It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Connecticut declared in state of ‘public health emergency,’ prepares for quarantine

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Can anyone in the area confirm this story

Governor Dannel Malloy has declared Connecticut to be in a state of public health emergency, enabling the indefinite suspension of certain civil rights. State bureaucrats have been granted the broad authority to forcibly detain suspected sick people without due process. The declaration came preemptively, as Connecticut has not yet seen a single case of the virus it purports to stop.

The governor’s October 7th declaration read as follows:

“In response to the epidemic of the Ebola virus currently affecting multiple countries in western Africa, and in order to provide the Commissioner of Public Health and other appropriate officials with all authorities necessary to prevent any potential transmission of the Ebola virus within the State of Connecticut, I hereby declare a public health emergency for the State, pursuant to the Connecticut General Statutes Section 19a-131a, for the duration of the epidemic. Specifically, in accordance with Connecticut General Statutes Section 19a-131b, I authorize the Commissioner of Public Health to Order the isolation or quarantine, under conditions prescribed by the Commissioner of Public Health, of any individual or group of individuals whom the Commissioner reasonably believes to have been exposed to, infected with, or otherwise at risk of passing the Ebola virus.”
– Governor Dannel P. Malloy, October 7, 2014

www.policestateusa.com...

The actions that authorities might want to “scramble” to use is the forcible quarantine of citizens — without charges or trial.

edit on Thu Oct 9 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

+15 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

It appears to be true...

Source

They are getting their ducks in a row. This Ebola outbreak is the perfect storm for martial law and the hostile take over of the United States.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I doubt it will take long for other states to follow suit.

Being as this is a CT site, what if Ebola got a strong enough foothold in the US to prevent the next presidential election?

The events of this decade makes it seem like we're in the middle of a tornado warning, but we don't know which direction it's going to come from....and there's no safe haven available.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

OMG people don't fall for it.
It will not become a pandemic in western countries.
Even the guy who discovered it said so this morning.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
glad i aint in the usa...however im not sure how the government will react where i am at haha..it could be worse

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

If people keep treating it like it's a cold sore it will. And thats a fact.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Here come the "pest houses" and "fever sheds"

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Are you willing to bet your life on that? I'm not being dramatic. I understand that we are in a much better position to handle outbreaks here in the states but I would not stake the safety of my family on "it's not going to get bad, stop worrying." It kills a large percentage of the people that get sick from it. Even 10 percent is a large number and enough to be aware, but the 50-70 percent I'm reading is definitely enough to be prepared and not be stupid about it. Panic? No, but being prepared is essential.

Back in early September when I told my husband about the outbreaks in Africa, he said he knew but wasn't even the slightest bit concerned that it would ever come to the states. "That's over there in Africa, what are you so worried about?" I wasn't worried but I wasn't wrong to keep an eye on it either because it's not just in Africa anymore.

Will it become pandemic? It's a wait and see game, but it's certainly not something to ignore.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CoherentlyConfused

Of course don't ignore it but western medicine has the structure in place to contain it, we have better sanitation better doctors and everything.
Blimey ATS remember bird flu? swine flu? you guys ignored all that but think ebola is the one to do us in.
Not gonna happen.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

LOL I do remember the swine flu panic and I was actually really worried about it. Then it came to the States and it just seemed to go away. I remember that and I actually did and still do have that in the back of my head, which is why I'm not freaking out.
Yet.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Yep,according to "reliable sources" and a lot of ATS members,you have to positively soak in the Ebola blood/faeces/vomit of victims to have even the remotest chance of gettiing the disease.But hey,that means if it Does become a pandemic,at least we will have Boatloads of volunteers to tend to the sick-without the expense of protective gear too.The good ol' human touch-bare hands of volunteers comfortingly holding the bare hands of victims.Whyever not? After all,it's almost impossible to catch ebola unless you lick their wounds and french kiss them for hours on end.Silly ol' fearmongering cowering me will pass though,but at least there will be hordes of volunteers not as uninformed and stupid as me.sa reply to: jaynkeel

edit on 9-10-2014 by Raxoxane because: typo

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

It appears to be true...

Source

They are getting their ducks in a row. This Ebola outbreak is the perfect storm for martial law and the hostile take over of the United States.

Yip all those plastic coffins and fema camps are not for nothing nothing like a little panic to set up some hostile action by the government .

Thank you to everyone who replied i had to go eat

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I live in Connecticut. As of now nobody I know has mentioned or heard of this going down. It's totally possible but nobody is making a big deal out of it. I am pleased to report that the sheeple of Connecticut are going about there mundane little lives as usual. I will be sure to keep everyone posted if the military starts marching down main street.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Geez, you don't see this kind of dedication with a bad flu bug killing a few thousand Americans a year. And don't give me the fatality rate line, because overall, Ebola is still a slow-moving molasses drop in the bucket compared to past flu strains.

If it becomes as fast moving as the flu, I'll worry. While it's still just a couple of isolated cases in the US, I'll not worry much about it. I have a feeling this won't last much longer at the slow crawl it's going at. One US fatality. Yeah, let's panic. Take notice, yes, panic is stupid at this point. Perhaps instead worry about the upcoming winter flu season, you're more likely to contract a bad strain of that and die from it than Ebola.
edit on 10/9/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

No hyperbole in THAT post, eh? Although no one with half a life could possibly read all the Ebola threads flying around ATS I don't recall anyone saying you 'positively have to bathe in it to get it'. On the flip side, there ARE lots of people that believe you can walk through an airport a week after an asymptomatic Ebola carrier passed through and you ARE going to get it. As usual, to many, everything is black-and-white while the truth lies somewhere in between.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Yeah BUT ebola is on a whole other level,compared to swine and bird flu.And if we have to go by how awesomely well just the Duncan case alone has been handled..let's just say I used to speak and think rather disparagingly of the South African health/medical department.I now feel I've been unfair-however inept they are,I can see the American medical sector and even the CDC are really on the same level,when push comes to shove.At least our asinine government has banned individuals from high-risk countries back in August already.Incomprehensible even to me-but if the Duncan case is anything to go by-i would rather takes mah chances with the South African medical services-and that does'nt say a lot,that says volumes on the scale of the Akashic records.a reply to: boymonkey74

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
We ARE NOT in a better position to handle this crisis!!!!! People who believe this are NAIVE!!! In my opinion first world nations especially the US are in a worse position because of how our society is so closely connected via air travel, public spaces, etc. Look at NFL season!!!!! Millions of Americans crammed into sports arenas!!!!

We have the best healthcare in the world and patients in the US have a much better chance of survival BUT that is with low incidence!!!! One or two people admitted on a sporadic basis! The minute this thing gets going what are we going to do? You think our sick care system can handle hundreds of people flocking to our ERs en masse? Most ERs are the most inefficient and busiest parts of a hospital. I'm in a L2 trauma center in Orange County and I can matter of factly say we can safely handle a few Ebola patients but more than that and game over! The utter lack of preparedness so far by our administration is laughable if it wasn't so scary!

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Yep, here it comes. Batten down the hatches and get your beans on the stove. This could be a real turning point. I have to say though that he may be doing this because Obama isn't doing much to protect the people. It could be a good thing. One can always hope

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Sarcasm-if you don't know what that means-google is your friend.And yes,I have been reading just about every ebola thread posted on this site since the outbreak began,for a personal reason.

If by "anyone with half a life" you mean to imply I'm some kind of loser who spend all my time on the net-i have a wonderful life out in the African Bush.No rat race in filthy cities for me,no slaving for money to buy lotsa "stuff" to fill a void in my soul,just all day to do as I please-because I chose a solitary life out in nature,and all my time with my children,my animals ,my hobbies,including reading ATS and nature.So you can keep your exciting event-filled life-i am more than satisfied with mine,thank you very much.

And yes,a lot of members Do seem to have the opinion that it is so difficult to catch,you practically have to Work at it.a reply to: jtma508

edit on 9-10-2014 by Raxoxane because: added

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Exactly i can remember all the hype about bird flu and swine flu and all the headless chickens running about begging to get a shot or take tammiflu tablets .

wasted 10s of millions and guess who owned shares in those companies - all the top dogs
But the big panic over a few deaths versus 30.000 every year of normal flu but one thing i did notice since then all those idiots who got the shots back then are dropping like flies

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join