It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola, inside information

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Here's how you'll know they're taking it seriously:

EVERY HOSPITAL will have, at the outside of the ER door, a person dressed in full biocontainment gear with a clipboard, stopping everyone from entering unless they're in full heart attack or bleeding out mode and asking questions about symptoms, recent travel, and possible exposures, along with taking temps. Anyone answering in the affirmative to Ebola/flu type symptoms or recent travel will be directed to AN OUTDOOR TENT for further processing, again by people in full blown containment gear.

No 'visitors' of any kind will be allowed inside the hospital except parents with minor children as the patients.

Until they do that, the question about how soon is someone contagious and with what vague symptoms will be the elephant in the waiting room, exposing everyone nearby (and their families, friends and coworkers) with godknowswhat, all of it being managed at first intake by an individual ER clerk with little more education than a high school degree.

Good luck with that.

+17 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustMike
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Thanks for posting.

Just making sure I read that right: the relative is a nurse, but is also a patient?

Oh, and please check your messages. Thanks.

Yes, this is correct.

Thank you, to those of you coming to my support.

I have provided the staff with requested information and trust them to decide what they will and will abide by any decision reached.

All I want is for everyone in the world to respect this virus for what it has shown us it can do.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

All I want is for everyone in the world to respect this virus for what it has shown us it can do.

Been following Ebola news since the 90's and have the opinion in every instance that Ebola should be treated in a worst case manner at every turn. The latest outbreak seems to show somewhat arrogant attitude by some of the medical and government establishment involved. I believe we've been lied to both with purpose and omission by both and there's plenty of proof of that in the many Ebola related threads here on ATS to back that statement up.

If its panic suppression that was/is the motivator I say get it over with so the truth can be dealt with pronto. As it is when the truth is finally out this poster thinks panic will be worse due to the fact one cannot believe proclamations from authorities even if truthful at some point down the road.

I put more faith right now in anecdotal information gleaned from insiders leaking out even if source vetting cannot always be done than I do from official sources which are agenda driven.

I've seen many anecdotal sources get it right over time as information is trickled out to us by a compliant media.

Keep it coming!

edit on 8-10-2014 by Phoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
If this pans out as true, this will make the threat a lot more of a problem as people can be out and about spreading this virus without the most evident symptoms present initially. This actually makes a lot of sense.

I know that there is more to this virus than they are letting us know. Otherwise it would not be such a big issue. It is either something like this or they are trying to incite fear in people with all the hype. I have the funny feeling it is more of a problem than they are letting out. A lot of talk can be happening by nurses in hospitals because they do spread rumors around occasionally....well, actually they are doing this quite a bit. I know a lot of women that are nurses and they are constantly talking amongst each other. But looking at the whole picture it is possible that this could be true.

I'm going to keep an eye on this to see if something does come out of this. I am not going to discount the possibility.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Can you explain to me how your 'friend of a friend' can only speak through proxies? Do they have something to fear?

You need to help us understand why you can't tell us what they know- one can't dangle an empty honey pot and expect the bear to keep swiping at it.

edit on 8-10-2014 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I love your posts and respect you by them. I will hold off on star on flag for a bit, and see how this goes, I'll just subscribe and follow.

Personally though, I would not doubt this a bit.

And thank you for bringing it here, no matter where they put it.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

It is this person's opinion that the virus is, and has been, transmissible prior to onset of symptoms.

That is the bigges lie we are being told.

Add another item to the things they-don't-know or we-aren't-being-told list: That is may be transmissible after "cure" or "recovery."

And I still think Duncan was a cover-up for someone (read that as someone who was brought here intentionally with it) spreading the disease.
edit on 10/8/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I too was puzzled by the Dallas patient's death being reported by Israel a day or so ago. I wonder if the delay reporting his death in the U.S. media had something to do with this strange side-story about "blood transfers" from survivors. That might account for the delay, in order to get survivor blood to him - or from him to another patient:

news.yahoo.com...
(9/4/14) COULD BLOOD FROM EBOLA SURVIVORS HELP PATIENTS?
"Some scientists think antibodies in the blood of Ebola survivors could help patients infected with the deadly disease. Antibodies are produced by the body's immune system to fight off harmful things like viruses; they remain in the blood ready to fight off any future infections by the same foreign substance.

"Piot said it is vital to find out if the blood treatment is effective. "I hope this is the last Ebola outbreak where all we have is isolation, quarantine and supportive care to treat patients," he said. Experts say blood from survivors could be collected and processed for multiple patients, or a survivor could donate blood to an individual patient. Both methods require screening the blood for diseases like HIV or malaria.

"While direct donation would be easier, the levels of Ebola-fighting antibodies produced by a survivor can vary. Ideally, experts said, the amount of antibodies should be measured."

(NOTE: Then again, per another discussion running on ATS, maybe they were double-checking that he did have Ebola - and not the weaponized Marburg virus.)
edit on 8-10-2014 by MKMoniker because: add content

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

The information posted is the gleanings of phone conversations over the last couple of days.

As the person on the other end of the conversation is in a room, often times they will be attended by medical staff so a conversation will be cut short and not able to be picked up for a bit.

And there is the fact that this person does not want to endanger their ability to gather information that might not be let slip if it were known to be floated out.

The staff is satisfied with me response to their request and I did receive applause for the thread.

All that said, this is hearsay, thus my posting this in the grey area.

I will add a version of ikonoklast's disclaimer:

Please do not do anything you might regret based on this thread. Hopefully efforts to contain, quarantine, treat, prevent, or cure Ebola will eventually be successful, and hopefully sooner rather than later.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Add another item to the things they-don't-know or we-aren't-being-told list: That is may be transmissible after "cure" or "recovery."

And I still think Duncan was a cover-up for someone (read that as someone who was brought here intentionally with it) spreading the disease.

Yes, it may be transmissible after recovery. That's already been confirmed by MSF (Doctors Without Borders) and they have an article about it. Liberia: The boy who tricked ebola

He was being treated for Ebola, seemed to recover, got tested again and still showed positive. So they tested him again. Yes, still showing positive. But he seemed fine. So they had to keep him isolated for days, even though to a casual observer, he wasn't sick.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
how deadly?

Ebola virus (EBOV, formerly designated Zaire ebolavirus) is the most dangerous of the five known viruses within the genusEbolavirus.[1]

research;

Abstract
Filoviruses are enveloped, nonsegmented negative-stranded RNA viruses. The two species, Marburg and Ebola virus, are serologically, biochemically, and genetically distinct. Marburg virus was first isolated during an outbreak in Europe in 1967, and Ebola virus emerged in 1976 as the causative agent of two simultaneous outbreaks in southern Sudan and northern Zaire. Although the main route of infection is known to be person-to-person transmission by intimate contact, the natural reservoir for filoviruses still remains a mystery.

development;

Abstract
The Ebola filoviruses are aggressive pathogens that cause severe and often lethal hemorrhagic fever syndromes in humans and nonhuman primates. To date, no effective therapies have been identified. To analyze the entry and fusion properties of Ebola virus, we adapted a human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) virion-based fusion assay by substituting Ebola virus glycoprotein (GP) for the HIV-1 envelope. Fusion was detected by cleavage of the fluorogenic substrate CCF2 by beta-lactamase-Vpr incorporated into virions and released as a result of virion fusion. Entry and fusion induced by the Ebola virus GP occurred with much slower kinetics than with vesicular stomatitis virus G protein (VSV-G) and were blocked by depletion of membrane cholesterol and by inhibition of vesicular acidification with bafilomycin A1. These properties confirmed earlier studies and validated the assay for exploring other properties of Ebola virus GP-mediated entry and fusion. Entry and fusion of Ebola virus GP pseudotypes, but not VSV-G or HIV-1 Env pseudotypes, were impaired in the presence of the microtubule-disrupting agent nocodazole but were enhanced in the presence of the microtubule-stabilizing agent paclitaxel (Taxol). Agents that impaired microfilament function, including cytochalasin B, cytochalasin D, latrunculin A, and jasplakinolide, also inhibited Ebola virus GP-mediated entry and fusion. Together, these findings suggest that both microtubules and microfilaments may play a role in the effective trafficking of vesicles containing Ebola virions from the cell surface to the appropriate acidified vesicular compartment where fusion occurs. In terms of Ebola virus GP-mediated entry and fusion to various target cells, primary macrophages proved highly sensitive, while monocytes from the same donors displayed greatly reduced levels of entry and fusion. We further observed that tumor necrosis factor alpha, which is released by Ebola virus-infected monocytes/macrophages, enhanced Ebola virus GP-mediated entry and fusion to human umbilical vein endothelial cells. Thus, Ebola virus infection of one target cell may induce biological changes that facilitate infection of secondary target cells that play a key role in filovirus pathogenesis. Finally, these studies indicate that pseudotyping in the HIV-1 virion-based fusion assay may be a valuable approach to the study of entry and fusion properties mediated through the envelopes of other viral pathogens.

Why would I highlight the word trafficking? Why would these authors use such a word?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

It is this person's opinion that the virus is, and has been, transmissible prior to onset of symptoms.

That is the bigges lie we are being told.

Actually is well known - particularly via semen and breast milk. Also, the virus seems to sequester in other organs, maybe joints and is known to cause long term chronic illness like arthritis for example.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Thanks for doing this.

Am hoping other people might have inside sources too and also post their info here.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Spreading without symptoms, dunno. Cells have to explode before the virus can even leave the cell. Might be sorta hard for the body to not feel that.

No symptoms: no coughing, no throwing up, no sweating from fever, harder to transmit. And added to that, the viral concentration would be far lower.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Ok I am here, now that we have come close to the end of the other thread, I was looking for a new ongoing home to share information on this global crisis.
Read where soficrow had suggested to someone one of your ongoing threads.

So off to read and now with ease to find my back after having posted.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
With regard to the common cold virus, you are far more contagious prior to feeling symptoms than you are once you have begun feeling those symptoms as the symptoms are the a sign that the immune system has begun fighting. I am not saying this is necessarily the case with Ebola, but saying this is a possibility with viruses. a reply to: Turq1

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow

Thanks for doing this.

Am hoping other people might have inside sources too and also post their info here.

I know a doctor who works for CDC (14 yr friend) and when Ebola first hit news in big way (June) and claims were made that transmissibility was only by body fluid I asked pertinent questions about latent surface transmission/longevity and airborne droplet transmission as means of infection I was answered with an affirmative for those paths.

Btw, that Doctor has made many trips to Africa over the years and knows what they are talking about. Since that conversation I have scoffed at the official line put out to the public.

edit on 8-10-2014 by Phoenix because: add info

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Makes sense with the timing of Israels announcement, and then full Life Support news. How long did they plan to keep him artificially alive? I think that they placed him into a coma at the time his Mother was called in to keep him in what they deemed critical yet stable condition.

As far as information black out that had a part in this too I bet as they did not have the complete cover story updated.

edit on pm1031pmWed, 08 Oct 2014 13:44:27 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

You are most welcome!

It is my sincere belief that it is going be leaks of this nature and the discernment of the members of this forum which will allow us to cut through epic NLBS, that we will need in order to survive.

It was a member here that pointed out this was the first time that the CDC had sent a team probably meant that this was a confirmed case.

It was a post here that pointed out that the CDCs first action was an attempt to block reporting of the results rather than reporting the results.

The Israeli report made it here as well.

ATS has value, and I hope to add to that.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
So is he dead or alive?

I know it's a bit irrelevant at this point (not in the sense of disrespecting the person) because Ebola is Ebola but i'm still wondering.
edit on 8-10-2014 by Eagleyedobserver because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join