It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas Ebola Patient Thomas Duncan Has Died - confirmed by multiple media sources

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeorgiaGirl

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a reply to: ArmyOfNobunaga

im more upset by the idea that no one cared until an american died on american soil from this illness. people have been dying for weeks now over in africa and no one threw a fit until it came here.

Wrong. For example, the Christian organization Samaritan's Purse is in Africa, with volunteers risking their LIVES to help stop the outbreak. The doctor who was infected and came to Atlanta for treatment worked with them.

Of course, those are evil Christians, right??? So what do they matter? [sarcasm]

lets not make this a religious debate, so stick that carrot back in the garden thank you.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

The doses available were over a 1000, all went to health care providers working with ebola in Africa.

I wonder if some of those doses went into the hands of very wealthy bidders.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas

The flu is something to worry about in North America, the growing numbers of dim-wit parents that wont vaccinate their children is something to worry about...Ebola is not a large concern in developed nations.

DIMWIT PARENTS???? Look at this and learn:

In Memoriam

Hasn't it occurred to you YET that the government 'authorities' lie through their teeth over and over and over again??

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

im more upset by the idea that no one cared until an american died on american soil from this illness. people have been dying for weeks now over in africa and no one threw a fit until it came here.

You would be wrong:

“We are facing an epidemic of a magnitude never before seen in terms of the distribution of cases in the country: Gueckedou, Macenta Kissidougou, Nzerekore, and now Conakry,” said Mariano Lugli, coordinator of MSF's project in Conakry.

Guinea: Mobilisation against an unprecedented Ebola epidemic

ShareShare thisShare on emailShare on facebookShare on google_plusone_shareShare on twitterShare on more
31 March 2014

And Soficrow has been all over this with her wonderful threads, and I, along with a great many others, have been posting tons of relevant informatuon and research.

Catch up, junior.

Here is a good place to start.

/snark

thanks for that snark.

so it's not " a disease that usually only kills a few dozen people then dies out", as another member put it. im seeing a lot of contradictory info and perspectives here, ranging from "its nothing to worry about" to "its a serious danger to the human race" to "itll be taken care of quickly" to "nothing is working". im confused.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

The doses available were over a 1000, all went to health care providers working with ebola in Africa.

I wonder if some of those doses went into the hands of very wealthy bidders.

Thank you, I stand corrected... 1000 instead of 20.
Still, all have been used on those who caught it while in the line of duty treating others.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

What if this whole thing was a theater act to bring the population down though prophylactic vaccinations?

An agenda to line the pockets of the NWO/BigPharma/CDC/WHO and the rest of the country into a state of panic and fear?

Just saying. Where are the credible witnesses to Duncan? He looked suspicious and like a man with a heavy weight upon him in ALL of the pictures of him, the clear and almost professional pictures of him (except the one arriving and the mystery woman who greeted him)

Just thinking o shouting outloud.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Or still sitting in some undisclosed bunker/shed/warehouse with the PPE's, food, $$$ and suplies awaiting the initial kill to be completed.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I certainly feel for the family, and am sorry for their loss.

This whole thing certainly makes me wonder though. I posted elsewhere about the dramatic differences in the handling of the doctors, compared to this fellow.
And with what others are posting, regarding how if he would have been cured, the influx of people from infected areas.
Maybe that is why the government handled his case the way they did? (Not excusable, by any means.)

But now, we won't get the influx, saving the government millions. And the government won't have to shut down international travel. Saving them millions.

Very sad, but plausible scenario, IMO.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Of the problems going on right now....lol. Really? And it's fine.

From their website:
"Mapp Biopharmaceutical was founded in 2003 to develop novel pharmaceuticals for the prevention and treatment of infectious diseases, focusing on unmet needs in global health and biodefense".

Not going to be making as much in an obviously niche market; hence the ability to scale over time, in "building size" and production, is not really going to be there.
edit on 10/8/2014 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: kosmicjack

I added you a link

On the topic, that's unfortunate. Now we play the waiting game and see if any other infections prop up.

~Tenth

C'mon Tenth the entire spectacle reeks of AIDS in the beginning.

That French Patient Zero died too, remember...

This is like bad actors trying to figure out how they are going to play off a pandemic. Or Dubya reading Cat in the Hat Backwards when they "told him" about 9/11.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Funny, following all the links I could find from your post, including their site sources, brings it all back to the same Sandiego based company.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Traditionally, it had burnt itself out quickly because it cropped out away from civilization.

Guess what?

It's here in the wild and we have no idea if it has found a reservoir species in North America.

We know dogs can get it, but they are asymptomatic. I have been looking for more details as to by how long they incubate for and are contagious, please feel free to add to the effort.

It can be a serious danger to mankind if we don't respect it and change how we handle it.

It won't kill us by itself, but ignorance and corruption give it an advantage I am not sure we can overcome.

What are you doing to help thr overall effort?

I've gone and dug up a lot of research on the virus that shows the lies of the CDC, and have been blowing that up on Facebook on many fronts.

So what?

It's the only slings and stones I have.

I have woken quite a few people up and provided cross verification for many others.

Nothing is working?

Wrong again, look at what MSF is and has been doing.

All of the pledges of money and help?

Go ask MSF how much of it shows up where it is needed and when you get that answer, you will know why their efforts don't seem to be stemming the tide.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Yes you are right.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
He was provided a test sample of brincidofovir, wasn't he? If i were him, i would have demanded ZMapp, considering it seems to work well on Ebola patients...

Oh well. What's done is done. I hope he finds peace in his journey after death..

R.I.P.

The first person to be diagnosed with Ebola in the U.S. has died, a Dallas hospital announced minutes ago.

Liberian Thomas Eric Duncan, who recently traveled from West Africa to Dallas, had been in isolation at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas since Sept. 28.

It wasn’t immediately known what would happen to his body, which could remain contagious for several days. Guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention call for the remains to be immediately shrouded in plastic and double-bagged in leak-proof bags at the hospital, then promptly cremated or buried in an airtight casket.

news.yahoo.com...

No way to know if ZMAPP worked or not. It was used in three patients, two of the three lived, one died. This strain of Ebola is about 60% lethal in Africa, and with good supportive care, that can maybe be improved to just under 50%.

So how can you tell ZMAPP helped them? You really can't. Not a big enough sample to know.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I would think that various countries sending military personnel by the 1,000's into the hot zone to try and contain this disease, without a quarantine plan in place for their return, is begging for a world-wide epidemic.

ALL travel to and from infected areas should be stopped immediately. Humanitarian workers should not be allowed to return to their homeland until they have passed a quarantine period in a safe, remote place.

Hospital units away from the regular hospital should be erected if any more cases appear in our country.

I don't understand the pussy-footing that is going on. Grade schooler's would be a perfect vector; they go to school with cold symptoms, sneeze in their hand, wipe the big globs on their shirt, then grab the door knob with their still wet had, go to the drinking fountain and deposit the virus for the next person.

Quite a few could be infected before anyone is even aware they are dealing with EBOLA. It may not be anything to worry about now, but the lax way it's being dealt with sure seems to be a reason for concern.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I sure hope Dallas doesn't screw up the plans of disposing/cremating his body.

RIP Mr. Duncan. My sympathies for the family.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

1.) He wasn't an American even though he died on American soil.

2.) What do you think all the Ebola threads on this forum have been? People laughing? Or have you just plain ignored those because they don't fit your preferred narrative?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
What's so unconscionable about this disease and so heart-breaking for this family is that they could not be there for Thomas Duncan or comfort each other with a hug - the risk is so huge.

They do in Africa and that's a huge part of the problem. They won't stop no matter how dangerous it is.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Turq1

Africa is a continent. America is a country. Big difference.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: ArmyOfNobunaga

Pretty darn good point. It upsets me too

To me it seems reasonable that we wouldn't "throw a fit" until it came here.

We can't force medical help on them. And it's a disease that usually only kills a few dozen people then dies out. It isn't the sort of thing you'd put billions of dollars on.

If they develop a vaccine for it...will all you anti-vaxxers be for it, or against it?

It's also highly ironic that no one wants anything to do with Big Pharma until something like this comes along and then it's also Big Pharma's fault for not having the answer for it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join