It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NO experimental drug ZMapp for ebola infected in the US

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
That's right, Mr. Thomas Eric Duncan the man to bring ebola into the US and anybody that will come down with the disease in the US will be out of luck when it comes to the serum that was given to various people brought to the US by the CDC with ebola.

The reason for this is that the company in Canada that manufactured the ZMapp, has run out of supplies

In October 1, after the news of the Liberian man was found to be carrying the Ebola virus was found in the Texas, the stocks of the companies behind the development of vaccines, took a boost in Wall street.

Then the news that Two experimental vaccines are being fast tracked for use in the Ebola outbreak, by the World Health Organization (WHO) says, the news also confirmed that vaccines for testing were going to be allowed by the WHO, to be use in Africa, the problems is that these vaccines were promised since sept, from the ones that used on the American doctors, still Africa has not received anything, and now is not more supplies.

www.bbc.com...

What happen to the doses that were kept by the company?, they said they have used them all.

Now, as people are starting to get concern the question is why the vaccines has run dry.

Ebola vaccine: Why it's taking so long to make one,

Thomas Eric Duncan, the Liberian man who is undergoing treatment for Ebola and listed in serious condition in Dallas, won't be getting the experimental drug ZMapp used on several international aid workers and medical staff, including at least two other Americans.

That's because the company that makes ZMapp, Mapp Biopharmaceutical, has run out of supplies.

That's prompted U.S. government officials to try and ramp up production of ZMapp through a small biotech company in Texas.

www.cnbc.com...

So on Oct, 1, we went from ramping the production to October 2, we don't have anymore supplies.

In my conspirators mind it seems that perhaps any ZMapp that were still available has disappeared or somebody is holding to what is available now that ebola is in the US, how many people were given the experimental ZMapp, we only know of a few they said they had about 1000 doses.

But the experimental vaccine was only to be given to healthcare workers fighting the ebola.

I am very concern for anybody that will be getting infected with ebola in the US, now, because is not going to be any help with any vaccines, experimental or not,

edit on 3-10-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Has anyone checked out the website for the manufactures of ZMapp?

I swear, it looks like a website someone in high school made back in the early 01's. I'm not really to sure if it's supposed to look ghetto, but it certainly doesn't scream "Cutting edge research!!"

Check it out: Mappbio.com

Wow...just...wow...

ETA: I just googled their address. It looks like this "cutting edge" research facility is located in a strip mall:

edit on 3-10-2014 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
This puts a whole new twist on things.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Any available Zmapp may have been appropriated for the ones who have the power to order it-and not be refused? That's if they did,as a matter of fact,have any substantial amount of stock to start with ? a reply to: marg6043

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

They disappeared alright, right into the hands of the highest bidders I am willing to bet. With this thing landing in the states I am sure that what little they had sold in a hot second at a very premium price behind closed doors. You don't just run out of 1000 doses with no trail or story of where they were "used".

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Such bull, they probably already have vaccines for this stockpiled and waiting to be administered.

Ebola, to frighten the population, further restrict rights, make money, hopefully kill enough people to control the population even further.

Entire thing stinks. Stinks

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

ZMapp is great, and yes they are out.

There are others out there. GSK is working on a viable treatment, as well as Tekmira Pharmaceuticals which was used on American missionary Richard Scara. TK-Ebola has been in development since 2010, and has the backing of the DoD as well as USAMRIID, not only does TK-Ebola seem to be an effective treatment, but when tested on primates as a vaccine there was a 100% protection rate when a lethal dose of Zaire Ebola was applied. They have fast track designation, all regulations may be pushed aside in order to get this to those in need. The problem with any of these new treatments will be large scale production. You don't go from testing in the lab to treating thousands.

Another is Sarepta Therapeutics which has AVI-7537 for Ebola treatment, not quite as affective as TK-Ebola, but it has been shown to have a 60%-80% success rate in humans. They also HAD government funding but that was dropped during the government shutdown last year. They are begging the government to reinstate their project. They have 100 treatments available immediately and have been in talks with both US government agencies and WHO. Unfortunately it could take upwards of a year for to have enough to treat thousands of people.

Believe it or not even Fujifilm is getting involved. They own a small company called Toyama chemical that is also working on a treatment. Also worthy of mention is Biocryst Pharmaceuticals who got a contract from the NIAID and is getting money thrown at them to work on a cure.

I'm not an expert on the disease, just work as a researcher for my boss who loves to invest in biotechs.... so if people have questions in that regard I may have answers. Not sure if there was a point to my post, but I figured some of this info might help the discussion.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

I wonder also, the claims are that it was only 1000 does, but also that Glaxosmith was testing another vaccine at this moment, I can not find anything on the vaccines by Glaxosmith, but the news back in sept when the trials were going to be started.

Something smell fishy, I am sure that if ebola prof in the rest of the world as deadly as it has been for Africa, the elite will be paying substantial amount of money for any vaccines be experimental or not

Another scenario is that the worlds elite will make sure that they will survive, so some of the vaccine could have been confiscated.

But is only conspiracies.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

I swear, it looks like a website someone in high school made back in the early 01's. I'm not really to sure if it's supposed to look ghetto, but it certainly doesn't scream "Cutting edge research!!"

Wow...just...wow...

ETA: I just googled their address. It looks like this "cutting edge" research facility is located in a strip mall:

Looks like a standard business website for a manufacturer. No frills straight to the point and easy to navigate for investors. wasprobably built in 04ish and never updated because this company isn't a Web based business. LARGE construction , government contractors and manufactures have sites like this. In most cases the company has to have a website for a clients contract. A couple years ago I was contacted by a construction company that wanted a site for as cheap as possible. They basically needed the company address and a list of services that the company offered. It was only to land the contract.

Eta rents probably low at that place. Which is good for the companies overhead. Has no bearing on the quality of product.
edit on 3-10-2014 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Yes you are right, the site doesn't even look official, Glaxosmith looks more professional, is interesting that they started the company back in 2003, that is the same year that US started to award money for the research in an ebola vaccine, but also tax dollars were awarded for about 13 more companies.

I also read in the links I provided that now Texas has been given tax dollars for experimental vaccines, I wonder who is this Texan company

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Wow...just...wow...

Holy [snip]ing [snip]. I'm on a profanity kick today - but this whole problem just jumped so many dozen levels, just today, in my book that it's not even funny. I can literally build a more comprehensive website than that with my pinky... literally... And how ABOUT that strip mall... This is... Seriously awkward. Pack your bags folks...

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Has anyone tried calling these clowns? I'd be very interested what they have to say about ... All of this.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlasticWizard
Looks like a standard business website for a manufacturer. No frills straight to the point and easy to navigate for investors.

Yup, the website looks pretty typical for a small pharmaceutical that isn't publicly traded. They don't have stockholders/prospective stockholders that they need to impress. It's simple and to the point.

What people don't usually realize is that these smaller biotechs only have 10-20 employees tops. That includes everyone, even management. Working on any new drug takes a VERY long time for the big pharmas, these little guys that care less about the money and more about the science can take even longer. Finding funding compounds the difficulties as well... it's better to have a very small site with excellent equipment than try to pay for a better, more professional space.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Is there no prototypes for DRACO Vaccine present yet that can be administered

DRACO (antiviral)

DRACO ("Double-stranded RNA (dsRNA) Activated Caspase Oligomerizer") is a group of experimental antiviral drugs under development at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. DRACO is reported to have broad-spectrum efficacy against many infectious viruses, including Marburg marburgvirus and Zaire ebolavirus, dengue flavivirus, Amapari and Tacaribe arenavirus, Guama bunyavirus, H1N1 influenza and rhinovirus. DRACO is reported to induce rapid apoptosis selectively in virus-infected mammalian cells, while leaving uninfected cells unharmed.[1][2]

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpaDe_

They disappeared alright, right into the hands of the highest bidders I am willing to bet. With this thing landing in the states I am sure that what little they had sold in a hot second at a very premium price behind closed doors. You don't just run out of 1000 doses with no trail or story of where they were "used".

yup,yup

link   
Here's some info:

As with other companies working on small molecules and biologicals against Ebola and other hemorrhagic fever viruses, MappBio was the beneficiary of grants and contracts from federal agencies that include the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease (NIAID), the Department of Defense Advanced Research Projects (DARPA), and the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA).

It goes on further...

The ZMapp product is the result of a collaboration between Mapp, San Diego-based LeafBio, and Toronto-based Defyrus Inc, “a private, life sciences biodefence company that collaborates with military and public health R&D partners in the United States, Asia and Canada.” The Public Health Agency of Canada is the Defyrus partner north of the border.

Forbes

Okay, so they get money from a few government sources...why the ghetto website? They've been around since 2003 and their website sure looks like it too.

Alos, LeafBio is located in the same building as Mappbio ...

The article also goes on about tobacco playing a role in this as well...

link   
You should offer your webmaster skills to them for free because they are offering the vaccine for free. Probably why they ran out. Sent it all to affected countriess for FREE to keep it from jumping around the globe.

Better yet maybe they should charge for the vaccine so they can make your eyes happy with a fancy site.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Check it out: Map.com

Wow...just...wow...

Looks like a standard business website for a manufacturer. No frills straight to the point and easy to navigate for investors. wasprobably built in 04ish and never updated because this company isn't a Web based business. LARGE construction , government contractors and manufactures have sites like this. In most cases the company has to have a website for a clients contract. A couple years ago I was contacted by a construction company that wanted a site for as cheap as possible. They basically needed the company address and a list of services that the company offered. It was only to land the contract.

Eta rents probably low at that place. Which is good for the companies overhead. Has no bearing on the quality of product.

Sorry... But you're inebriated. If this is what a 'standard business website for a manufacturer' looks like, can you explain any of these?

Merck
Pfizer
Novartis

All the same industry - and I'd be happy to say that none of the above three are even very impressive - which makes Mapp's site... Unbelievable. It would literally cost them like $300 to rebuild that website with like... colors... and like... a background...

I will actually do it for them for free just because they look like idiots... This is baffling.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

If your looking for a conspiracy, it's in cancer treatments. Every year there are probably a half dozen companies that have viable, working treatments/cures for different types of cancer that are nearing approval. What happens often is that these small fish get acquired by big pharmas and the treatments disappear... forever.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

You should offer your webmaster skills to them for free because they are offering the vaccine for free. Probably why they ran out. Sent it all to affected countriess for FREE to keep it from jumping around the globe.

Better yet maybe they should charge for the vaccine so they can make your eyes happy with a fancy site.

Note my follow up comment to your last... It would literally take me an hour to make their site look like ATS... How they can't employ someone for a month to revamp their site after government grants - I simply cannot accept as feasible.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join