It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 99
<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

I have thought about it, and chances are, he was too far gone for current experimental meds to be effective.

The point is, nobody knows exactly what the timing of things are, and everybody is playing the CYA game right now. What we do know is, EVERYBODY dropped the ball on this.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Justaposter

Let's hope nobody else "thought about it" as justified to withhold experimental medications from him for a week. That pre-meditated thing comes to mind.

I doubt he was any further gone than the first two victims we brought back to America but I've no doubt the questions will be asked since his treatment differed.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
10 days in the Death and Dying stage even with the best medical help America has to offer.

Sept.16th
Comes into contact w/ Pregnant woman

Sept. 20th
Air Travel

Sept 25th
Given antibiotic treatment and sent home

Sept. 28th
Transported to hospital in ambulance

Oct. 4th
Receives experimental drug called brincidofovir

Oct 9th
Thomas Duncan dies

23 Days after his contact with the dying pregnant woman from Liberia...

And yet, the people who Duncan came into contact with during his contagious stage have and continue to be cleared by Texas Health and the CDC.

edit on am1031amWed, 08 Oct 2014 11:56:21 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

He was no further into his contamination/infection than any of the others who have been flown home. Yes there was a 3 day window after he began to show the signs, but getting air travel plans and protocols for the others has had about the same window prior to their arrival times and treatment as far as we know.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

Brincidofovir, which is still in the experimental phase, was just approved by the FDA on Monday for use in patients with Ebola, according to a statement by biopharmaceutical company Chimerix. Test tube experiments have revealed that brincidofovir acts against Ebola in the same way the drug fights other viruses like adenovirus and smallpox, according to a statement from the company. Animal testing for Brincidofovir against Ebola is ongoing.

The drug has been in development for “years” and has been used on 900 patients to date, according to the press release. It was being tested in large-scale human trials for the treatment of cytomegalovirus and adenovirus infections, and had received FDA's “fast track” designation for CMV, adenovirus and smallpox when FDA approval came for use of the drug on Ebola patients.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

I think this was a last ditch effort, if they did not try it, they would not have evidence for or against it in late stage. If Duncan was my family and they presented this to me, I would probably try it too since he was on his death bed anyway.
edit on pm1031pmWed, 08 Oct 2014 12:05:24 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar

He was no further into his contamination/infection than any of the others who have been flown home. Yes there was a 3 day window after he began to show the signs, but getting air travel plans and protocols for the others has had about the same window prior to their arrival times and treatment as far as we know.

It's not about the number of days of contamination, it is about how the virus ravaged his body. 2 totally different things.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

And you have those reports of how this virus "Ravaged" his body?

I would be interested to see those updates and findings as the black out on this case has been Killer.

YES, anyone will be "ravaged" by this contagion, but Duncan did have the best that medical science has to offer supposedly. Not very comforting for those who are still waiting to find out if they contracted it from him.

edit on pm1031pmWed, 08 Oct 2014 12:10:31 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

You realized he had Ebola right? You also realize the survival rate is very low right? I don't need "reports" to tell me he most likely wouldn't have survived. And of course who have been exposed are terrified! All "48" of them. Personally I think the number is much higher.

Not sure why you are trying to get into a pissing contest with me, but please realize you are the only one playing.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves

we have left ourselves open to criticisms of racism and nationalism and litigation

I promise these criticisms would have happened regardless. It was inevitable. Especially litigation, this IS AMERICA after all.
edit on 8-10-2014 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Well you have at least one star for your playing/efforts , I am just tired of seeing posts that reflect the agenda side of this.

It is IMHO... which at this point I am still able to make on a public forum and I reiterate:

To which you replied:

It's not about the number of days of contamination, it is about how the virus ravaged his body. 2 totally different things.

Not what I consider a pissing match, just differing opinions on a very sensitive subject which none of us are experts regardless of educational studies and background.

I have resonated with in fact those I highly respect who have insight, intuition and common sense than any official statements I have read thus far.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

You're exactly right it is a very sensitive subject, and scary. If I misunderstood you, my appologies. We are all posting out thoughts, opinions, fears, on this subject.

This for me isn't an agenda thing, this is a very real thing. I have friends and family who live in the Metroplex, who live, work and play there. Many of them are under 35 miles from this location. I myself life roughly 110 miles away from this location. People of Texas, especially North Texas realize what a clusterfu*k this has been from the word go. And people can distract themselves with the race card, or did he or didn't he get the best treatment, or heck, even those poor guys using the powerwashers. But underneath it all, there is a very real fear of 'what next? who next? '

Like I said a few pages back, I will breathe a sigh of relief when November rolls around, and nobody else comes down with ebola.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I read that bit about November... well pretty much every post here.

Agree with you.

We are good.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

zerohedge ‏@zerohedge 2m2 minutes ago
DALLAS AREA PATIENT SHOWS EBOLA SYMPTOMS: CBS

Here we go again. Waiting for more sources.

Source

Ryan Wood ‏@RyanWoodDFW 7m7 minutes ago
#BREAKING Patient at a Frisco Care Now clinic showing symptoms of possible Ebola. Claims contact with Thomas Duncan.

edit on 33America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicagok_31Wed, 08 Oct 2014 13:58:33 -0500u3101 by Seek_Truth because: (no reason given)

edit on 22America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicagok_31Wed, 08 Oct 2014 14:00:22 -05000000003102 by Seek_Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Seek_Truth

OH NOES!

Keep us informed. This is day 19 of Duncan's arrival in America...

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Why on earth do they need that many emergency responders to a walk in type clinic? Holy Moly!

And the headline of one of the pictures says that firefighters/responders taking caution, but I see nothing cautious except the big white board meant to keep media helicopters from taking pictures???

ALSO!!! WHY did they not rush him to the same isolation staging, yes staging area that Duncan was just in? More chances for the spread?

edit on pm1031pmWed, 08 Oct 2014 14:08:22 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seek_Truth

zerohedge ‏@zerohedge 2m2 minutes ago
DALLAS AREA PATIENT SHOWS EBOLA SYMPTOMS: CBS

Here we go again. Waiting for more sources.

Source

Ryan Wood ‏@RyanWoodDFW 7m7 minutes ago
#BREAKING Patient at a Frisco Care Now clinic showing symptoms of possible Ebola. Claims contact with Thomas Duncan.

Frisco is considered kind of an "uppity" area, if you will. This should get interesting.

link   

I just saw a picture of a few people in full Hazmat suits. They are getting ready to transport him to a hospital.

I'm going to guess they will take him to Presbyterian where Duncan is. Didn't they isolate an entire wing of that facility?

link   

The news conference will be held at 3 pm at Frisco’s Central Fire Station.

dfw.cbslocal.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Jobin Panicker ‏@jobinpnews 3m3 minutes ago
#JUSTNOW Source tells me Frisco patient who exhibits symptoms of #Ebola is being transported to Dallas Presbyterian. @wfaachannel8

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Heres a link to the chopper footage on the ambulance if anyone is interested.

Live Feed

top topics

<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join