It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 96
<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justaposter
Well guess what??

Ain't no party like an Ebola party!!! Jesse Jackson to the rescue!

www.wfaa.com...

there is also a video included with the news story.. I am sorry I don't know how to add that. But it is a doozy..

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Well guess what??

www.wfaa.com...

there is also a video included with the news story.. I am sorry I don't know how to add that. But it is a doozy..

He's still alive...so I don't get what they are complaining about.

I saw a clip on the morning news over the weekend where the girlfriend was complaining about the care Duncan was receiving and "America could do better" or some such. I get that it's a frustrating situation but I'm sure the doctors aren't being negligent and it isn't like they can just whip out the magic ebola wiper outer and cure him.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: judydawg

That's what I figured as well... the timing of Big Tobacco buying up the mass producers an ebola vaccine when they did seemed worth looking into. I've seen some questionable threads in the Pandemics and General Conspiracies forums with some way out there theories that include shady source material and they've remained right were they are. Not exactly sure why this bit of investigation would be relegated to ATS Skunk Works.

Not to mention that I had a couple of posters in there going way off topic and turning it into a discussion on the pros and cons of tobacco use in general with no help from the mods.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gully

Well guess what??

www.wfaa.com...

He's still alive...so I don't get what they are complaining about.

I saw a clip on the morning news over the weekend where the girlfriend was complaining about the care Duncan was receiving and "America could do better" or some such. I get that it's a frustrating situation but I'm sure the doctors aren't being negligent and it isn't like they can just whip out the magic ebola wiper outer and cure him.

HOW could we possibly do better? Maybe Jesse Jackson will pay his bill.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Looks like four people in Spain are in the hospital as a precautionary measure. The article also states that 22 people are being monitored. They were in contact with the nurse who is infected.

Spain: Four Hospitalized, 22 Monitored Over Ebola Concerns

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

That last was not aimed at you, btw.

Didn't figure since all you posted agreed with me. The Ebola virus can be found in the bowels of canines. So if they puke or poop and you have to clean it up, you stand a chance of contracting the virus.

Wiki Ebola virus

Basically says that Ebola does not split and multiply. It has to go through a series of events, basically impregnating cells then it blooms and destroys the cell it was in - obviously a bad thing. BUT in order for that to happen one thing must be present. A cholesterol transporter protein NPC1 must be present in order for it to impregnate the cell beginning the replication program which makes its host sick. In case studies with mice, most the mice did not have NPC1 therefore Ebola did not phase them. Because Ebola was not capable of infecting and spreading throughout the body it was only found in the bowels.

My guess is the dogs do not have this either. Which is why they can carry it in their bowels when they eat a contaminated substance but it never makes them sick. Therefore it is only in their bowels. The percentages of dogs that have it in areas where humans have not been affected is so close to the percentage of dogs that have it in areas where people are sick, backs up that theory.

All that being said, I would think they would be looking into the food supply.

edit on OctTue, 07 Oct 2014 17:49:36 -050036.thpm363614p by mrsdudara because: (no reason given)

edit on OctTue, 07 Oct 2014 17:50:07 -050007.thpm070714p by mrsdudara because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Gully

How could we have done better? Start experimental meds immediately instead of waiting a week...like we have for every other patient. Call the family so they don't have to learn he has Ebola from The NEWS.

For starters...

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I have calmed down enough after reading and watching Jesse Jackson's accusation about the hospital not treating Thomas Duncan because he didn't have insurance to ask one question.

If no one treated him on his first trip to the hospital how did he get the antibiotics?
edit on 7-10-2014 by 2gd2btru because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
CNN confirms the girl who died in Liberia who Mr. Duncan may have caught it from, was not diagnosed until after he left for America. She also did not have normal symptoms you would associate with Ebola and was 7 months pregnant, after a difficult pregnancy.

Also another nurse's assistant in Spain likely has Ebola now. She is one of 4 in quarantine.

All breaking now on CNN.
edit on 7-10-2014 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

Looks like it's either a lot easier to catch than previously thought or there was a major misstep with something in their personal protective equipment.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
CNN confirms the girl who died in Liberia who Mr. Duncan may have caught it from, was not diagnosed until after he left for America. She also did not have normal symptoms you would associate with Ebola

They took her to an Ebola treatment facility so it must have been concerning enough.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: stellawayten

Oh my goodness, I am intrigued. Ok since Hitler has yet to be brought into this discussion, I guess I will mention Malevolent Alien agenda.

Since I already believe that we are on the precipice of the 6Th Great extinction, and that this is being facilitated in the shadows by forces outside anything humanity presently is prepared to comprehend or accept as it forces change in DNA that currently would eclipse even the most shocking sci-fi thrillers, who in this era do you see as the Pure Race or the Pure carriers of the Human Gene?

Who in the end, who in history will survive with their DNA in tact? At the current rate of instability we are all at risk of either the infection or the vaccines and medicines on the roster for our deliverance from this plague.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: mrsdudara

So good to see you in this thread, one thing that has been really bothering me is how the media and even data are pointing the finger at anything that they can, I worry about global animal abuses already, and fear that while we send out our hearts and prayers to the sickened, abandoned and orphaned, the animals can use a good measure of heart energy sent their way too.

In the back of my mind, I have wondered if humanity has brought this on as a type of Karma, if this is the cause and effect of the laboratory experiments on nature, animals.

Humanity overtaking Nature, forcing unnatural mating of different species, the energy of a hundreds of decades of animal misuse and torture. If Gaia theory is correct we have it coming in spades.
edit on pm1031pmTue, 07 Oct 2014 20:05:10 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

DALLAS — Ebola patient Thomas Eric Duncan told his fiancee the day he was diagnosed last week that he regrets exposing her to the deadly virus and had he known he was carrying Ebola, he would have “preferred to stay in Liberia and died than bring this to you,” a family friend said.

“He apologized to Louise the day they told him what he had,” said Saymendy Lloyd, a close friend of Louise Troh, the fiancee of Duncan, who is in critical condition and no longer responsive. “He told her, ‘I’m so sorry all of this is happening. . . . I would not put the love of my life in danger.’ ”

Family members gathered in Dallas and were able to see Duncan Monday via a laptop camera in his room at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital. “He is not responsive at all. They said he was drugged and they put him in deep sleep,” said Lloyd, who was with the family.

She said the family members were saddened by the sight of Duncan.

“The mother, this was the first time seeing her son since he got to the States. She has not seen him for 12 years, and the first time she saw him was through a monitor,” said Lloyd. “She was very, very emotional. She told him to be strong, that she is praying for him, that she loves him and God is able to do all things.” Duncan’s mother lives in North Carolina.

Duncan’s 19-year-old son, a Texas college student who has not seen his father since he was 3 years old in Liberia, also visited the hospital along with Troh on Tuesday night.

Troh, who is in mandated isolation in Dallas with her 13-year-old son and two other people, spoke by phone to Lloydand told her about family? .

As Duncan fights for his life, Texas health officials are bracing for a critical week in Dallas, where they are watching for any signs that as many as 48 people who had contact with Duncan may develop symptoms of Ebola. Health officials say the incubation period for the disease is 21 days, but it could appear eight to 10 days after exposure.

1) So NO they didn't find out from the news.

2) Why can't the family see him from the computer and laptop camera from North Carolina.

3) So Troh is at the hospital while being "in isolation". How is that possible?

4) When did it go from 100+ people to 48. What does it even matter, the fiance is AT THE HOSPITAL.

Source
edit on 7-10-2014 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

I am not questioning you but here the hospitals are the ebola treatment centers. I would read any information available. Was it the nearest healthcare?

I do want to give credit to CNNs coorespondent Nima Elbagir who has been investigating this story. I am still looking for tonight's coverage that I watched, but here is a link to her story yesterday.

CNN transcript

This is a very dangerous story for her to cover and she is impressive in the depth and sources she has found first-hand.

Liberia seems to underestimate its cases, unless of course it is the one that causes a case from a main country providing aid $$$ (that doesn't necessarily wind up where it should.)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

Right none of this is a cohesive story, only a lie can change so many times.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I will try and get your infobthere tomorrow a reply to: adomol

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I will share my source for that and exact quote, that's really all I can do.

Turned away from a hospital for lack of space in its Ebola treatment ward, the family said it took Ms. Williams back home in the evening, and that she died hours later, around 3 a.m.

Source
edit on 7-10-2014 by ValentineWiggin because: used the wrong quote brackets

edit on 7-10-2014 by ValentineWiggin because: twice

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin

1) So NO they didn't find out from the news.

Youngor found out from the news which is who I have been talking about. She said it in a phone interview with CNN.

Alarming Claims Made by ‘Stepdaughter’ of Dallas Ebola Patient Likely Won’t Help Restore Confidence in CDC’s Handling of Case

Firstly, Youngor Jallah claimed she found out that Duncan was diagnosed with the deadly Ebola virus on the news. She told Berman that no official with the CDC or other agency called to inform her.

Source
edit on 7-10-2014 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I'm surprised her mother wouldn't tell her?

Musing out loud there, you are right though it is alarming that the CDC did not contact them all at the same time.
edit on 7-10-2014 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 93  94  95    97  98  99 >>

join