It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials: Second person being monitored for Ebola

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: stuthealien

“Ring Around the Rosie” first appeared in Mother Goose in 1881. However, the nursery rhyme already enjoyed a colorful history by this point. It seems to have been recited in 18th century America and appeared in nineteenth century novels. The Old World poem seems to predate the American colonies as it has been associated with the London Plague of 1665 and the Black Death. The origin of the poem may actually rest with the original Black Death outbreak of the mid-fourteenth century. Under this interpretation, “Ring Around the Rosie” is actually a grim remembrance of a cataclysmic event as opposed to a cheery children's nursery rhyme.

Interesting...

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: stellawayten
Imho, I think we should all self quarantine for 21 days to slow down the spread. Unfortunately most people I know are in denial and they all live in texas very close to dallas. Everyone is going on about their day as usual.

Yes it amazes me, I brought this up this morning to a co-worker.

I said "Did you hear they have confirmed an Ebola case in Dallas?"
Her response "I don't watch the news any more, it is too depressing." Wow, just wow.
I think her nickname will be "Ostrich" from this point on...

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
How many children had contact with the patient?
How many of those children attended school and had contact with other children?
(think lunch, p.e., recess, bathrooms...)
How many of those newly exposed children went home to be tucked into bed with a nice little goodnight kiss from mommy?

My "poop hitting the fan" meter went up a notch today.

edit on 10/1/14 by AnonymousCitizen because: add graphic

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Humankind has always been at the mercy of the universe and nature. To blithely go through life without any preparedness for disaster, believing we are rarely under threat from any mishap is foolish (IMHO), from a singlular or a group standpoint, but it does seem to be a part of our collective M.O. in dealing with such things, doesn't it?

When the infected can just jump on airplanes and travel about freely, what does that say about the human species?

I'm not sure how this scenario will turn out, but I have little confidence in soundbytes meant to reassure the public. I have little confidence in the government whatsoever when it comes to any form of disaster.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousCitizen
Texax officials are having a presser right now. Dr. David Lakey is reminding us that Dallas isn't West Africa and "the chances of it being spread" are low. Hmm, would love to know why his great health system set loose a bio-threat for two days.

Source: CNN Live, better known as the "It's All Right, Sheeple, We'll Be Talking About Isis Soon" Network.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Second person...???
Shouldn't that be fourth person...
their already watching the 2 ambulance drivers who took this guy to the hospital... and they will be held for 21 days... Last I heard they still haven't figured out what to do with the ambulance itself... Probably have to scrap it I guess?

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
oh so according to this guy on TV right now, the first patient was given antibiotics for what they perceived as a virus, WHY?

Plus he told them where he came from and they still turned him away.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps
Nah, the Dallas officials sprayed it with bleach or somesuch--according to official "guidelines." The official
declined to say if the ambulance was put back into service.
Source: CNN Legal View (yeah, the You'll Be Told What We Think You Want To Hear channel)
We are witnessing a ball being dropped. How far it will roll is up to the gods.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
In the press conference now "The chance of Ebola spreading is very, very small." Oh really?! The fact they are down playing this frightens me even more.

The media blows up the slightest little thing & from what I've been seeing this morning it's all "move along, nothing to see here."

We should all be very worried IMO.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Up to twelve Americans could have Ebola: Fears grow in Dallas after first victim of deadly virus to reach US remained at large for a WEEK

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The more I hear the press releases about this, the less confidence I have.
They tell us this is hard to catch, possible but "not likely" to be able to catch from surfaces. Theoretically possible to catch from someone sneezing in your proximity, but "not likely".
Antibiotics given to this man when he first sought help. Why would antibiotics be given to a sick person if it's not known that the man had a bacterial infection? Antibiotics do nothing for viral Iinfections, and they are not supposed to be handed out freely due to developing antibiotic resistant bacteria.

It just seems like with even just a couple of people screwing up, this could be really really bad

I wish people could self quarantine for a month and be given that month relief from bills, rents, mortgages, loans, etc.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Whisper67

They are not telling the truth,he said only contact with bodily fluids, well I thought it could live on a surface for up to 60 days, plus everyone keeps ignoring the fact doctors got it with suits on

Why for the love of god are they letting flights in from these areas, it's insanity

The news media brow beat us twenty-four seven over the swine flu, and this they downplay

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

my point is the TPTB are downplaying this event and the title of this story
Officials: Second person being monitored for Ebola
is proof of that misleading statement...

it's not a """Second""" person being monitored/quarantined... this would be number "4"

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

I am at work.

Your link didnt work for me.

Can you repost it.

I told the girlfriend that if the toll hits 50 we are taking a paycheck and stocking the stockpile.

I am concerned as hell.
edit on 1-10-2014 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Lol I love how people are putting so much faith in government to tackle and control this Ebola mess. Are Americans really that stupid? Our government can't control or fix anything nowadays. Healthcare system is broken, democratic republican government is broken, the border is broken, our economy is broken, our foreign policy is an utter failure, even security at the White House is a complete mess!!! And people are putting their faith and judgement in the media and CDC telling them it's going to be alright! This isn't the swine flu hysteria this is much more serious and deadly. 5050 odds! This will spread like wildfire in the USA just watch. People better start preparing!
edit on 1-10-2014 by GreenMtnBoys because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: drwill

Perhaps the most tangible evidence of Ebola in Dallas is an ambulance parked in a city lot in Pleasant Grove, an area about 15 minutes southeast of downtown Dallas.

It's quarantined and roped off with red tape warning of a biohazard. Ambulance No. 37 carried the Ebola patient to Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital on Sunday morning.

link

edit on 1-10-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

link   

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I would like to point out that the head virologist/epidemiologist for the Texas hospital that is treating this ebola patient just stated that in the early days of the onset of symptoms that the test for ebola can give a false negative due to low viral count in the blood stream.

I take that as meaning that some patients could be tested and released on a false negative while actually being infected and contagious. That isn't very comforting if you ask me.
edit on 10/1/2014 by SpaDe_ because: positive/negative

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

it is four, probably 12 now

They are being way to quiet, and the news media is following orders

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SpaDe_
It certainly isn't. This virus, coupled with the CDC withholding info, seems to be creating a perfect storm.

Why the CDC claims it won't release Patient Z's flight info:
abcnews.go.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join