It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NO experimental drug ZMapp for ebola infected in the US

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: DigitalJedi805

The website looks like something they'd assign to high school IT intern...

This is like hearing about a gourmet pizza place, where one can't get a reservation....and then finding out it's a Chuck-E-Cheese's.

Thank you...

If you're going to get granted [millions?] from the federal government, you don't have your 14 year old son build the website. You spend $5000 and have a professional company build something presentable once. It's not like a functional website is a massive hit to Anyone's budget - especially if all it has to do is serve up text - especially if you just got a grant for [millions?] to start a legitimate company.

Any company that doesn't want to drown under its overhead, must have a means to make profit - in today's market, that means a website where people can like... view your products?

If this company is legitimate, they do not profit any money, and it only makes sense that they cannot continue production - none of which I buy.

edit on 3-10-2014 by DigitalJedi805 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Oh, it also looks like they have a three-star rating via google...no written review, just three stars.

WAT?

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I'd like to know the results of calling these folks, and perhaps even calling some companies that might potentially buy whatever it is that they make, and asking if they've ever even heard of them.

Might be worth a good laugh the whole way.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: aboutface

That is the point I am trying to make and bring on, If ZMapp was soo successful with the people that it was administered to, why is now delays in production? a property spat? lord have mercy while people are dying by the thousands, it makes no sense.

Is outright criminal. It could be that those with the money and power are taking care of themselves first.

We are on the same page. It stinks of power and corruption at the highest levels.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigitalJedi805

If you're going to get granted [millions?] from the federal government, you don't have your 14 year old son build the website. You spend $5000 and have a professional company build something presentable once...

And another point on this note - how in the hell do you get a federal grant for vaccine production without a product listing, or experience summary?

I might expect the feds to be at least a LITTLE curious who they're about to hand some extravagant amount of money to.

Lol:

"So uh... Here's our resume. When can we pick up that check?"

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

What do they need a nice website for? The general public?

If they don't have investors to worry about, they really don't care.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Osiris1953

What do they need a nice website for? The general public?

If they don't have investors to worry about, they really don't care.

Second paragraph, first post on this page.

If you don't have any market presence ( I.E. a storefront ( hah ) or a website ), you will drown in your own overhead due to an inability to sell anything... If they have enough grant money coming in to not Have to sell anything, then there's no way that they can't find a way to continue making this stuff.

I just don't buy it.

"We gave this company enough money to figure out how to fight Ebola and make just enough vaccines for me and the wifey; it'll be a hoot when they run out, no?"

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Osiris1953

You'd think they'd want some place for people they meet and other colleagues in their field to visit...

At seminars and whatnot you'd think they'd hand out business cards with their website on it?

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I think one of the biggest problems with the ebola vaccine still no been manufactured in large scale is that now that the Markets are taking an interest on ebola and its implications of the disease in the US everybody wants a piece of the action, money is the main reason, companies fighting for the rights to the vaccine and screw the dying

Meet the drug companies fighting Ebola

One is well-established British drug giant GlaxoSmithKline GSK, -0.13% , which is working on an Ebola vaccine in conjunction with the National Institute of Health’s National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease, or NIAID, unit. Glaxo’s story is well known: Nearly 100,000 employees, roughly $40 billion in annual sales. Profits, though diminishing a bit as it loses patent protection on some of its offerings, still are firmly in the black.

Japanese photographic company Fujifilm Holdings Corp. FUJIF, +0.17% , with nearly $20 billion in sales and $1 billion in annual profits. Japan’s equivalent to the U.S.’s Eastman Kodak KODK, +0.09% prior to the digital age, Fujifilm has diversified into chemicals, medical products and pharmaceuticals. Its Toyama Chemical Co. has been contracted out to test an anti-influenza drug on an Ebola patient.

Tekmira Pharmaceuticals Corp. TKMR, -1.12% : Tekmira has gotten the biggest stock boost of all the Ebola players as its therapy, TKM-Ebola, seems to be getting the most attention from regulators and investors. The company recorded $15.5 million in sales for fiscal 2013 and a loss of 87 cents a share. It has roughly 85 employees, according to one government web site.

BioCryst Pharmaceuticals Corp. BCRX, -0.47% : BioCryst also declined to comment, but the company is developing a therapy for NIAID, paralleling Glaxo’s vaccine work. Remember, its therapy is for already infected patients, while vaccines like those by Glaxo are used to prevent the disease.

Tekmira was the latest added, as they need to make something to boost their losing trend.

www.marketwatch.com...

Published: Oct 3, 2014 4:14 p.m. ET

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

The ironic thing is "Radiant Technologies" is in the same building. Guess what they do? Business software solutions -- including e-commerce.
edit on 3-10-2014 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Hah, Hahahah, Hahahahahahah. Biggest. Farce. Ever.

I'd be truly impressed and humbled if someone could actually prove to me that these folks exist and produce things

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

a reply to: PlasticWizard

I'm implying that this entire corporation is entirely fabricated.

By a 'Real' company - I mean one that actually exists and produces things.

I'm not bashing anyone; I'm just asking for proof that they are doing what they say - as I have yet to see any.

They made zmapp. It was successful and They ran out. Grant money and research doc for more went to the bidders who promised more vaccines for less money and turnaround time .

And bashing the company based on Web design that most likely cost 5k at the time (over 10 yrs ago) is exactly what you did.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlasticWizard

I'm not bashing anyone; I'm just asking for proof that they are doing what they say - as I have yet to see any.

They made zmapp. It was successful and They ran out. Grant money and research doc for more went to the bidders who promised more vaccines for less money and turnaround time .

And bashing the company based on Web design that most likely cost 5k at the time (over 10 yrs ago) is exactly what you did.

So... You mean to tell me, that this company last for ten years - produced One product that Just became necessary, and then ran out of it in under a month?

If you think that this website cost $5k - Ever - you've neither designed a website, nor had one designed for you. This website, is not something you pay for. This is something someone in college gets a C- on.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I wonder why, like I say if the Canadian company was soo sucesful with the ZMapp, why the production is been halted, I wonder if the other big companies like Tekmira and Glaxosmith are trying to buy them, still we have another big Japanese companies involve.

Everybody wants a piece of the action.
Could Ebola Vaccine Delay Be Due To An Intellectual Property Spat?

Questions remain over why a made-in-Canada experimental Ebola vaccine is still sitting in a Winnipeg laboratory instead of being dispensed in West Africa, with a scientific journal suggesting that an intellectual property dispute may be to blame.

It's been more than six weeks since the Canadian government promised to donate the vaccine to the international community to help fight the ongoing Ebola outbreak.

About 800 to 1,000 doses of the vaccine, which was developed at the National Microbiology Laboratory in Winnipeg, are supposed to be shipped to West Africa.

The federal government has said the delay is with the World Health Organization, which is helping to determine who should get the vaccine and how to ship the doses properly.

But a story published this week on ScienceInsider, a news website of the journal Science, raises the theory that a U.S.-based company that purchased a licence to the vaccine's commercialization from the federal government is "dragging its feet."

The article by Berlin-based journalist Kai Kupferschmidt cites scientists who are concerned that NewLink Genetics is "worried about losing control over the development of the vaccine."

www.huffingtonpost.ca...

Soo, there you have it, our own American corporate power at his finest when it comes to dictating who live and who dies from ebola as long as they get their cut of the money pie

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally: PlasticWizard

So... You mean to tell me, that this company last for ten years - produced One product that Just became necessary, and then ran out of it in under a month?

If you think that this website cost $5k - Ever - you've neither designed a website, nor had one designed for you. This website, is not something you pay for. This is something someone in college gets a C- on.

I have 2 websites of my own and have designed over 10 in the past 4 yrs alone. 10 yrs ago I would charge 5k for something like that and that grant money would have paid for it happily. The market at the time justified it. Not now a days tho, standard rate is $500 for an informative website, and 1200 for a shop loaded with products, not including the hosting and domain registration fees. Too many Web designers and stuff like WordPress that makes it easy with themes and user friendly preloaded backend interfaces.

Anyways, research and development doesn't happen overnight and could take years to propagate. I'm sure they've researched and developed other products. Quite possibly they license their work out to major companies for actual production and distribution.

Edit read the post above about licensing a vaccine to a different company. That's how these companies profit. Make the first batch, licence the work out and collect licensing fees. Same with any company with a new product looking for major distribution.
edit on 3-10-2014 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
One would think if you've saved lives from Ebola in the recent past, you'd want to beef up your website a little bit for curious media and news people. I mean, having it work on a few people is really good PR, and no doubt the media and possibly other (larger) companies would take note and be curious...?

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
One would think if you've saved lives from Ebola in the recent past, you'd want to beef up your website a little bit for curious media and news people. I mean, having it work on a few people is really good PR, and no doubt the media and possibly other (larger) companies would take note and be curious...?

The thing is, the site doesn't look out of place if you frequently visit manufacturer sites.

"if it ain't broke, don't fix it " that only cost money and more headaches.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

You know I wonder about that too, unless they company is just struggling to survive, as now the company that saved people with their ZMapp is been held back by the US corporate power behind making profits with ebola vaccine.

So, is not that the Canadian company is dry, is that US is fighting for the patent.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Well:

DEFENSE THREAT REDUCTION AGENCY
Mapp Biopharmaceutical, Inc, San Diego, California, is being awarded an $8,152,103 cost- plus-fixed-fee contract for the development of a broad-spectrum monoclonal cocktail for prevention of VEEV, WEEV and EEEV, in support of the research and development enterprise. Work will be performed in San Diego, California, and various subcontractor locations; work is expected to be completed May 2017. Bids were solicited and nine were received. The contracting activity is Defense Threat Reduction Agency, Fort Belvoir, Virginia (HDTRA1-14-C-0115).

www.defense.gov

So they were granted 8 million a few months ago to work with VEE.

In another thread a member posted:

"In 1990 and 1991, we engineered a smallpox at Vector. It was found that several areas of the smallpox genome" -- the DNA -- "can be used for the introduction of some foreign genetic material. The first development was smallpox and VEE. VEE, or Venezuelan equine encephalitis, is a brain virus. It causes a severe headache and near-coma, but it is generally not lethal. Alibek said that the researchers spliced VEE into smallpox.

More recently, Alibek claims, the Vector researchers may have created a recombinant Ebola-smallpox chimera. One could call it Ebolapox. Ebola virus uses the molecule RNA for its genetic code, whereas smallpox uses DNA.

This is getting weird. Ebolapox? Would this be airborne?!
edit on 3-10-2014 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

The weirdness comes with the realization that more than a vaccine is sounds like biological testing of virus to create mega viruses.

I always feel that we humans will be the end of our own species due to greed and stupidity, more of the latest than the first.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join