It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman: ‘At least 10 ISIS fighters’ caught trying to cross into US {{ UPDATE }} JW Confirms

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

A Republican congressman claimed Tuesday that "at least 10" Islamic State "fighters" have been caught trying to cross the U.S.-Mexico border into Texas, though an administration official denied it.

Rep. Duncan Hunter, R-Calif., said he learned the information from the Border Patrol, warning that the alleged attempts to cross into the U.S. raise serious security concerns.

"ISIS is coming across the southern border," he told Fox News. "They aren't flying B1 bombers bombing American cities, but they are going to be bombing American cities coming across from Mexico."

Hunter continued: "I know that at least 10 ISIS fighters have been caught coming across the Mexican border in Texas."

He claimed Border Patrol "caught them,"

Congressman: ‘At least 10 ISIS fighters’ caught trying to cross into US

He claimed Border Patrol "caught them," but "you know there's going to be dozens more that did not get caught by the Border Patrol."

I used to work for ICE... Nothing flashy, just a desk jockey... but I remember a lot figures that flew around...

one figure said the more than 70% of all illegals never get caught.
or you could say 7 out of 10 illegal crossings are successful.

so if they caught 10 of these guys... makes you wonder just how many more made it unhampered.

"The suggestion that individuals who have ties to ISIL have been apprehended at the Southwest border is categorically false, and not supported by any credible intelligence or the facts on the ground," a senior DHS spokesman said. "DHS continues to have no credible intelligence to suggest terrorist organizations are actively plotting to cross the southwest border."

But Hunter spokesman Joe Kasper said the information -- that about 10 individuals with "known ISIS affiliations" -- came from a "high-level source within the Border Patrol."

so what's really going on here? DHS says didn't happen but this Congressmen say's it did?
gotta wonder just who's telling the truth here?

UPDATEJW Confirms: 4 ISIS Terrorists Arrested in Texas in Last 36 Hours

Islamic terrorists have entered the United States through the Mexican border and Homeland Security sources tell Judicial Watch that four have been apprehended in the last 36 hours by federal authorities and the Texas Department of Public Safety in McAllen and Pharr.

JW confirmed this after California Congressman Duncan Hunter, a former Marine Corp Major and member of the House Armed Services Committee, disclosed on national television that at least ten Islamic State of Iraq and Greater Syria (ISIS) fighters have been caught crossing the Mexican border in Texas. The veteran lawmaker got the astounding intel straight from U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), the Homeland Security agency responsible for guarding the 1,933-mile southern border.

edit on 9-10-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

At first I was rather surprised that this thread was just going up. But its no surprise really considering how depressing the subject is.

Take this story in consideration with another. That HLS sent a rep to a Oklahoma City Masque dedication the other day, apparently to hold hands. Same group the american head lopper belongs to. Not only that but the same town that witnessed the first major bombing connection with middle east terrorists, in association with american radicals, on american soil.

Try to have a great day everyone.

edit on 9-10-2014 by Logarock because: n

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Not so odd the timing... after all it was just this morning we got the news about ISIS want-a-be's in Canada

Intelligence officials say that Canadian authorities are monitoring "hundreds of people" in Canada who have either gone to Syria to link up with ISIS and other Islamist groups and returned, or who have tried and failed to make the trip. The unknowns, those inspired by ISIS but as yet on no radar, add to the worry, helping to make this what U.S. and Canadian officials have said is the most dangerous time since 9/11 for a domestic terror attack.

NBC

so if their up north why is it so hard to believe their in Mexico too?

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I'm not sure what to make of these storys.

Either they are fabricated to justify the war or Isis is such an innefectual organisation that they decided to come into other countries AFTER they put them on a high alert and were activley looking for Isis terrorists.

If its the latter then we do not have as much to worry about.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Like you I'm not sure who's telling the truth and who's lying ???

of course we are talking about politicians here and if there lips are moving....

If the congressman is lying then there might be a clue to why lie in the very last paragraph of the story.

Further, he warned that executive orders being contemplated by President Obama would "legalize visa overstays" and raise "the threat level to America even higher." He said there is "no doubt" many are already being "targeted for radicalization."

It could be he lied to bring notice to Obama's policy change...? but how you could tie that together with ISIS making illegal border crossings is beyond me...

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Its not hard to believe. Who said that? Anyway that the sad thing.

I think I will go play Call of Duty. LOL

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

so what's really going on here? DHS says didn't happen but this Congressmen say's it did? gotta wonder just who's telling the truth here?

The border patrol also says it didn't happen.

Border Patrol and Homeland Security sources also told Fox News that they have not been able to substantiate Hunter's claim. They said between Sept. 23 and Oct. 6, only five illegal immigrants from "special interest" countries were arrested at the Texas border -- and they were from Bangladesh.

It looks like the Congressman is just trying to get some face time in the media by screaming we need to be scared about ISIS.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Dude...!
ISIS Ebola government conspiracies...Now is not the time for Call of Duty...
you should be playing
Metal Gear Solid 5 instead !

edit on 9-10-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I don't believe it for one New York second.....
The news is 90 % plus disinformation, advertising, and social programming.
The psychological manipulation is rampant everywhere......
We would all be better off if we stopped listening and just did our own thing.....
The government is totally concerned with keeping its power over the citizens even if they have to blow a few up now and then to keep them in fear........
And we are falling hook line and sinker for the crap.....
ISIS this and ISIS that.....
They are our secret army for heavens sake.....
Its ALL STAGED for the nightly news, and run by the same faceless people.....

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
There is a extreme right wing organastion in the uk called britain first. They are putting up stuff on facebook claiming that isis are planning to contract ebola and then come to england and touth as many people as possible.

I wish I was making this up.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Who's telling the truth here? We'll never know until its too late. This congressman doesn't strike me as the sharpest knife in the drawer and of course the Federal agencies will deny it. Because of logistical problems, I'd have expected ISIS operatives would come into the US via Canada. I rather doubt however, that ISIS, ISIL, IS, (whatever) is focused at the moment on North American operations. They've got their hands full at the moment consolidating their territorial gains in Syria and Iraq. Of far greater importance to IS at the moment would be taking advantage of their seizure of Abu Ghraib in Iraq which puts them in range to launch artillery barrages into the Baghdad airport which is the only evacuation route out for US American Embassy personnel. Heard today from another source that Shia militia groups in Baghdad are fleeing the city via southern land routes to Basra.

If IS takes Baghdad...I dunno what happens next.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
There's and Update guys
JW Confirms: 4 ISIS Terrorists Arrested in Texas in Last 36 Hours

the last paragraph was very interesting...

However, military experts told JW that the increase in security indicates that Ft. Bliss is a target. Military installations in the U.S. only make changes to security measures when there are clear and present threats, according to retired Army Lt. Gen. Jerry Boykin, former commander of the Army’s elite Delta Force who also served four years as Deputy Undersecretary of Defense for Intelligence. “That means they’re getting a threat stream. Ft. Bliss had to have a clear and present threat,” Boykin said. Following that news, federal law enforcement sources in El Paso revealed that U.S. Congressman Beto O’Rourke telephoned the area offices of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) and the U.S. Border Patrol (USBP) in an effort to identify—and evidently intimidate—sources that may have been used by JW to break the ISIS in Juarez story.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Border Patrol and Homeland Security sources also told Fox News that they have not been able to substantiate Hunter's claim. They said between Sept. 23 and Oct. 6, only five illegal immigrants from "special interest" countries were arrested at the Texas border -- and they were from Bangladesh.

Oh sure like the BPs official spokesman isn't a tool for HLS. Oh no they are completely free from politics and tooldom.

And....and....like ISIS operators are going to have their papers in order all strait up and shizzel. "Yea I'm from ISIL what of it.....and here is my ISIL passport". LOL

And listen to the guys talking about "special interest countries" like this is some cheep Oliver Stone flick or something. Like the ISIL guys wouldnt know what would set off alarm bells.

Maybe the 10 guys were not from "special interest countries" so the BP spokesman would be technically off the hook and correct even if full of swasal.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Oh sure like the BPs official spokesman isn't a tool for HLS. Oh no they are completely free from politics and tooldom.

And....and....like ISIS operators are going to have their papers in order all strait up and shizzel. "Yea I'm from ISIL what of it.....and here is my ISIL passport". LOL

And listen to the guys talking about "special interest countries" like this is some cheep Oliver Stone flick or something. Like the ISIL guys wouldnt know what would set off alarm bells.

Maybe the 10 guys were not from "special interest countries" so the BP spokesman would be technically off the hook and correct even if full of swasal.

Let's see some names of these people that gave the Congressman his information. Let's see some actual proof of what he is saying is true. Had the BP actually caught these guys then it would be on every news station. Until then this Congressman is doing nothing but to help spread fear.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Yea I am all for that. If these guys are going to let it out they need to let it all hang out.

edit on 9-10-2014 by Logarock because: n

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

"DHS continues to have no credible intelligence to suggest terrorist organizations are actively plotting to cross the southwest border."

Statements like this are just plain ignorant. 'Plotting'? Please, they're already in this country making plans for an attack and anyone that doesn't believe that is delusional. Getting into this country is the least of their problems. I keep hearing the media/alphabet agencies say that have no proof of anyone planning an attack and it's absolute BS. Across the globe on any given day I can guarantee there are hundreds if not thousands of pissed off people gathering and thinking of ways to bring the US and it's allies to it's knees. I think you can pretty much take that to the bank.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Its not hard to believe. Who said that? Anyway that the sad thing.

I think I will go play Call of Duty. LOL

Nope,not hard to believe at all, totally expected, ten caught thousands already here.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
They've probably been crossing for weeks.

All of them are gathering in different cities/towns, and waiting.

Waiting for the orders to activate.

We caught some from a sleeper-cell. I shudder to think of how many we haven't caught, and what their plans are.

Have a plan, be ready.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Don't believe anything Judicial Watch publishes unless it can be confirmed by another credible source.

They cannot be trusted.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Two thoughts:

- if they are here to attack civilians, they are picking the wrong states to come through. Texans, especially along the borders, tend to be exceptionally well armed. It may be a big hit to morale, but it would be a very short lived attack, and quite possibly not successful.

- if they are aiming for Uncle Sam....that's his problem. I didn't ask him to go pissing off the whole world, actually supporting the opposite. I asked him to close the border and bring troops home. Like most other American's. Im not going to start supporting him now just because I don't particularly care for his enemy du jour.

Its all coming home to roost now. I would like to see it as a wake up call for American's to actually get engaged in our foreign policy, and try to repair our reputation as the overgrown bully of the world. I suspect, however, that we will just see more shock and awe.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join