can no longer be a child.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Knee-jerk...

Last I heard, minors can not be held as a responsible party as a contract signatory?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Can they even read at that age?

Here, sign.

What?

Just sign…

Whats sign.

Write your name.

Where?

Right here. Here I'll do it for you.

There, now you agree to everything I say and everything I tell you to do.

Lesson over for the day.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Here, sign.

What?

Just sign…

Whats sign.

Write your name.

Where?

Lesson over for the day.

They told her to sign it first so she could find out what it says.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: intrptr

Here, sign.

What?

Just sign…

Whats sign.

Write your name.

Where?

Lesson over for the day.

They told her to sign it first so she could find out what it says.

And didn't give her a copy, either.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

This is un-fing real! School systems should be made to get a mental evaluation before getting the job! They are all clearly nuts!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join