It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government School Lunch Program Train Kids for Food Rationing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
We all have read about the terrible school lunch programs and the general lack of food being served. Beyond on how there is no taste or seasoning, the portions are small and something you would expect to see handed out to starving people in third world countries. Nutrition was the selling point but it is going way past that. Near general starvation.

If we are headed towards very hard times where food is scarce and cooking fuel is limited, lunch programs from the government is training our youth to be OK with eating and having so little food. Rationing will take place and children complaining will set parents off, but if they are OK with it and it is their long term future, there will be less resistance to rationing. The private schools and rich will have well stocked pantries with delicious food but not the rest of us.

I haven't heard this theory yet and I hope I am not right. If I am it would mean that the hard times are planned well in advance and that there is a timeline for the need to ration. Having started years ago and made law is not preparing for what might be but rather preparing for what will be.

Just a thought and wondered if anyone else has any other theories.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I feel like crappy food in public schools is much more a result of the government's stingy spending habits than it is a way to train the youth on how to ration food. Just like everything else they use citizens' tax dollars for (other than their salaries and war): they want to spend as little as possible.

a reply to: Avoiceinthewilderness

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I think it's all for profit. Cheap to make and smaller portions equals more money .

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
" Government School Lunch Program Train Kids for Food Rationing "

I think that might be a secondary purpose.

But a clear purpose just the same.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Greetings- Couple of things, #1) The only thing I've read about school lunches is, they aren't just for school anymore. My current ecological niche is Flori-Duh, so part of it 'may' be something to do w/the orange growers assoc., but "any qualifying student" also takes home either food/chits for food for the weekends once school starts.

#2) The biggest problem per the head "Lunch Lady" was the students not eating the food but wasting it.

Again, this is Florida and the majority of teens/pre-teens would be on the opposite scale of "Nearing general starvation" and a program including some healthy eating along w/some physical education would be way more valuable in this "common passerby's opinion"..

Tomorrow is "Taco Tuesday" Next...

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

star and flag for the interesting theory....

I used to love peanut butter balls...remember those?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Yup not only rationing but raising people on little food with little nutritional value ruins their brains.

Dumb downed by curriculum, the media and food. The future generations won't even raise a fuss S + F

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Why have you let the government become your main source of food? Why is it my responsibility to feed you with my tax dollars?

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Parents need to teach kids how to prepare their own lunches, by putting them to work in the kitchen each night with paper sacks, plastic bags, sliced bread, ham, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, hard boiled eggs, apples, bananas, granola, etc.

edit on 6-10-2014 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The school lunches have plenty of food it is just healthy stuff kids hate like veggies are veggies instead of the old way where pizza was considered a veggie serving. Kids of course in America want fatty processsed foods full of sugar and toss the the healthy parts of the meal away. How you relate that to food rationing is beyond me.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Don't forget everybody growing MickeyMouse™ thumbs from the constant texting.. How about instead of the school teaching them "new math" or anything else to continue the ruination of America, they just distribute Obama phones and show them the math function? This way, they can get some exercise, the eNSA™ gets their info, win/win.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
I feel like crappy food in public schools is much more a result of the government's stingy spending habits

they want to spend as little as possible.

...while keeping as much as they can for themselves

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I don't know about your theory, but I do know this.

My daughter is a public school teacher. She eats breakfast and lunch at school because it is cheaper than she can fix them at home.

She is so happy she has lost 10 pounds (no she wasn't exactly overweight when school started, size 10), eating the school meals and a regular dinner at home that she cooks for her and her hubby. And all in less than a month.

No starvation rations here.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: guitarplayer
I personally don't receive food stamps or have any children in school so there is no usage of your tax dollars feeding me or my family. I am simply taking what information is out there and commenting on it.

Have a great day.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
food at the cafiteria was to expensive i only got it a couple times.
I bring my own lunch from home. So how does rationing work when kids are pretty much expected to eat food brought from home.

Everyone in Canada has to do this. And cafiterias are always served by chef student programs.

Donno about the states but school meals or tradition or something?

Just wanted to add in that this will cripple food sales at schools. Just an FYI. No one wants to pay more for smaller portions.
That's why sandwhich bags and plastic lunch boxs/bags exist.

Wait a minute. Do kids get free meals down there? Smaller portions? Why are you complaining lol. We have breakfast programs here where kids get a granola bar a yogurt an apple and an orange.

There wasn't a lunch program other than what students have to pay for like pizza day.
the breakfast club is all over Canada i think but beyond that everyone pulls out their own lunches.
edit on 7-10-2014 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   

I suspect you are right but it wont be because the government forecasting says there will be a shortage of food but because that is what they are going to ensure will occur.

The depopulation rake has many tynes and the tynes operate at different depths and some of them are silent weapons for quiet war.
edit on 7-10-2014 by learnatic because: (no reason given)

top topics

join