It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NO experimental drug ZMapp for ebola infected in the US

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DigitalJedi805

No joke. Considering that they got money from DARPA and other sources to fund their research, they couldn't even shell out $300 for a friend to build them a better website?

I also like how the drug information page is literally 5 small paragraphs. What?
edit on 3-10-2014 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

RIGHT!?

*facepalm*

Go download a fething free web template and copy and paste your text into it for the love of god.

link   
a reply to: Osiris1953

Exactly! You definitely worded it best.

link   

I posted in an earlier thread the companies that had been receiving tax dollars for the development of a vaccine on ebola, but lost the link.

Is about 13 companies all together and we only know of two that actually got a serum.

link   

originally posted by: DigitalJedi805

RIGHT!?

*facepalm*

Go download a fething free web template and copy and paste your text into it for the love of god.

Would you rather them make vaccines or websites?

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Well, at least there's "Salon Sol" right across the way from them, and a brewing company down the road...

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard

I'd rather know that they're a real company...

No REAL company ( Note the 3 that I referenced, that still manage to make vaccines? ) has a website of that quality... Period.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Osiris1953

I know about that other vaccine but do you think Glaxosmith took over and that is the vaccine they are working on?. this is the latest from Oct 1,

GlaxoSmithKline, NewLink working to bring Ebola vaccines online: WHO

(Reuters) - Both GlaxoSmithKline and NewLink Genetics are working to boost their capacity to make Ebola vaccines, with a goal of a "very significant increase in scale during the first half of 2015", the World Health Organization said on Wednesday.

Even under the best conditions, if the experimental vaccines are proven to be safe and confer protection in clinical trials, a significant number of doses will not be available until late in the first quarter of 2015, the WHO said.

GSK and NewLink are conducting phase 1 trials in healthy volunteers currently or soon in more than 10 sites in Africa, Europe and North America, the WHO said in a statement after hosting a two-day meeting of 70 experts.

Initial safety data was expected by year-end, with phase II trials early next year to generate more data.

"Both companies are working to augment their manufacturing capacity. The goal is a very significant increase in scale during the first half of 2015," the U.N. agency said.

www.reuters.com...

Now, I have no sympathy for the Liberian man if he intentionally came to the US infected, but with not experimental vaccine to be administered to him or any other person right now that may come infected, how are their chances of survival

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
There has been some slight discussion about this in parliament this afternoon, wherein the leader of the opposition asked whether the delay is being caused by intellectual property spat. Could Ebola vaccine delay be due to an intellectual property spat?

story here

But while there is some kind of delay, I'm wondering if the real reason has more to do with BigPharma companies playing hardball bullying with the tiny companies linked to the vaccine to begin with. It's a serious question, as we all know they will stop at nothing since this has the potential of producing megazillions. So while it is still an experimental vaccine, BigPharmas could be and probably are rushing to put out something of their own. In other words, there is no way in hell that the tiny lab can avoid the ant-squishing coup that BigPharmas are determined to undertake. My opinion, of course, but I would like to be proven wrong.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

That is the point I am trying to make and bring on, If ZMapp was soo successful with the people that it was administered to, why is now delays in production? a property spat? lord have mercy while people are dying by the thousands, it makes no sense.

Is outright criminal. It could be that those with the money and power are taking care of themselves first.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Well, look at their location. It must cost a fortune to rent that place out. Maybe they've burned through all their grant money?

That was sarcasm, btw.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

It's a good possibility. As unfortunate as it may be we would need big pharma's help in order to manufacture anything quickly enough to be used in the case of a large scale outbreak, or even a company like Intrexon (XON) which focuses on synthetic DNA and has 5 or 6 world class facilities in the US that could potentially help get medicine to the populace more quickly.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigitalJedi805

I'd rather know that they're a real company...

No REAL company ( Note the 3 that I referenced, that still manage to make vaccines? ) has a website of that quality... Period.

It's all about budget my friend. What do those other companies charge for their other lines of drugs?

You're basically bashing the little guy that's trying to help and has successfully helped because his clothes aren't designer brands and dated.

What's your definition of a "real" company too? I could use a good chuckle.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Well, look at their location. It must cost a fortune to rent that place out. Maybe they've burned through all their grant money?

That was sarcasm, btw.

They most likely sent that grant money to the ground zero countries in the form of vaccines.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

That was sarcasm, btw.

I got a laugh.

Anyone know how much they got granted?

I'd bet more than enouhh for 20 years worth of forward rent on an Old Navy store and enough to [here I go again] build a competent website...

The conspirator in the back of my head says:

"If you're going to coordinate a pandemic, tell the population you have it under control and there is a vaccine. Nobody will panic until it's too late."

Put that on top of a map like this and I believe we're looking at a coordinated outbreak. But that's just my feeling.

Bob the conspirator also says:

"Start the outbreak somewhere else and then assist the spread to the real masses in increasing doses in strategic locations."

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Actually many of these companies will have small offices in strip malls etc, and outsource a good portion and sometimes all of their R&D. They will have a proprietary formulation, and instead of paying for a lab, and researchers, and all everything part and parcel to pharmaceutical development they have other companies with established and well run labs do the actual work.... in exchange for milestone payments when they reach Phase 1, Phase 2, Phase 3 testing and/or approval. Once whatever the drug is, is on the market the company that did the legwork receive royalty payments. It's a win, win for everyone involved should the drug be approved.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Well, aboutface may be right, look at this, when you have soo many names behind the makers of a vaccine for deadly virus like ebola that can be call a biological weapon of mass destruction, you know that somebody wants to make a lot of money first.

His efforts to create an effective vaccine are funded by a $26 million National Institutes of Health grant awarded collaboratively with Profectus BioSciences, Tekmira Pharmaceuticals Corp. and the Vanderbilt University Medical Center.

www.usatoday.com...

Remember the dreaded Tekmira links to Rumsfeld?

Incredible.

This is the texas companies that the government just awarded millions to fast track the vaccine, so now ZMapp is out and Tekmira is taken over.

More evidence that Is about property rights and money to be made than helping people.

What a joke.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I'm implying that this entire corporation is entirely fabricated.

By a 'Real' company - I mean one that actually exists and produces things.

I'm not bashing anyone; I'm just asking for proof that they are doing what they say - as I have yet to see any.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

The website looks like something they'd assign to high school IT intern...

This is like hearing about a gourmet pizza place, where one can't get a reservation....and then finding out it's a Chuck-E-Cheese's.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Well when US award billions a year for manufacturers of vaccines we know that they are making at least millions in grand's.

vactruth.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join