It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas Ebola Patient Thomas Duncan Has Died - confirmed by multiple media sources

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Note he passed away this morning at 7:51 am - but before they announced his death - they made sure to announce new screening protocols in place at U.S. airports for incoming flights.

Very controlled info that we are being told. Add to it that we really don't know anything about the whereabouts or condition of his family members who were exposed.

LOTS of questions...

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

The production methods used to manufacture ZMapp were funded by Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency.[9]

Thats DARPA

Anyone really surprised they arent making enough for everyone?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
This guy was going to die no matter what.

Not true.

British nurse William Pooley was treated in London and survived.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack
Hi Kosmic, in haste to post, you may have done a typo on Duncan's name, you have Duncun? May he rest in peace, he appears to have been a genuine good human who tried to help another and ended up in the fight of his life to which he could not overcome. I do not think he would have ever purposely come to the US knowing the chaos that has ensued.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Thanks for the news Kosmicjack, this in no way for people to start panicking,

Remember he caught the disease directly from an infected area

He also didn't received any trial serum or treatment for ebola until he was already too advance into the disease, he just received the newest antiviral on Monday as the successful ZMapp has run dry.

I personally knew that without prompt treatment he would no have make it.

I am concern about this turn on events. YES

I am worry, NO

I guess it proves that ZMapp given in a prompt manner after infection works best.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
if he had been a major basketball star he might have survived.
edit on 8-10-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Not true.

British nurse William Pooley was treated in London and survived.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Yes, a British citizen who was helping in West Africa survived, Much the same way the US doctors survived after being flown home.
This was more a case of a country taking care of its own.

This is a polar opposite of what has occurred here.

Duncan was a Liberia national who caught the disease then ran to America.
He was not going to be allowed to survive and set a precedent for Africans who are wanting treatment.

edit on am1057318082014-10-08T10:57:06-05:00102014p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
So, if word gets back to Africa, the people who already carry great mistrust for Western doctors will now have greater reason not to trust. Could we see more people refusing to seek treatment thus aiding to the spread in W. Africa? Could we see a revolt against the military personnel that are being sent over? I suppose anything is possible—just a matter of what they want to happen.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I tend to the same opinion and suspect that he actually died on Sunday as that Israeli source originally reported (then changed their story). Or at least, he was basically only being kept alive by machines.

Frankly, once he got sent home after his first hospital visit his odds of survival went down quite a lot. He got sicker and sicker for another two full days before he was finally admitted and real treatment began. By that time he'd been showing symptoms for several days (as he didn't go to hospital as soon as he began feeling sick). This disease wreaks such havoc in the body that I am amazed he hung on for as long as he allegedly did.

All else I can say in his case is Rest in Peace. And hope that none of his contacts comes down with the same illness.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: daaskapital

The production methods used to manufacture ZMapp were funded by Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency.[9]

Thats DARPA

Anyone really surprised they arent making enough for everyone?

No, given what you have to do to make it.

Z-MAPP is very experimental. It takes months to "grow" the antibody in plants, then you've got to extract and purify it.

eta: BTW, "DARPA" doesn't make much of anything. They fund experimental technology. DARPA doesn't make Z-MAPP.
edit on 8-10-2014 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Note he passed away this morning at 7:51 am - but before they announced his death - they made sure to announce new screening protocols in place at U.S. airports for incoming flights.

Very controlled info that we are being told. Add to it that we really don't know anything about the whereabouts or condition of his family members who were exposed.

LOTS of questions...

Hippo in the room called hipaa.

Hospitals cannot willy nilly release news of deaths. Families have to sign off first. Im sure Duncans family apologizes to everyone for not releasing news of his death sooner.

There is no control of information. ITs the absolute lack of control that has created a state of ignorance within the general population.

edit on 8-10-2014 by ArmyOfNobunaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ArmyOfNobunaga

im more upset by the idea that no one cared until an american died on american soil from this illness. people have been dying for weeks now over in africa and no one threw a fit until it came here.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

im more upset by the idea that no one cared until an american died on american soil from this illness. people have been dying for weeks now over in africa and no one threw a fit until it came here.

Pretty darn good point. It upsets me too

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
What's so unconscionable about this disease and so heart-breaking for this family is that they could not be there for Thomas Duncan or comfort each other with a hug - the risk is so huge.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

If he had of lived, you'd have thousands of infected west Africans coming to the US for treatment.

poor guy was probably a guinea pig for all we know.

An interesting take on the situation. I wonder if "someone" or "someones" intentionally denied the best care for him to dissuade West Africans from believing that coming to the USA means being cured. The last thing we need right now is a flood of infected people from Africa.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: SunnyRunner360
So, if word gets back to Africa, the people who already carry great mistrust for Western doctors will now have greater reason not to trust. Could we see more people refusing to seek treatment thus aiding to the spread in W. Africa? Could we see a revolt against the military personnel that are being sent over? I suppose anything is possible—just a matter of what they want to happen.

There was only a few doses of Z-MAPP to go around. Could we see what would have happened if they'd given it to Africans and it hadn't worked at all, or worse, killed them in some gruesome manner? Could we see them attacking our military...who then leaves?

If they don't want help, fine. Withdraw our workers, stop airplanes and ships from leaving the affected countries. The problem will solve itself.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I keep thinking of Stephen Kings "The Stand", when it comes to Ebola. I think that no matter how much faith the people have in the US health care system...they are not prepared for what may come.

I'm not scared, nor doom mongering. But I am concerned.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArmyOfNobunaga

Pretty darn good point. It upsets me too

To me it seems reasonable that we wouldn't "throw a fit" until it came here.

We can't force medical help on them. And it's a disease that usually only kills a few dozen people then dies out. It isn't the sort of thing you'd put billions of dollars on.

If they develop a vaccine for it...will all you anti-vaxxers be for it, or against it?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Duncan was not American. He was a Liberia national. I have looked and everything I can find says he was not an American citizen. Yes, he died here but he was Liberian and he came here knowing that he had been in contact with Ebola. He was afraid and came here hoping the health care here would save him. People do care but what this man did was selfish. He exposed more people to Ebola in an effort to save himself.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

You would be wrong:

“We are facing an epidemic of a magnitude never before seen in terms of the distribution of cases in the country: Gueckedou, Macenta Kissidougou, Nzerekore, and now Conakry,” said Mariano Lugli, coordinator of MSF's project in Conakry.

Guinea: Mobilisation against an unprecedented Ebola epidemic

ShareShare thisShare on emailShare on facebookShare on google_plusone_shareShare on twitterShare on more
31 March 2014

And Soficrow has been all over this with her wonderful threads, and I, along with a great many others, have been posting tons of relevant informatuon and research.

Catch up, junior.

Here is a good place to start.

/snark

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join