It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials: Second person being monitored for Ebola

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonymousCitizen
The "officials" and the "media" are playing fast and loose with the vocabulary here, as usual.

"transmissible" vs. "contagious"
"airborne" vs "aerosol contact"
"symptomatic" vs. "transmissible"

Some of this is ignorance, some of it is pure dishonesty.

The 2007 updated CDC Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee (HICPAC) infection control guidance defines droplet transmission as a form of contact transmission in which respiratory droplets carrying infectious pathogens transmit infection when they travel directly from the respiratory tract of the infectious individual to susceptible mucosal surfaces (nasal mucosa, conjunctivae, and less frequently, the mouth) of a recipient, "generally over short distances, necessitating facial protection."[34] For diseases classified as being transmitted by the droplet route, surgical masks are recommended to protect the mouth and nose. The guidance also states that although 5 µm has traditionally been defined as the particle size break point distinguishing between larger particles (droplet transmission) and smaller particles (airborne transmission), observations of particle dynamics have demonstrated that a range of droplet sizes, including those with diameters of 30 μm or greater, can remain suspended in the air. Influenza virus is an example of a pathogen transmitted by the droplet route.

The HICPAC guidance defines airborne transmission as dissemination of either airborne droplet nuclei or small particles in the respirable size range containing infectious agents that remain infective over time and distance. It states that microorganisms carried in this manner may be dispersed over long distances by air currents and may be inhaled by susceptible individuals who have not had face-to-face contact with (or been in the same room with) the infectious individual.

Seems they are confused and have no idea what they are talking about rather than deliberately using conflicting terms to try and be deceitful...

Link to quoted info from Medscape

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45
Texas is just about the only state with a good economy now. Quarantining Texas is the last straw for our diseased nation. The economic ripples would cause the greatest economic collapse in human history, and that's if every American in the country stayed perfectly calm which we know they won't.

This is the pandemic event modern society has been fearing for years. Shame it's not zombies. People are ready for zombies. Americans fear nothing more than a problem guns can't fix.

But it is zombies! www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Absolutely no need to panic even if you're in or around one of the areas with infected people. Virus outbreaks are not the problem. Our weakened immune system is the real issue, not the continued onslaught of new pandemics, viruses, bacteria and other pathogens we may come in contact with. Not a problem if you keep your immune system strong and don’t consume things that weaken it like vaccines and fluoride to name just a few! In case you haven’t kept your natural immunity up as good as you should, here are a few things that you can do to help that (and some simple remedies in case you come in contact with whatever “outbreak of the month” is spreading at the time: Ebola Virus vs Natural Immunity

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: homeopath

Well that is why they have been spraying us with Barium and aluminum among others. The mix does one thing well and that is weaken our immune system very bad.

Doctor dons Ebola protection suit to protest ‘asleep at the wheel’ CDC

“If they’re not lying, they are grossly incompetent,” said Mobley, a microbiologist and emergency trauma physician from Springfield, Mo.

For them to say last week that the likelihood of importing an Ebola case was extremely small was a real bad call,” he said. “Once this disease consumes every third world country, as surely it will, because they lack the same basic infrastructure as Sierra Leone and Liberia, at that point, we will be importing clusters of Ebola on a daily basis,” Mobley predicted. “That will overwhelm any advanced country’s ability to contain the clusters in isolation and quarantine. That spells bad news.”

“Yesterday, I came through international customs at the Atlanta airport,” the doctor told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “The only question they asked arriving passengers is if they had tobacco or alcohol.”

www.ajc.com...

Bet that makes you all feel warm and fuzzy lol. Seriously this Ebola outbreak was classified as a worst case scenario years ago by the CDC and now its no big deal to them.

I have seen more than one program on TV about a pandemic just like this and Ebola being the culprit, they specifically said if Ebola mutates and does not kill the host quick like it normally does then the world is in major trouble. They said the first line of defense was to shut down air traffic from the effected areas yet they cant even do that, let alone the specific countries that are ravaged by it.

That tells me one thing. They want this to break out bad in the states. This bug was in the guys system so do not tell me he did not spread it all over the place. Not contagious unless showing symptoms my ass! That is like going to the hospital with the flu and them telling you that you don't have the flu just cause you don't have a fever at that time.

Because of Obamacare, nobody cares! Its all down hill from here people. Watch how many doctors retire now!

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Apparently, unless you have symptoms, you cannot infect anyone else. I live in Dallas, and people are going about their days as usual. As for me as well, however, I am making a stop by the whole foods store to get me some Wellness Formula, Oregano Oil, and any other natural bacteria kills to limit my chance of getting anything incase of an outbreak.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Jumping in here, I apologize if this has already been posted. Saw this on breakingnews.com.

Yale Students Returning from Liberia to Sequester Themselves

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: homeopath

The article you posted said that there are people in New Mexico who have Ebola and are missing from clinics. Is that recent news?

Has anyone heard anything about that?

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: chasingstardust

I'm replying this morning to apologize to you, you were trying to inform us of something after all. Just got it a little mixed up…

Have you seen this?

Last page this thread…

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You know me.. killin' it with my google skillz.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Luvablejade
What I don't understand is if Ebola is only contracted by contact with bodily fluids, then what fluids did the children possibly come into contact with??!!??! Not only the children but the 80 or so people that are under observation?

I'm sorry, but this sounds to me as if there is another way for transmission.

It just doesn't make sense. Aids is transferred by bodily fluids and the amount of caution does not seem as elevated as it is with the Ebola

There is no evidence they came into contact with any bodily fluids. It is only spread via bodily fluids, but humans are generally leaky, so if they were close to the infected man then they will need to be watched. Like if he wiped his nose, or coughed in his hand and then touched a door handle they touched and then they kids touched their face or didn't wash their hands before eating.

I kinda expect to see at least one, and maybe a few more cases caused by this man. I think the gf and 3 other people in the house (who are staying, isolated, in the house he was vomiting and sick in! If I was in there with him, after he was taken i'd go somewhere else to isolate anywhere where he hadn't been to leave shed virus.)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShakeNBake
Apparently, unless you have symptoms, you cannot infect anyone else. I live in Dallas, and people are going about their days as usual. As for me as well, however, I am making a stop by the whole foods store to get me some Wellness Formula, Oregano Oil, and any other natural bacteria kills to limit my chance of getting anything incase of an outbreak.

Look... I don't mean to be a dick but how is oregano oil going to kill Ebola? Ebola is a virus not a bacteria and it's extremely hardy.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
So how soon before you start showing symptoms? This is what is so unclear to me......so if I start noticing that I'm showing symptoms at 5:00 pm, wouldn't it be fair to say that I actually started presenting symptoms around 3:00 pm but being a busy mom picking up kids at school, doing errands I actually didn't notice the symptoms? Maybe passing it off as being tired or stressed out (as usual)

I've also read that the virus has the capability of surviving on hard surfaces,....so everything I touched from 3:00 pm would be infected, clothing, door knobs at post office, the grocery cart at the local food store to my kids clothing.

This virus scares the crap outta me and just like you am planning on beefing up my families immune system because I don't believe that this is going away anytime soon.

a reply to: ShakeNBake

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join