It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials: Second person being monitored for Ebola

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

Rhode Island Child Dies From Complications Of Enterovirus That Has Been Affecting Kids Nationwide

connecticut.cbslocal.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Its incomprehensible to me that people can live their life like that. One day it will catch up on them though, and sadly thats usually always when its too late! Its scary that people like that are the ones that would more than likely catch Ebola, and stupid people is one of the things that will fuel the spread.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Official: 5 kids had contact with Ebola patient

link

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreenMtnBoys

originally posted by: HardCorps

I'm less worried about Ebola down in Texas than I am about
Denver-area children stricken by partial paralysis puzzle neurologists here in Colorado...

There 10 of these kids in the Hospital right now and doctors still don't know they why's and what-for's ... this comes on top of the 900+ sick kinds we had with that enterovirus 68 deal...

Hmmm maybe because polio is from the enterovirus family and the over vaccination of our kids is causing the virus the mutate or their immune systems are so screwed up they can't fight off the enteroviruses anymore. Many of which can cause actue flaccid paralysis. This is why nonpolio acute flaccid paralysis is sky rocketing in India even though polio is on the decline.

wow, great information,

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Here is a link to the local Dallas station.

Note: The reporters questions are silenced. ???????

link

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
They really need to quit pussyfooting around and get the guys name and location with the flight he was on and all the placed he was at out to the public so this can be dealt with quickly
edit on 1-10-2014 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

I noticed that too. But I thought maybe it was just me not listening close enough.

They have to be keeping alot of things from the public. Heck, they don't even know what the hell is going on.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet
I also noticed that. Glad I wasn't the only one. The presser was almost scripted: very vanilla, canned speeches.

edit on 1-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrLimpet
a reply to: drwill

It's quarantined and roped off with red tape warning of a biohazard.

Well thank the Lord that the virus cannot pass over a red piece of tape...
edit on 10/1/14 by AnonymousCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: stellawayten

originally posted by: TDawg61

If I were in Dallas I'd definitely consider packing my bags and taking a small, unplanned vacation for a few days..somewhere else.And see how this developes over the next few days.
I have been begging my family to leave and come stay with me. They refuse.

Maybe its too soon to evacuate but I would certainly be monitoring all local news and social media very closely.

It will be too late before anyone says, okay evacuate.

I agree.The problem is there wouldn't be any evacuation order given.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Here's a list of the schools that the exposed children went to.

In a news conference early Wednesday afternoon, Dallas ISD Superintendent Mike Miles revealed that five children from four district schools were possibly exposed to the virus.

Miles identified the schools as:

•Conrad High School
•Tasby Middle School
•Hotchkiss Elementary School
•Dan D. Rogers Elementary

The patient who was diagnosed with the Ebola virus was staying at a northeast Dallas apartment complex, according to a Dallas police spokesman.

Lt. Joel Lavender confirmed the patient was transported from the Ivy Apartments to Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas on September 28.

Due to close contact with the diagnosed patient, a second person is under the close monitoring of health officials as a possible second patient, said the director of Dallas County's health department Wednesday morning in an interview with WFAA.

link

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Ok, thanks to another posted this the latest,

Just in case nobody had posted this before,

Second patient in quarantine is a the Liberian men girlfriend, she is not symptomatic, the children are not symptomatic either

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousCitizen

Let me just say that television has been warning us about this for five years. The Strain and Contagion come to mind, let alone 28 days Later, 28 weeks Later, and even Outbreak. I look at things like that as a test run on the populace ignorance.

Now, as far as Ebola...ITS BEEN HERE. It just didn't get to the states, its been out there. What we have is a combination of dishonesty from our government, corporations, and news outlets to provoke fear and panic so they can declare marshall law, or some other restrictive repressive bull#.

Ebola, is looking just like the AIDS Pandemic to me. People are going on and on about "countries not giving Africa help" but face facts - AFRICA HAS BEEN THE TESTING GROUND FOR THESE AGENTS SINCE DAY ONE. Like AIDS, Ebola has been specifically targeted for a certain demographic, and like AIDS it will mutate in kind with a little help from the lab.

If people think this just "happened", they need to check the Tuskeegee Experiment, and look at the protocols behind the AIDS drugs in the 1960s first.

Wash rinse and repeat people. Chill out.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Here is a tidbit from ABC News online re-posted from the AP:

Mai Wureh told The Associated Press that her brother, Thomas Eric Duncan, went to a Dallas emergency room on Friday and was sent home with antibiotics. He returned two days later after his condition worsened and was admitted to Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital.

ABC News Link

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

If I were in Dallas I'd definitely consider packing my bags and taking a small, unplanned vacation for a few days..somewhere else.And see how this developes over the next few days.
I have been begging my family to leave and come stay with me. They refuse.

Maybe its too soon to evacuate but I would certainly be monitoring all local news and social media very closely.

It will be too late before anyone says, okay evacuate.

It's time to close the Texas borders and restrict flights in and out of the state.
No, I'm not joking this time.

Can anyone explain why this should not happen?

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Why would they allow flights from affected areas?

You think these people are going to make a wise decision?

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

But then how do you know when "too soon to evacuate" becomes "too late to leave?"

Granted I am a glass-half-full-with-a-crack-in-it-and-dirty-water-as-well...but this scares me spitless. I think I would most definitely err on the side of super-caution when it came to my family vs. Ebola.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

Why would they allow flights from affected areas?

You think these people are going to make a wise decision?

They should not.

No, I don't think they will make a wise decision. They will wait until several more people are confirmed positive when closing the borders will no longer help.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Actually they are restricted, warnings has been given to Americans flying to any country in Africa, the screening is going on before people leave from Africa it was another men infected but was restricted after he flew to Lagos, this Liberian man was not showing symptoms until he arrived in the US, the problem is that here in the US he was not monitored by authorizes after coming from a ebola hot spot and visiting family so the problem was here in the US.

edit on 1-10-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Second patient in quarantine is a the Liberian men girlfriend, she is not symptomatic, the children are not symptomatic either

Did his girlfriend come with him from Liberia or was she already living here with the family he came to visit?

Were they all staying in the apartment that he was picked up in?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join