It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we owe France an apology?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 11:33 AM
link   
We owe an apology to the people of Iraq for supporting Saddam, and letting him come to power. We owe an apology to all of those south american countries whose governments we destroyed to keep communism from spreading. We owe an apology to the Vietnamese for slaughtering them by the millions. And to Laos and Cambodia for bombing them without a declaration. We owe an apology to all the African countries whose leaderships we dabbled in. In affect, we owe an apology to the whole world for thinking that we were always right and infallible. And an apology for thinking that we were the UN. For thinking that we could invade soverign countries without provocation. For thinking our policies and ideas were always the best.

XAOS

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67

My Lai

Great. Let's condemning the whole USA cuz some US soldiers have losted their minds and killed some civilians.

So, let's nuke the Russians for what they did in Afghanistan. And the Vietnamese for what they did in Cambodia, when they invaded Cambodia in 1979. They used chemical weapons against the civilians. For a country who's allways crying and shouting against the USA and the fact they used chemical weapons in Vietnam, it's pretty strange ,isn't it ?

Hopefully for the USA, peoples like you are not in charge of the nations. But don't get me wrong, I don't think those who are in charge now ( and were before ) are better.They're just " differents ", but they're not better.

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 11:45 AM
link   
nans, you are exactly right. it is when people like that get in power that this great country is truly going to hell in a hand-basket. militant minded people will incesently bash something, even with false information.

i;m sure there have NEVER been atrocities commited against American Soldiers in battle. :barf
so much sarcasm in that less sentance i'm going to make myself puke)

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller

What a load of #e.
Yeah we owe them an apology for removing a government that routinely killed hundreds of thousands of it's own ordinary people. People like you.

You'd soon be begging for release from anyone if our government started to treat our population in the same way.

Balls to you anti war protestors. You're so wrapped up in your own self pity that you can't deal with the real world.
Luckily our governments don't listen to you people. If they did? Give it 50 years.
We'd all be dead.

You are joking? If it's human rights that these war's are about then when do we start on the good old USA their human rights stink!!!! They do treat their population in the same way but not on such a scale as Saddam. The people in the far east have always been doing this to their people for centuries. I don't hear anyone from the US condemning those murdering Jews in Israel and the way that they are ethnically cleansing their land from Palestinians. The US don't go storming in there do they ho no because they love the Jews and hate the Muslim's. As for the Balkans the US and the UN were way to late with that one.
You War Monger's Make Me Sick

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 11:53 AM
link   
So because Vietnam and Russia did the same thing we did its okay. Like we are given leave to do whatever we want, because another nation did the same thing. Lets lock up thousands of dissenters like Russia, what, they did it. Just because another nation has done something frees the US from all guilt? We do not have to use WMDs. I do not approve the other countries and they should apologize too, but America has done things just as horrible as other nations. As the world leader we have the ability to influence the world in ways unimaginable by previous generations and what do we do? Whatever we want. Leech other countries. Oppress small third world countries. Yes other nations need to apologize. But it has to start with us.

XAOS

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 11:55 AM
link   
You think the USA is going to go in every single country and help it. We are doing our best. Do you think we have another alternative to abolsing terror besides war? Diplomacy won't work for sure. Combating terroism is our most important prioity right now.

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by goregrinder
nans, you are exactly right. it is when people like that get in power that this great country is truly going to hell in a hand-basket. militant minded people will incesently bash something, even with false information.

i;m sure there have NEVER been atrocities commited against American Soldiers in battle. :barf
so much sarcasm in that less sentance i'm going to make myself puke)

Please tell me you called UP Nans, OMG you did LOL.Frankly I dont blame you, I cannot tell the difference either

XAOS

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 11:57 AM
link   
lol xaos, if you're just reading, they write exactly the same! anyway, i meant up.

[Edited on 31-5-2003 by goregrinder]

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Since the end of the Second World War there has been more wars then ever before. Why? Because of the US developing and selling their weapons of mass destruction. If you look at the weapons that most of these rogue countries have you will find a Made in the USA label on them.

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by clive

You are joking? If it's human rights that these war's are about then when do we start on the good old USA their human rights stink!!!! They do treat their population in the same way but not on such a scale as Saddam. The people in the far east have always been doing this to their people for centuries. I don't hear anyone from the US condemning those murdering Jews in Israel and the way that they are ethnically cleansing their land from Palestinians. The US don't go storming in there do they ho no because they love the Jews and hate the Muslim's. As for the Balkans the US and the UN were way to late with that one.

Ah. The usual illogical reply of the anti war person.
Typical. You never get an answer why we shouldn't have freed those people in Iraq.
All you ever get is the lame attempt to blame others and the usual smoke screen about Israel of which there is absolutely no basis of understanding. I mean come on please - "I don't hear anyone from the US condemning those murdering Jews in Israel and the way that they are ethnically cleansing their land from Palestinians."
Then watch the damn news. Do you honestly believe that the peace process is a coincidence? Even after we were told by Blair that Israel was next on the agenda after Iraq?

What the hell has the USA society got to do with a damn thing? Even if they torture every one of their citizens and beat them to death every night, does that make it wrong to remove a tyrant in another country?

As usual, all we ever get in reply is the "no war at any price" bs. Yeah. My grandad could tell you different. Hitler knocked on our front door and destroyed millions of people because of "no war at any price".

Warmongerer. LOL. Bull. It's precisely because I dislike war so much and precisely because I can see where the UN is taking things that I support the action in Iraq. If you have to do something real bad and it is the only option you have no choice but to see it through.
Sitting and whining about it makes me barf. If you feel so bad about people who you don't know, thousands of miles away, get off your butt, stop whining and go do something that will help them.

Otherwise you're just noise.

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by clive
Since the end of the Second World War there has been more wars then ever before. Why? Because of the US developing and selling their weapons of mass destruction. If you look at the weapons that most of these rogue countries have you will find a Made in the USA label on them.

You will also find Made in China, Made in France, Made in the UK, Made in Germany, Made in Belgium, Made in Czech Republic and probably a thousand others.
Crap point.

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The last time I checked the WMD hunt wasn't over. I think even recently we sent over 100 more inspectors to search for WMD. Pres. Bush even claimed, well according to a local NY paper, that we have found WMD ("mobile labs") and will find more.

AF1

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 01:15 PM
link   
So when is most of Europe going to apoligize for what they did to the world during their colonization period. In case you don't realize, it is not because of the US that the world is the way it is, it's because of countries like France and Britian who left these countries with no where to go.

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I totally agree with you and I'm a Brit.

To tell the truth though, we actually have apologised to some of those countries. There are inquiries about the Mao Mao uprising taking place here at the moment. Similar inquiries have already taken place.

But I honestly believe that there is a big difference between Britain and the US in this department. We reconise that we screwed up. That's why we gave those countries back and why we set up the Commonwealth. I haven't met one of my countrymen who doesn't feel a twinge of shame about our actions when we held an Empire.
The US public doesn't seem ready to accept that fact yet though.
I think it's administration understands the fact that one day it will have to turn around and say sorry, but that time isn't here yet. There is still work to be done that we will have to apologise for at a later date. We need to get that work out of the way first though.

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 01:57 PM
link   

If you look at the weapons that most of these rogue countries have you will find a Made in the USA label on them.

Like Israel, for starters. Israelis driving about in tanks made in the US and plowing down palestinian villages. And Americans wonder why they wanna take us out too?

We owe no one an apology, because if everyone had to apologize to everyone they harmed, wed be apologizing till the end of time. Besides, France deserves nothing, what did they do, oppose the US with UN backing? Big deal. Nothing brave, nore great about that, all we did was ignore them and go our merry way. WE didnt hurt France, therefore, we have nothing to apologize for.

Apologize to Iraq? Maybe. Jury still out on that. We should however apoligize to Syria. If we didnt support Israel Syria would be a pretty good friend. We shouldnt threaten them so.

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Yeah. Why don't you apologise to a country with a regime that is just as bad as Saddam's?

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AF1
So when is most of Europe going to apoligize for what they did to the world during their colonization period. In case you don't realize, it is not because of the US that the world is the way it is, it's because of countries like France and Britian who left these countries with no where to go.

Woaw woaw woaw....That times, I don't agree. In many cases, when nations as France and GB left their colonies, they offered them many help, but they refused because it has been seen like a last attempt to keep a hand on them. Also, the USA ( yes, the USA ) and the former USSR ( when it was not the Chicoms ) did everything to fire the europeans nations from their former colonies, with the UN congratulations. But they didn't do anything to help the new free nations. Those *new* nations were as kid without their parents.

And don't forget, without the europeans, no USA, no * americans *....Think about it...

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Yes. But we should never have handed them back when we did. We should have spent a lot more time setting up their infrastructures.
We took over their countries, ran them for a century and then suddenly turned around and said "Here you go. It's all yours again".
We created an atmosphere where only war could survive.

Don't get me wrong. I see the Brits and the French as not having a lot of choice in the matter. We couldn't afford to keep our empires after WW2. We didn't have the manpower or the money.
We tried to retain the least advanced societies for as long as possible so we could teach them but in the end we just didn't have the resources.

You wanna blame someone for all this mess that we see today?
Blame Hitler.

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Nope. I blame everyones. Except myself.

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Leveller I can't believe you have swallowed their lies. The war was for oil and the greed for power and nothing else. First off the war against Iraq was supposed to be because of WMD (not to liberate the IRAQI people) and that Saddam and his alleged WMD were a threat to the security and the safety of the US. Now they can't find the WMD proves they lied. Blair and Bush and the Bush administration lied to us they told us that the war was about WMD and that Saddam had them and was going to use them against the West eventually. They said that we had to strike first before Saddam gets the chance to use them against us. Now they say that they had to remove Saddam because of what he has done to his people the very same people that have been repressed and brutally murdered for decades without any US or British leader stepping in and declaring that the atrocities must stop. These Iraqi people that so desperately needed to be set free were the same people that the US left behind after the last war for Saddam to murder. In fact if the US didn't give their word to the Kurds that they would be helped by America if they were to stand up against and overthrow Saddam there would be a few thousand Kurds still alive. These Wars are not about the people it's about Power it is the start of the NWO eliminating the non-conformists. If you are foolish enough to think that it's to help the repressed people of this planet then think again. The Zionist's (ZOG) created the term Axis of Evil as an excuse to attack and destroy Islam. If there is one thing the Jews really hate it's Islam and the US is a Zionist Organisation Group that is going along with the Murders. Sure a few thousand innocent people died in the 9/11 attacks, but talk about over reacting. For decades the US funded the IRA through NORAID and are now funding Sinn Fein but did anyone attack the US for funding those terrorist, NO. It's about time someone stood up to the US war Machine and good luck to them. Bush is a thick #ing # head that thinks his on the 4th crusade and therefore making himself as an important figure in the annals of history!!!!! And the same goes for Blair.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join