It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials: Second person being monitored for Ebola

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: whatnext21

originally posted by: stellawayten
Imho, I think we should all self quarantine for 21 days to slow down the spread. Unfortunately most people I know are in denial and they all live in texas very close to dallas. Everyone is going on about their day as usual.

Yes it amazes me, I brought this up this morning to a co-worker.

I said "Did you hear they have confirmed an Ebola case in Dallas?"
Her response "I don't watch the news any more, it is too depressing." Wow, just wow.
I think her nickname will be "Ostrich" from this point on...

Ugh!! I know soo many people who use that response when i am talking about current events, when will they realise ignorance is not bliss! everything isnt rainbows and candy just because they choose to ignore everything bad going on around them. Ostrich.. Haha i love it.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
If I were in Dallas I'd definitely consider packing my bags and taking a small, unplanned vacation for a few days..somewhere else.And see how this developes over the next few days.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonymousCitizen
How many children had contact with the patient?
How many of those children attended school and had contact with other children?
(think lunch, p.e., recess, bathrooms...)
How many of those newly exposed children went home to be tucked into bed with a nice little goodnight kiss from mommy?

My "poop hitting the fan" meter went up a notch today.

five schools in Dallas have a student thay has been exposed. Guess what they are doing to help... hiring more custodians. Shut down the freaking schools you idiots!!!

link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

I read on another thread that up to 125 people may have been exposed.

I haven't been able to find any credible information regarding that number.
(doesn't necessary mean it's not true though)

link   
a reply to: SpaDe_

Our ERs are in NO shape to handle the influx of patients this will cause. ERs are already a complete disaster! They can barely move through regular day to day patients. My hospital is a L2 trauma center and our average wait time is 5+ hours on an average busy day. Where are these Ebola patients going to wait? Triage them outside in tents? Winter is coming in many parts of the country. Ebola IS HERE PEOPLE! The military better start preparing advanced medical isolation units to be dispatched all across the country! Movies are made and books are written about this crap and like one commentator said The Hot Zone is exactly how this crap kicks off even though it's fiction! Biggest vector is airline travel!

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

I'm less worried about Ebola down in Texas than I am about
Denver-area children stricken by partial paralysis puzzle neurologists here in Colorado...

There 10 of these kids in the Hospital right now and doctors still don't know they why's and what-for's ... this comes on top of the 900+ sick kinds we had with that enterovirus 68 deal...

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
If I were in Dallas I'd definitely consider packing my bags and taking a small, unplanned vacation for a few days..somewhere else.And see how this developes over the next few days.
I have been begging my family to leave and come stay with me. They refuse.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I gotta tell this story, this shows me why I shouldn't be surprised by anything now days,

I text my friend, the nurse with the bachelors degree, last night, I said in the text, Ebola is here, in Texas, she said.

WHO?

Obviously she is clueless, which is scary
edit on 123131p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit to say I told her to google it, sheese
edit on 013131p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenMtnBoys

here too, the ERs are a disaster, a couple weeks ago my daughter had a diabetic seizure with memory loss, she had to wait hours in the waiting room, I was shocked, she should have been seen right away.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

well it wouldn't surprise me.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousCitizen

1. Everything is being monitored...It's a real SIMS game and a whole lot more than the following link. www.abbreviations.com...
2. Everything is contained- They just pretend its not contained.
3. Its a test to see what your snapping point is.

No mystery.
edit on 1-10-2014 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777
A local hospital had an in-service yesterday about electronic orders (MD)--totally unrelated to disease. The concern was to make sure that Joint Commission didn't find an "I" that wasn't dotted. I can verify that Ebola isn't on this hospital's radar. Out in the community, the response is very much like your BSRN friend's.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: HardCorps

Denver-area children stricken by partial paralysis puzzle neurologists here in Colorado...

There 10 of these kids in the Hospital right now and doctors still don't know they why's and what-for's ... this comes on top of the 900+ sick kinds we had with that enterovirus 68 deal...
Thats terrible! No I have not heard the news of this.WTH is going on?

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus

Me too all my friends are like that, not interested in what is happening around them, clueless and lovin it

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whisper67
In the press conference now "The chance of Ebola spreading is very, very small." Oh really?! The fact they are down playing this frightens me even more.

The media blows up the slightest little thing & from what I've been seeing this morning it's all "move along, nothing to see here."

We should all be very worried IMO.

It frightens me aswell that they are downplaying it so damn much oh and not to mention all the holes in their stories and half the stuff the CDC saying not even adding up! here in Australia i couldn't find any articles on Australian News sites for ages after i had read on here that the guy had tested positive in the US and then while i had the evening news on i was waiting and waiting too see if it would even be mentioned and it was the very last story, and this is from a news station thats like the Aussie equivelant of CNN, its odd because they cover alot of other stuff like right at the top of the headlines while all this Ebola stuff was happening today was how Obama was in a elevator with a convicted criminal who had a gun and how precious Obama is - don't worry about all the Americans lives that he is responsible for though that could be at risk to Ebola! Everything about this makes me really sad and angry, when its so obvious what they should be doing but theyre just going backwards and getting sloppy.

link   

Maybe its too soon to evacuate but I would certainly be monitoring all local news and social media very closely.

link   

originally posted by: HardCorps

Hmmm maybe because polio is from the enterovirus family and the over vaccination of our kids is causing the virus the mutate or their immune systems are so screwed up they can't fight off the enteroviruses anymore. Many of which can cause actue flaccid paralysis. This is why nonpolio acute flaccid paralysis is sky rocketing in India even though polio is on the decline.
edit on 1-10-2014 by GreenMtnBoys because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Schoolchildren exposed in US Ebola scare: Texas governor Rick Perry reveals fears for kids and says 18 Americans may have virus

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Dont worry. You dealing with professionals...they been at this for some 60,000 years.
relax. You are more than Fight, Flight, and primitive Instinct

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Maybe its too soon to evacuate but I would certainly be monitoring all local news and social media very closely.

It will be too late before anyone says, okay evacuate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join