It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas Ebola Patient Thomas Duncan Has Died - confirmed by multiple media sources

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Looking for a link. Being reported on cable news now. He passed away this morning. I'll add a link when found.

The implications are HUGE...

People will debate whether or not his survival would have encouraged more infected people of West Africa to try to come here.

People will debate whether he received ethical treatment. He was given an experimental medicine but not ZMAPP.

People will debate if his ethnicity played a part in his treatment and handling - Jesse Jackson is already there.

People will debate the bungling of how the hospital handled his initial efforts to seek care...and how they are handling his family who was exposed directly and the other 12 to 100 people who were exposed tangentially via the ER or the ambulance or the apartment or the airplane.

People will debate if the U.S. is really prepared or capable of dealing with Ebola.

It's just so, so tragic, all around.

CNN Link

CNN) -- Thomas Eric Duncan, the man with Ebola who traveled to the United States from Liberia, died Wednesday morning at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas, the hospital said.

He had been in critical condition after being diagnosed with the virus in mid-September. People who have had contact with him have been isolated and are being monitored for symptoms.

edit on 10/8/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/8/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/8/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Looking for a link. Being reported on cable news now. He passed away this morning. I'll add a link when found.

Holy crap. They broke it at my local news, too! Very sad!

link   
Twitter Link

here you go kosmic

Q

link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I wonder if he coded or if life-support was removed.

RIP, Mr. Duncan.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
They're reporting it on CNN now. I just switched on the TV.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
This guy was going to die no matter what.
If he had of lived, you'd have thousands of infected west Africans coming to the US for treatment.

poor guy was probably a guinea pig for all we know.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

May God have mercy on his soul. I am surprised he lasted this long. Despite what I would have done (like not potentially expose 300+ million people to a deadly virus) I cannot blame him for trying to get to the US.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
link from WFAA status update

Posted to Facbook By WFAA
edit on 8-10-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: fixed link

Personal opinion is that he has been dead, but this was the most fortuitous time for them to announce the news.

But then I am a jaded cynic, sadly the actions evidence d by our leaders makes that the only mindset that makes sense to me.
edit on 8-10-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: more to say

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I added you a link

On the topic, that's unfortunate. Now we play the waiting game and see if any other infections prop up.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Saw the local news start reporting on it a few minutes ago.

www.nbcdfw.com...

The first patient diagnosed with Ebola virus in the United States died Wednesday morning according to Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas.

Duncan has been insolation at the hospital since Sept. 28. and had been given an experimental drug.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Here's a link to UK News Sources:

BBC

SKY

Rev

edit on 8/10/2014 by revmoofoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
He was provided a test sample of brincidofovir, wasn't he? If i were him, i would have demanded ZMapp, considering it seems to work well on Ebola patients...

Oh well. What's done is done. I hope he finds peace in his journey after death..

R.I.P.

The first person to be diagnosed with Ebola in the U.S. has died, a Dallas hospital announced minutes ago.

Liberian Thomas Eric Duncan, who recently traveled from West Africa to Dallas, had been in isolation at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas since Sept. 28.

It wasn’t immediately known what would happen to his body, which could remain contagious for several days. Guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention call for the remains to be immediately shrouded in plastic and double-bagged in leak-proof bags at the hospital, then promptly cremated or buried in an airtight casket.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
If he had of lived, you'd have thousands of infected west Africans coming to the US for treatment.

That's a harsh way of looking at it.

Other Americans have been cured of the disease through experimental medicine. Mr Duncan had a slight chance at living. But at least he had that chance.

He was provided brincidofovir in an emergency scenario. Unfortunately, it didn't work out well for him.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I sure hope this is the last death in America from this disease.

Now it's time to wait and see. RIP
edit on 10/8/2014 by AnteBellum because: time correction

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
If i were him, i would have demanded ZMapp,

There isn't any to be had.

I heard yesterday that he was on a breathing machine and his kidneys and liver were failing or had failed. Now we wait to see if he did any damage by coming here ... I feel bad for those waiting to know if they are infected by him or not.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Well that's a question...we were told ZMapp was no longer available and difficult to produce. Then we find out a nurse in Norway will get Zmapp, but Duncan was sick first, I believe?

link   

originally posted by: daaskapital

That's a harsh way of looking at it.

Maybe, but imagine if he had of lived. If your child was sick in Liberia and your turned away from the hospital because they are full...how far would you go to save your child? a few thousand on an airfare and some drugs to hide the symptoms isn't a big ask for your child's life.

ZMAP.. the fatality rate for Ebola is what... 50% at the moment? I have big doubts how successful it is considering 2 people survived Ebola in western facilities.

Regardless, Duncan was not going to live, the USA could not allow its airports to be the new Ebola waiting room.

link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Remember the news site in Israel reported that he had died Sunday.

RIP.

Hopefully this horrible disease wasn't passed on to his family or others.
edit on 8-10-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
He was selfish.

He put our entire Nation at risk with his lies.

I still feel sorry for the man. I hope his actions don't end up killing others.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

well, he wasn't given any experimental drug until a week later, so I agree with you.....my question is why would the federal government send a black west African man infected with Ebola to Texas. that's like sending a gay white American to a hospital in Iran. you hope for the best outcome, but, you're not sure of how well he will be treated.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join