It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wheels and Axle? caught by Mars Rover Curiosity?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Entheogenic

Yes you probably are the only one, because everyone else probably clicked on the Link to NASA's JPL and seen it for themselves.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld
I never said this image was fake.

My point is that whilst you'll get people on here denouncing NASA as masters of fakery, there are plenty of examples of fakery in the conspiracy world that pushes the other way, and if these items happen to support a person's beliefs i.e. intelligent life on Mars then it's touted as "proof".

Objectivity gets thrown out the window.

I've said it before, I am, and many others on here are, quite open to the idea that there could be evidence of these theories, however, unless there is supporting evidence, strong supporting evidence, then this is just a picture of rocks. Why? It's called skepticism, and one needs it, because unless you have a healthy level of skepticism you definitely will be taken for a ride. I'm telling you, there are people on this thread who have no cutoff point, except if the information contradicts their already held convictions, then they're all about throwing accusations of "shill", "gov agent" and "drone" around the place. You should think about this, this behaviour is exactly the same as a religious belief system, we all know how religious zealots get when somebody challenges their paradigm, and if you value your sanity you should avoid such modes of thought like the plague.

edit on 4-10-2014 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Nope, not my style. First you have the limits of the tech. The new user a few posts ago, Entheogenic, who tried to educate people about pixelazation and the other pitfalls brought about by not knowing the limits of the equipment, had it right. The distance from the camera in these Mars pictures throws a wrench into what we 'think we see' (remember the Mars wrench that was all the rage for a few weeks, and then a picture from a different angle showed it to be made up of several rocks?). The other thing is to really observe. Take this picture in question. Really look at it. Look where the shadows of the other objects in the picture, and what is shadow and what isn't. Look at the rocks which make up the object, and how they are much larger than the optical illusion itself.

I've seen many potentials on Mars bite the dust (literally) when the Rover gets closer and shows another angle of the scene, or a closer angle of the same object. This started for me early in the anomalies thread (even as this thread has wooed and wowed folks here, people like Blue Shift, funbox, and jeep have continued to post credible objects on that thread) when I discovered a possible skeleton on Mars. I was gently told how it was a creation of the limits of the camera and the effect that blowing up these pictures creates. Then I learned it for myself over time. Here is the skeleton which isn't there, in time for the Halloween Circuit.

edit on 4-10-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
a reply to: skyblueworld

Because there are reasons for the real lies and only imaginary ones created by you guys for the imaginary lies about aliens.

Which lie about Aliens?

Do you think there is life beyond this planet? (I'm guessing you're educated enough to say there probably is)

Is it remotely possible they went to Mars or even Earth? Unlikely but there is a possibility? Absolutely, because it is possible it happened, whether it was last week or 3 billion years ago. It might be 99% against and 1% for, but it's still higher than 0%.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
nm
edit on 5-10-2014 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: seabhac-rua

The sad state that humanity is in also exhibits itself on threads like this.

A rock field.

A bunch of dedicated people attempting to find shapes and patterns in these rocks in order to what?

Prove that there is/was intelligent life on Mars? You tell me.

That's the thing with obsession, another lamentable human trait, it can be found to be prevalent with people who start out with a premise and look for anything that will support that premise, regardless of the actual reality of the subject. This is what is wrong with the conspiracy 'world', very wrong. The truth has become irrelevant to some people.

This isn't pareidolia, this is about trying to establish, desperately in some cases, a validity to already held beliefs.

Then we get the "champions of the truth" like your good self, and others on here, who weigh in with the sentiment that you're all surrounded by agents of deception and the world is lost to the powers of corruption, all you're really doing is diminishing objectivity and bolstering delusion. There is zero supporting evidence to go with this image for example, it's probably 99.99999% a natural feature, so tell me why people are will to throw away reason and indulge in fantasy so easily?

You keep speaking about the truth, as if you have actually been following it all these years. I can see clearly that you manipulate the truth so that you can come from a place where every other debunker and defamer like you seems to originate on solid ground. You don't use self discover in forming your opinions, you do exactly the opposite, you put on labels to everything you don't like about these conspiracies and generally say they are just junk to you. Why the hell are you wasting your time here with a bunch of crazies then?

I'm also not diminishing anyone's objectivity, as they have their own mind to see and make objections with. I'm only diminishing yours, because you rely on "nothing to see here" and mine isn't that way at all, so naturally, your view takes a beating in that scenario.

The only thing of substance I am hearing from you is that this conspiracy site isn't something you enjoy. You don't buy into those. You don't even examine them anyways, since you already feel they are garbage. Forget looking at the facts, you already know them. No need to waste time pondering anything. A perfect circle all the way around, with another one at the very center of that, (and it doesn't even have to be that good) is not, nor could it be a random thing when it is an object sitting on some old planet. This wasn't an ultimatum that it IS that, but that a perfect circle, circular disk even better, with a right angle connecting to another one isn't natural. It can't be both if it is a perfect circular object.

Bleh, waste of time anyways. If you don't like it here, then please don't tell me, just complain! Tell them you hate conspiracies! complaints

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Yes Nocorruption, I'm also continually amazed by certain posters on this site who turn up their noses at most or all conspiracies and mock/insult those who are just investigating/doing research!!!! The pictures in the OP definitely are worth some scrutiny.

Yet this is one of the world's foremost conspiracy sites! What were they expecting???

A person can only come to one of two conclusions. These are either A) extremely unhappy miserable people who only get some mental relief by making others miserable and are possible mentally unstable, or B) probably just paid internet sock puppets/disinfo agents with an agenda to keep certain secrets/knowledge and muddy the waters on others, the best way to do so being to discredit/insult those investigating the coverups.

See this great ATS thread for disinfo tactics:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
*** ATTENTION ***

GET ON TOPIC and the TOPIC ISN'T EACH OTHER.

(post by funbox removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by seabhac-rua removed for a manners violation)
(post by seabhac-rua removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: seabhac-rua

I hate to be the bearer , but I don't think hes going to answer yet, being offline and all.. albeit you didn't really give him a chance..

but you seem to be up for a challenge, there's been some odd looking markings found upon the rover itself after recent drilling operations , care to proffer your astute observational capability there , quite a few theory's are springing up , maybe you can add to the affray

funbox

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: funbox

....and this has what exactly to do with the "axel on mars"?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join