It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas Ebola Patient Thomas Duncan Has Died - confirmed by multiple media sources

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: Khaleesi

a reply to: ArmyOfNobunaga

im more upset by the idea that no one cared until an american died on american soil from this illness. people have been dying for weeks now over in africa and no one threw a fit until it came here.

Duncan was not American. He was a Liberia national. I have looked and everything I can find says he was not an American citizen. Yes, he died here but he was Liberian and he came here knowing that he had been in contact with Ebola. He was afraid and came here hoping the health care here would save him. People do care but what this man did was selfish. He exposed more people to Ebola in an effort to save himself.

im having hard time discerning whether you are being apathetic or coldly tactical.

She's telling the truth. This man lived and worked in Liberia. He had a steady job with the FedEx affiliate there ... right up until he helped his neighbors infected pregnant daughter to the hospital and got exposed.

Then all of a sudden he develops such a hankering for a life of freedom in America and his ex-girlfriend and estranged son that he quits his job without a word to anyone and lies on his medical exit forms to move heaven and earth to get to Dallas, TX, and American health ca ... er, his girlfriend and son?
edit on 8-10-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
This guy was going to die no matter what.
If he had of lived, you'd have thousands of infected west Africans coming to the US for treatment.

poor guy was probably a guinea pig for all we know.

well, he wasn't given any experimental drug until a week later, so I agree with you.....my question is why would the federal government send a black west African man infected with Ebola to Texas. that's like sending a gay white American to a hospital in Iran. you hope for the best outcome, but, you're not sure of how well he will be treated.

You think that his race played a part in his quality of care? Are you really that ignorant?

The people who are making this about race should be ashamed of themselves.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

My husband deals with government regulations on a daily basis at his job. He can see it all at work in this. They're running the rulebooks for laboratory biological as if this were a contained situation. When he moves bio samples, it can take upwards of six months just to move samples by truck that pose no threat to anybody in their present form because in another form, they might.

They're handling this exactly the same ... each one is passing it up the line until some petty bureaucrat will sign off. No one wants to be responsible or have their name on the dotted line. It's full-on CYA. They're more concerned about their own careers than public health and safety, and it's obvious they don't believe it will actually touch them, only others, and who cares about those people?

Basically, it needs one person to stand and say "F" the red tape to get things done.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Interesting...Louise just gave a written, as opposed to verbal, statement about Duncan's death.
Live CNN: source

edit on 8-10-2014 by drwill because: source

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Duncan might have had the wrong blood type for one thing, and he might have been too far gone, too.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeorgiaGirl

a reply to: ArmyOfNobunaga

im more upset by the idea that no one cared until an american died on american soil from this illness. people have been dying for weeks now over in africa and no one threw a fit until it came here.

Wrong. For example, the Christian organization Samaritan's Purse is in Africa, with volunteers risking their LIVES to help stop the outbreak. The doctor who was infected and came to Atlanta for treatment worked with them.

Of course, those are evil Christians, right??? So what do they matter? [sarcasm]

lets not make this a religious debate, so stick that carrot back in the garden thank you.

Oh, we can't make it religious, but you're perfectly OK to make it racial? I think not. Let's put all our carrots back in the ground now.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: daaskapital

The production methods used to manufacture ZMapp were funded by Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency.[9]

Thats DARPA

Anyone really surprised they arent making enough for everyone?

The supplies they have on hand are most likely reserved for those shills on capitol hill.

And their families.

And to answer not surprised in the least.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Having followed this with interest, the following can be stated:

The first thing to remember is this man did knowingly come in contact with people who were infected with Ebola. He lied to leave the country and travel to the USA. That is criminal, it is criminal as he knew he had contact with a person who was showing symptoms and left the country and then traveled to the USA. Then he shows up here.
Something tells me that he was not exactly forth coming with answers at the hospital, and the hospital was not exactly on the ball to put 2 and 2 together, and thinking that he may have been infected with Ebola. The problem is that with Ebola, is that the initial symptoms, and resembles the flu. Do you think we should quarantine anyone with the flu, or any number of illnesses, where they have fevers, or vomiting, or diarrhea?

The problem is that they need a quick test, something that they can quickly run and find out yes or no, that is the only real way to be sure and then quarantine anyone who is suspected of having such and then get them on as much treatment as early as possible. But it also means that the person needs to be absolutely honest and upfront when going to the hospital or dealing with medical persons. The ones who I am feeling sorry for will be the children who were in the same home as this man, they are the ones who are going to suffer for this, not him, not his girlfriend, but them.

The saddest part of this all, is that there is another person who they think has come down with Ebola in the area, who had contact with that person. If it is that case, then people are going to start to panic in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, where people will start to hoard items and not want to go out, or send their children to school, even starting to avoid the ER and hospitals for fear of catching this.

The other aspect about this, is that this was badly handled from the first part, and hopefully it will get to where they can get it under control before it gets worse and get their act together.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Some interesting bits in this article from a local Dallas news station. They claim he "fell ill several days after arriving in the US." TOTAL BS.

He went from alive to dead within 18 days of setting foot here. If the incubation period is UP TO 21 days, then I would bet he was having prodromal symptoms AND contagious when he LEFT Liberia!

Prodrome Definition

He rode in the squad on 9/28... Heck he was even seen and released by another ER in the Dallas area!!!

Local Dallas News Article About Thomas Duncan's Ebola Death...

WHAT'S UP with one of those final sentences in the article "the Dallas Medical Examiner will not be receiving Duncan's body...."

Where's he going then????
edit on 8-10-2014 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
oops pre edit---wrong thread

I had a different post planned for here

____
____

I like how the 'main issue is over'

his death was also said to have occurred earlier in isreal
the sad fact is if this new case in Frisco is true

where is the family ?

Also is the girl friend and the family going to face charges
edit on Wed, 08 Oct 2014 16:07:24 -050007p2014-10-08T16:07:24-05:0020141031Wed, 08 Oct 2014 16:07:24 -05002014Wednesday by ripcontrol because: (no reason given)

Listening..

Jacksons appearance with the family .. to keep them quiet

edit on Wed, 08 Oct 2014 16:08:52 -050008p2014-10-08T16:08:52-05:0020141031Wed, 08 Oct 2014 16:08:52 -05002014Wednesday by ripcontrol because: wrong thread

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

You can tell how incompetent the whole system is when you look at pictures of people hosing off the sidewalk with no protection. People going into Duncan’s residence without any protective clothing. This virus is going global do to the incompetence of the system.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The fake news article killed him just like robin williams. It is the power of words.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Jesse Jackson is worse than the stereotypical lawyer chasing an ambulance. He's a racist inducing plague on humanity. He preaches everything just to incite political turmoil and violence. I very much hate people that do things like that for pure personal monetary gain.

There's been multiple people turned away at hospitals of all races for much smaller ailments, but non the less they were turned away for something small, I don't see people up in arms for them. Main stream media will spread this death like racist poison.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: NiZZiM

I think Jesse and Al Sharpton should immediately go on a fact-finding tour in west Africa, making sure to walk among the people like true community organizers.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join