It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials: Second person being monitored for Ebola

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonymousCitizen

originally posted by: stellawayten

originally posted by: TDawg61

originally posted by: TDawg61
If I were in Dallas I'd definitely consider packing my bags and taking a small, unplanned vacation for a few days..somewhere else.And see how this developes over the next few days.
I have been begging my family to leave and come stay with me. They refuse.

Maybe its too soon to evacuate but I would certainly be monitoring all local news and social media very closely.

It will be too late before anyone says, okay evacuate.

It's time to close the Texas borders and restrict flights in and out of the state.
No, I'm not joking this time.

Can anyone explain why this should not happen?

Dow down 200+ points? Lol I hope the F'ing market tanks and Wallstreet loses it's rear!

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Texas is just about the only state with a good economy now. Quarantining Texas is the last straw for our diseased nation. The economic ripples would cause the greatest economic collapse in human history, and that's if every American in the country stayed perfectly calm which we know they won't.

This is the pandemic event modern society has been fearing for years. Shame it's not zombies. People are ready for zombies. Americans fear nothing more than a problem guns can't fix.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Jansy
It's probably different for each region. It never hurts to buy water, right? Or start filling containers from your tap. Probably the best thing you can do is to check the Ebola threads on ats. If you rely on MSM, you could miss the window of opportunity to hunker down.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I don't think the US should allow flights at all

edit on 013131p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

She lives here in the US and where the Liberian man resides.

Read here, www.frontpageafricaonline.com...

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I have been a long time lurker since about 2006, I have not had much to bring to the table until now and feel responsible to do so. The people on this site alerted me on the coming collapse in 2006 and I saved enough money from 2006 to 2008 to make it through the hard part of my layoff in 2008 to 2009. So as a repayment to all of you I will give you information I heard as a government employee yesterday before I heard about the patient in Texas.

Fact: An african-american (actually from africa) co-worker's wife died "suddenly" from "something that could happen to any of us" this was in a government e-mail.

Rumor yesterday from reliable coworker: The coworkers wife returned from visiting family in africa and died from ebola in Las Vegas, Nevada.

I have no confirmation yet if it was actually ebola or where she actually died, as the federal laws prohibit this information from being released.

It makes me sick that the government puts the economy before the health and welfare of the people. They say they can handle this and still play it down, this all makes me very nervous...time hide out soon? Food storage and weapons handy folks. Just be prepared as even FEMA states on their website.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

I agree, the problem is that the people coming from Africa after been screened, stop in other countries to take people in, by the time the arrive in the US it may be just one person coming from Africa and not the entire group of passengers.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: drwill

Oh no worries...I'm ready to hunker down, if need be.

And fortunately there's a whole one-and-a-half states between me and Dallas. So, I got nothing at all to worry about, right??

ETA: Of course, if chasingstardust has the correct info...I do have to worry a bit more. (But it's never foolish to be prepared. Hit the stores this weekend, folks...you don't know what's going to happen on Monday!)
edit on 1-10-2014 by Jansy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: chasingstardust

I have the feeling that it is something going on, the government hiding more than we imagine is going to start to sip out into the media.

Thanks for the info.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45
Texas is just about the only state with a good economy now. Quarantining Texas is the last straw for our diseased nation. The economic ripples would cause the greatest economic collapse in human history, and that's if every American in the country stayed perfectly calm which we know they won't.

This is the pandemic event modern society has been fearing for years. Shame it's not zombies. People are ready for zombies. Americans fear nothing more than a problem guns can't fix.

Wait, didn't we just send 30,000 troops to Africa to fight Ebola? You mean that won't help?

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousCitizen

That was just a gesture of our government fine way to show solidarity to needy countries that ask the mighty US for financial help.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ArchPlayer

Yup you caught us, we made Ebola to keep the black man down.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: chasingstardust

Fact: An african-american (actually from africa) co-worker's wife died "suddenly" from "something that could happen to any of us" this was in a government e-mail.

You should link this information here, "long time lurker ", not just claim inside "government employee" status, then state "facts".

Give us even one piece of "fact' we can verify for ourselves. I know, you can't.

At least you didn't say I know a guy who knows a guy…

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex
Perhaps some one can clarify for me. When they say that the patient was upgraded to "Serious", does that mean he was "Critical" before that?

Or did he go from "Stable" to a "Serious" condition?

He is still listed as critical in some stories. Generally when they say upgraded, they mean he is getting better or his conditions is less serious than it was, but conditions can go up and down.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousCitizen

3,000, not 30,000

But it won't matter. You can't use guns and troops to fix medieval attitudes.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonymousCitizen
How many children had contact with the patient?
How many of those children attended school and had contact with other children?
(think lunch, p.e., recess, bathrooms...)
How many of those newly exposed children went home to be tucked into bed with a nice little goodnight kiss from mommy?

My "poop hitting the fan" meter went up a notch today.

If none of those children were showing symptoms, then none of that matters. Even if they are incubating Ebola, they can't spread it until they start showing symptoms, and now that it is known they had contact, they won't be allowed back until they pass the 21 day threshold and remain a-symptomatic.

I am also guessing that the CDC is doing routine blood testing on all those exposed, too. I heard a report on the radio that the EMTs have so far all tested negative. After all, there will be a period before they become symptomatic when you will be able to detect the virus in a blood test, and if they find it then, they can really isolate the person in question before anyone else gets exposed.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shana91aus

originally posted by: whatnext21

Imho, I think we should all self quarantine for 21 days to slow down the spread. Unfortunately most people I know are in denial and they all live in texas very close to dallas. Everyone is going on about their day as usual.

Yes it amazes me, I brought this up this morning to a co-worker.

I said "Did you hear they have confirmed an Ebola case in Dallas?"
Her response "I don't watch the news any more, it is too depressing." Wow, just wow.
I think her nickname will be "Ostrich" from this point on...

Ugh!! I know soo many people who use that response when i am talking about current events, when will they realise ignorance is not bliss! everything isnt rainbows and candy just because they choose to ignore everything bad going on around them. Ostrich.. Haha i love it.

My workplace is different. There were only two subjects today:

The Royals ... and Ebola.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

The enterovirus-68 is a relative of the poliovirus. They come from the same family. They say that there is no evidence that it is causing the rash of muscle weakness and paralysis in children, but ...

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I live in Dallas and I'm not worried. I'm gonna continue going to the gym, work, and restaurants as usual.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
I live in Dallas and I'm not worried. I'm gonna continue going to the gym, work, and restaurants as usual.

Much more interested in any information you may come up with in the next few days, weeks. There is a rumor mill and then there are boots on the ground.

You are there.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join