It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Connecticut declared in state of ‘public health emergency,’ prepares for quarantine

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Having watched what has gone in Texas, and what the federal government has chosen to do, can you really blame the states from enacting these kinds of legislations?

The Ebola case in Texas was fully botched from the time the man went to the hospital, up until the day he died. They did not isolate the people the man came in contact with; they did not isolate the people he lived with. The state of Texas has not alienated any of the public fears of what all is going on. And now it appears as a second person has come down with this disease in the state of Texas, due to the mismanagement of such.

This is something that government cannot afford to mess with and with the federal government refusing to restrict/or ban travel to and from the affected countries, the local governments have to take action. And as draconian as it may seem, the only way to prevent a total diseaster, panic and chaos from a person with Ebola is to isolate them until they are clear and safe. And the same would go for anyone who may have come in contact with them.

Firestone, the company we all know very well. They make tires, and have plantations in West Africa. When this outbreak first started, they took actions at their plantation to protect the workers, and have reduced the risks to the workers, by isolating anyone who is sick and those who may have come in contact. They set up an isolation and quarantined area, and people who are suspected go to there and they start treatment immediately. They do not wait for the person to show signs, but take quick action, reducing the deaths and threat of passing it on to others. If that is what it takes to stop such, then maybe it is something that should be done.

The government needs to be proactive and ultimately have plans in place and never need them, or be caught off guard and ultimately having a worst problem.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
things just got more interesting now 9 states are reporting ebola cases

multiple private and trusted sources have confirmed a few events of great importance, including the bombshell that Ebola has been confirmed in 9 of 50 states in America, and that there has been a news blackout over this to prevent panic in the US. John Moore also tells us that sources, both military and civilian

allnewspipeline.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

I wouldn't be a bit surprised. First of all unless they're using the 1 hour test kits, how are they able to determine within hours that these results are negative? Are they simply releasing the preliminary results? Sometimes I think so. Good find, they lie and we die.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

1 hour kits for ebola when i go to my doc a test takes weeks and not one picture of a ebola patient anywhere to be seen

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I did read months ago that every state was to receive a 1 hour kit but I believe it was one per state. These cases are being ruled out nearly instantly compared to the time it takes for the kit to be secured, transported and then used, plus the wait for the results.

It's CYA and that allnewspipeline site may not look credible, but then again the MSM isn't and I'm more willing to believe anp than the MSM.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: vkey08

Stay safe in crazy-town young lady!

Always Beez, Always.... .....

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Take anything John Moore has to say with a HUGE HUGE grain of salt, for years he was pushing that we all had to move to central Missouri because Nibiru was going to hit, when that fizzled out he went on to other things, but you can be sure whenever there's a big story he will sensationalize it and make it into the worst case scenario for his show..

And of course the fact that his website has it's own store with , conveniently, everything he talks about working on it for sale, isn't suspect either...
edit on 9102014 by vkey08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I can both confirm and verify this statement.
This stance was taken as a precautionary measure
due to both Public outcry and the Seriousness of
this matter.

S&F

edit on 9-10-2014 by Wildmanimal because: typo

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
This is nothing more than Tuskeegee 2.0.

This is like a playbook from the original AIDS outbreak, coupled in with some Contagion, and a essence of The Strain.

If people in CT allow themselves to be put in martial law de facto, they deserve exactly what is coming down the pipe.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

It appears to be true...

Source

They are getting their ducks in a row. This Ebola outbreak is the perfect storm for martial law and the hostile take over of the United States.

What did you expect? You can't have the hired help revolting...right?

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I wonder how it would feel, to be consigned to quarantine, amidst confirmed carriers of Ebola. Sounds like a death sentence to me.

Think about it.

Done thinking? Ebola is a Class IV pathogen (deadliest s# known to man). Ever Googled how few Class IV facilities there are in America? Know how many of those facilities are outfitted with beds for patients?

If you get a few extra minutes, tool on down to your local hospital. Take a look around and see if there are any obvious preps in place for pathogen control. Things like a kiddie pool and a jug of clorox for example. Maybe you could ask a staff member taking a smoke break what recent training they've had if a patient were to present at their ER.

Last thoughts: The R nought is two. It doesn't lie. The numbers are going to double every 21 days (minimum). The US has already experienced one outbreak. As long as the borders are open to travelers, there will be more, and you can expect that rate to increase too ... so can the rest of the world.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wildmanimal

I can both confirm and verify this statement.
This stance was taken as a precautionary measure
due to both Public outcry and the Seriousness of
this matter.

S&F

What public outcry? Do you actually see Public outcry on the streets of Hartford? If so what street are you on? Windsor, Enfield, West Hartford, Manchester, Wallingford, Glastonbury, Waterbury, Norwich, Thompson... Have not heard ONE person outcrying that Malloy should have done this, in fact it's quite the opposite, people are confused and wondering why he did this and think it's some sort of "his poll numbers are dropping like a stone, so i need to take drastic measures" sort of dealie...

Maybe you should you go and talk to your neighbors rather than assuming the Hartford Courant is telling the truth..

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Going into a holiday weekend here in the usa.. however if this current panic ramps up we shall see a far bigger effect in world markets. The Dow dropped 300 Thursday. The Fed is on full alert and if more cases are found over this weekend stocks will fall hard again on Tuesday. Asian markets to overreact on Wed... This is a serious issue as Consumer Confidence is failing with the peoples confidence in their ability to handle this situation in the USA. Yes we could have a serious outbreak, Airline unions are bailing and workers in transportation and medical fields are bugging out already.

SO? Everyone calms down and gets to work.. And will someone please go to Maryland and wake up the Surgeon General and brief this fool on whats going on?

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Governor wiki does not read? epidemic en.m.wikipedia.org... is at least 15 of the 100,000 it certainly randomly each 6666 resident to 3.5 million residents of Connecticut epidemic threshold of 525,000 peoples
edit on 10/10/14 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I am starting to get a little worried about this, because yes, the government could try a nationwide lockdown thing. But I'm not going to panic. I think we should worry more if it lives through the winter. If it's cold enough people will isolate themselves inside. If not that many people are out rubbing shoulders with each other, the disease could die out.

Probably wishful thinking.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: vkey08

I did hear this about Mr Moore , being in the uk i do not know him but he sounds like a Alex Jones type of salesman , i just threw this out there for members in the states to sort out the wheat from the chaff

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: scattergun

Makes you wonder about the words of William [ bill ] Cooper about being alert at the times of a holiday when everyone is together and at home .

We do not have a surgeon general in this country the government rolls out this man www.abdn.ac.uk...
and that is a real good photo of him he looks evil normally and half dead and a expert on everything

begging everyone in the uk years ago to get the swine flu jab which made a lot of people very rich , now people are getting cancer that had those shots ?

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

OMG people don't fall for it.
It will not become a pandemic in western countries.
Even the guy who discovered it said so this morning.

I don't doubt that the guy was being serious when he said it either.

The problem isn't so much "ebola."

The problem is that (as seen in Dallas) carriers of the disease will intentionally circumvent controls and put hundreds at risk.
At the same time medical facilities miss opportunities to stop the proliferation of the disease.

The the thing that is more dangerous than the disease is the PEOPLE that are spreading it and failing to stop the spread.

People aren't really so much scared of ebola. They are scared of the other people who are spreading it all over the place.

Stupid is now lethal.

And you can't fix stupid.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
So the 200 healthcare professionals that lost their life were bathing in bodily fluids? I wish what you sted was true but unfortunately its incredibly easy to get...they are not even sure how long the virus stays alive on hard surfaces. Ebola in my opinion is worse than AIDS and unfortunately theres gonna be alot more deaths. We're not even taking the proper precautions to contain this virus...its sickening and frightening how this has been handled so far. Completely irresponsible
a reply to: Raxoxane

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I Know.I was being sarcastic.READ ALL MY POSTS on this thread-it's only 3 pages long,for heaven's sake.Or are you being dense on purpose? If after reading all my posts on this thread,you still don't understand that you and I are actually in AGREEMENT about how serious ebola is,and the protective measures +extraordinary caution it should be approached with,I have to deduct that you either have no concept of sarcasm-or you are being argumentative on purpose.a reply to: Luvablejade

edit on 10-10-2014 by Raxoxane because: typo

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join