It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beginning to thinkk the whole Isis "crisis" is just a bunch of BS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
A friend and I were talking last night, and we started talking about the world's inability to deal with the Isis "crisis." Now, you have to keep in mind, we are told that Isis is only made up of 3,000 to 5,000 combatants.
Anyway, as the conversation took form, we talked about how Assad and Syria can't seem to deal with them. The American funded "Free Syria" cannot seem to deal with them. America's drone strikes have done zero. Now, U.S government is saying war with Isis could take at LEAST 30 years!! Are you #ing kidding me!!??
I have to wonder, are these Isis fighters immortal, reincarnated Spartans, or what? Do they even exist at all? Or is this just another ploy being used by the world's governments to keep the general populace in fear and distracted?
edit on 12-10-2014 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/12/2014 by AshleyD because: Mod Edit: Profanity in Title.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

Its true, they will make an issue of anything that will keep the pot brewing.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Shema

Well, it does seem we funded them for a reason. The reason would be what Shema states above, but the pot in that area is all important due to oil. We've got to have a reason to maintain a presence ther And you can be sure that now the area's been destabilized, if we don't someone else will.

However, is any of that real anymore?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   

It would. It has gotten to the point of borderline hilarity.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
No guiz. Isis is real. Very bad people. Boots on the ground. Bullets for drugs. The whole nine yards. They killed people guiz!
edit on 12-10-2014 by nukedog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: tetra50

And you can be sure that now the area's been destabilized, if we don't someone else will.

Is it? Judging by what has happened over the last 20 years, I have my doubts.
edit on 12-10-2014 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: nukedog

"Yep." Cnn, fox. Msnbc,abc, cbs, nbc all said so. "Must" be "true."

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth

And you can be sure that now the area's been destabilized, if we don't someone else will.

Ummm... You mean since our earliest recorded records?

I find the whole thing ironic. The cradle of western civilization and look at it. Pathetic
edit on 12-10-2014 by nukedog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Active 1999–present[10][11] (under various names)[12]
Ideology Anti-Shiaism
Salafiyya jihadism
Takfiri
Khawarij
Leaders
Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi ("Caliph")[5]
Abu Omar al-Shishani (Field Commander)[13][14]
Abu Mohammad al-Adnani (Spokesman)[15]
Headquarters Ar-Raqqah, Syria
Area of
operations
Iraq
Syria
Lebanon[16][17]
Algeria[18]
Libya[19]
Strength 80,000–100,000 (up to 50,000 in Syria and 30,000 in Iraq) (SOHR est.)[20][21]
20,000–31,500 (CIA est.)[22]

Part of al-Qaeda (2004[23]–2014)[24]
Originated as Jama'at al-Tawhid wal-Jihad (1999–2004)
Al-Qaeda in Iraq (2004–2006)
Mujahideen Shura Council (2006)
Islamic State of Iraq (2006–2013)
Battles
and wars
Iraq War
Al Anbar campaign
Second Battle of Fallujah
Civil war in Iraq (2006–07)[citation needed]
Iraqi Insurgency
Operation al-Shabah
Al Anbar campaign (2013–2014)
Northern Iraq offensive (June 2014)
Northern Iraq offensive (August 2014)
Islamic State-United States conflict
2014 military intervention against ISIL
Sinjar massacre
Syrian Civil War
2013 Latakia offensive[25]
Syrian Kurdish–Islamist conflict[26]
Battle of Qalamoun[27]
Inter-rebel conflict in Syria
Battle of Aleppo
Deir ez-Zor clashes
Battle of Arsal

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Emerald53

Lol... The mainstream is talking like Isis is a completely different group. Don't try to obfuscate now.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   

My guess, is likely not. So, I don't even pay attention anymore to all those television stations you just typed in a reply. But, from my experience, for a whole lot of people, what is either on television, or the internet, is their "reality."

The news crises that happen all the time, especially since 24 hr. news stations came into existence, should probably be avoided, cognitively and otherwise. The other thing about that is that if this is just some kind of simulation, then there's a whole other world with its "real" political happenings, etc., and we don't get to see it, know about it, etc. But I'm pretty sure, one way or another, this isn't real.

Nevertheless, there's your thread, and it's not bad to discuss it, even if we come to that conclusion.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

OP, you haven't even begun to wipe the sleep from your eyes.
But once you've done that, reach up and turn on the light?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Hold the phone. Somebody that is enlightened is going to explain how bombs are really a form of radical idea suppression

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
There is only 1 country in the world that produces Toyota Tundra Trucks and only 1 Plant that produces the Off- Road Package and that would be Texas...

CIA Op - really yah think???

edit on 12-10-2014 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Keep in mind ISIS sacked Mosul, there would have been oodles of US equipment there that the US gave to the Iraqi Army.

Just because ISIS has the equipment and machinery that come from the west isn't significant.

whats significant is the fact that ISIS haven't taken the oilfields that the US run.

If we really were the great enemy, why do they allow us to leach of Iraqi oil still

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Okey:

U.S. Trained ISIS Forces At Secret Jordan Base

U.S. Trained ISIS Forces At Secret Jordan Base

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Actually, the lastest estimates are over 40,000 fighters. They have the money to pay for mercanaries. They also have 88 pounds of uranium so expect a dirty bomb in the future.

They are not BS, they are for real and they are advancing.

War against Isis: US strategy in tatters as militants march on

America's plans to fight Islamic State are in ruins as the militant group's fighters come close to capturing Kobani and have inflicted a heavy defeat on the Iraqi army west of Baghdad.

The US-led air attacks launched against Islamic State (also known as Isis) on 8 August in Iraq and 23 September in Syria have not worked. President Obama's plan to "degrade and destroy" Islamic State has not even begun to achieve success. In both Syria and Iraq, Isis is expanding its control rather than contracting.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   

A friend and I were talking last night, and we started talking about the world's inability to deal with the Isis "crisis." Now, you have to keep in mind, we are told that Isis is only made up of 3,000 to 5,000 combatants.
Anyway, as the conversation took form, we talked about how Assad and Syria can't seem to deal with them. The American funded "Free Syria" cannot seem to deal with them. America's drone strikes have done zero. Now, U.S government is saying war with Isis could take at LEAST 30 years!! Are you #ing kidding me!!??

And did they ever ask the Syrian government for permission to bomb their country?

ISIS is a enemy of convenience.

A convenience to bomb the crap out of Syria and to send it back to the stone age just like a number of other countries the surround that middle east country that never gets attacked by anyone.

Now, you have to keep in mind, we are told that Isis is only made up of 3,000 to 5,000 combatants.

who organised them
who sponsors them
where do they get their logistical support from
who gives them the logistical support they need to be as effective as we are told they are
where do they get their money from
who manages their finances
funny how drones and constant bombing missions in Syris are ineffective? ISIS sounds like all American hero's don't they?

A rag tag para millittree force like this does not spring out of nowhere over night, they were born of somebody

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: BABYBULL24

Saying the US trained ISIS forces is an outright lie.

They may have trained FSA forces who ended up joining ISIS but they didn't specifically train ISIS, and you know it.

Heres a much better source of information for your perusal, I urge you to read it all before dismissing it..

The War Between ISIS and al-Qaeda for supremacy of the Global Jihadist Movement

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join