It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 97
<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

Do you have a link to share about the CDC notifying the mother?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves well, his liver is doing better,but, no garuntee it will stay that way

my.earthlink.net.../bff0f583-9ff3-4a6b-a7fe-4516672d0378

family:ebola patient's condition disturbing

" The family of a man diagnosed with the first U.S. case of Ebola again visited him at the hospital Tuesday but declined to view him via video the last time had been too upsetting . Weeks said he and Duncan's mother were unable to sleep after seeing Duncan's face.

edit on 7-10-2014 by research100 because: added sentence

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Source

Ebola patient Thomas Eric Duncan told his fiancee the day he was diagnosed last week that he regrets exposing her to the deadly virus and had he known he was carrying Ebola, he would have “preferred to stay in Liberia and died than bring this to you,” a family friend said.

“He apologized to Louise the day they told him what he had,” said Saymendy Lloyd, a close friend of Louise Troh, the fiancee of Duncan, who is in critical condition and no longer responsive. “He told her, ‘I’m so sorry all of this is happening. . . . I would not put the love of my life in danger.’ ”

According to this article she was told by Thomas Eric Duncan.
edit on 7-10-2014 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

Mmmm reading this again I guess it is unclear who told her FIRST, just clear that he DID speak to her that day.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

The story says they obviously spoke, but not that he was the one who broke the news to her.

This is some justice for the judge though....

DALLAS — Parents of some children who attend school with the daughter of a popular Texas judge who interacted with family members of an Ebola patient removed their children from school Tuesday.

Parents complained that the judge’s interaction with family members placed their own children at risk.

Judge Clay Jenkins had driven family members of the Ebola patient Thomas Eric Duncan to a new location last week.

Jenkins was shown on television news entering the apartment with no gloves, no gown and in plainclothes. Jenkins worked even as a cleanup crew cleaned the apartment, dressed in full hazmat gear.

Jenkins appeared later at a news conference wearing the same pale purple shirt, announcing that he had no fear of contracting the virus and was so confident that he was “going home to his wife and daughter.”

Source

Man be crazy. And not helpful in the least in the realities of the real and present danger he put himself and now many others in. He should be in quarantine along with his purple shirt.

Visual aid compliments of TIME

Storming here tonight so my internet is temperamental. Aaargh.

edit on 7-10-2014 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

I could not agree more. I'm glad the parents are speaking out

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin

DALLAS — Ebola patient Thomas Eric Duncan told his fiancee the day he was diagnosed last week that he regrets exposing her to the deadly virus and had he known he was carrying Ebola, he would have “preferred to stay in Liberia and died than bring this to you,” a family friend said.

“He apologized to Louise the day they told him what he had,” said Saymendy Lloyd, a close friend of Louise Troh, the fiancee of Duncan, who is in critical condition and no longer responsive. “He told her, ‘I’m so sorry all of this is happening. . . . I would not put the love of my life in danger.’ ”

Family members gathered in Dallas and were able to see Duncan Monday via a laptop camera in his room at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital. “He is not responsive at all. They said he was drugged and they put him in deep sleep,” said Lloyd, who was with the family.

She said the family members were saddened by the sight of Duncan.

“The mother, this was the first time seeing her son since he got to the States. She has not seen him for 12 years, and the first time she saw him was through a monitor,” said Lloyd. “She was very, very emotional. She told him to be strong, that she is praying for him, that she loves him and God is able to do all things.” Duncan’s mother lives in North Carolina.

Duncan’s 19-year-old son, a Texas college student who has not seen his father since he was 3 years old in Liberia, also visited the hospital along with Troh on Tuesday night.

Troh, who is in mandated isolation in Dallas with her 13-year-old son and two other people, spoke by phone to Lloydand told her about family? .

As Duncan fights for his life, Texas health officials are bracing for a critical week in Dallas, where they are watching for any signs that as many as 48 people who had contact with Duncan may develop symptoms of Ebola. Health officials say the incubation period for the disease is 21 days, but it could appear eight to 10 days after exposure.

1) So NO they didn't find out from the news.

2) Why can't the family see him from the computer and laptop camera from North Carolina.

3) So Troh is at the hospital while being "in isolation". How is that possible?

4) When did it go from 100+ people to 48. What does it even matter, the fiance is AT THE HOSPITAL.

Source

The whole scene has a feeling like it was lifted out of the movie: The Truman Show. You know, at the end where the big honcho is talking to Truman/Carrey - being straight with him. It's surreal like that.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Like someone else asked, why didn't her mother tell her?

Beyond that, she is the daughter of someone engaged to Duncan. Usually information is not shared with someone who is not technically a relative. Of course the need for immediate quarantine may be your point, and well taken if so.

Now, I have some questions. A post above yours states that Duncan's mother (and other blood kin) have not seen him in 12 years. I must wonder why, with his 3 hour layover in DC, he did not arrange to at least see them at the airport? Or why they did not travel to Dallas for his big homecoming? They seem to be close, since it was a nephew who contacted CDC about fear of Ebola and the hospital not testing him. And they have the means to be there now that he is in isolation.

So now I am wondering if he suspected he was infected, and (blood being thicker than water) did not want to expose his mother, nephew and others in NC... but told them of his suspicion, which explains the nephew so far away in NC calling the CDC.

I know, it's all speculation on my part, but the more I hear the more things don't make sense to me.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

Excellent post. I have the same thoughts. Mighty suspect.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Again, show me where the mother was properly notified by the CDC. I'm not saying they didn't, but they aren't batting 1,000 here. And yes, I agree with you and share concerns that the CDC did not notify the person who had direct physical contact with him while awaiting the ambulance, who also was at the hospital. There were many that should have been notified immediately who were not - like the ambulance staff who continued picking up patients, etc.

As for the rest of the speculation...I'm not sure why it's relevant to the potential spread of Ebola in this case. Families have been through a war in Liberia, literally. I think we know enough now to say Mr. Duncan did not intentionally bring Ebola to his loved ones states-side. I tend to avoid the artificially polarizing viewpoints of we/they that develop as sidebars to a story so I won't comment further there. Not my zoo. Sorry.

edit on 7-10-2014 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

Like someone else asked, why didn't her mother tell her?

Beyond that, she is the daughter of someone engaged to Duncan. Usually information is not shared with someone who is not technically a relative. Of course the need for immediate quarantine may be your point, and well taken if so.

Now, I have some questions. A post above yours states that Duncan's mother (and other blood kin) have not seen him in 12 years. I must wonder why, with his 3 hour layover in DC, he did not arrange to at least see them at the airport? Or why they did not travel to Dallas for his big homecoming? They seem to be close, since it was a nephew who contacted CDC about fear of Ebola and the hospital not testing him. And they have the means to be there now that he is in isolation.

So now I am wondering if he suspected he was infected, and (blood being thicker than water) did not want to expose his mother, nephew and others in NC... but told them of his suspicion, which explains the nephew so far away in NC calling the CDC.

I know, it's all speculation on my part, but the more I hear the more things don't make sense to me.

I read somewhere that he hadn't seen his supposed fiancé in 15 years before this trip. But now she is the love of his life? This all seems a little strange.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I can't see a lot of parents being content with a school district stating it "was not necessary to thoroughly clean those campuses."

Five Dallas ISD students at four schools, including Sam Tasby Middle School, may have had contact with the Ebola patient in Dallas and stayed home from school as a precaution.

I will add the "after a few days of school they stayed home" to the above.

2 DISD Employees on Leave for Slow Ebola Cleanup

Two Dallas Independent School District custodial employees have been placed on administrative leave after cleaning five Dallas schools affected by the city's Ebola case.

"The first reaction was, 'Am I going to get infected?'" said Jose Guerrero, a custodial supervisor at DISD.
He and his crew were tasked with cleaning the five schools, after five students who had contact with Ebola patient Thomas Duncan were ordered out of class.

"You know, I had polio in '96, and I don't want anything to happen to my employees," he said.

Guerrero said he understood their fears.

Guerrero, on staff with DISD for 27 years now, decided to order Hazmat suits for the cleaning crew.

The district in a statement said it "was not necessary to thoroughly clean those campuses."

"I placed the order knowing, employees would be doing a job, a risky job," Guerrero said.

Guerrero said he did best he could, even with a couple of extra city employees pitching in.

"It was not enough personnel, nor the time. It was not enough time," he added.

The day following the cleanup, one of Guerrero's bosses said two of the campuses, Sam Tasby Middle School and Emmett J. Conrad High School, were not clean enough.

Guerrero said he and another employee were put on paid leave.

Guess he could have ordered purple shirts instead of hazmat suits. That's definitely quicker. What's with the quickies and not a thorough job Texas? Another case of great CDC input on how to clean up after Ebola too...not.

Source

Make it

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
CNN confirms the girl who died in Liberia who Mr. Duncan may have caught it from, was not diagnosed until after he left for America.

Did they also explain why the Liberian government plans to prosecute him for lying on the form at the airport about being in contact with someone with Ebola? The girl died on the 15th, he left for the US on... what, the 18th? It took more than 3 days to determine she died from Ebola?

Not buying it. CNN's not shooting straight, for some reason.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

CNN confirms the girl who died in Liberia who Mr. Duncan may have caught it from, was not diagnosed until after he left for America.

Did they also explain why the Liberian government plans to prosecute him for lying on the form at the airport about being in contact with someone with Ebola? The girl died on the 15th, he left for the US on... what, the 18th? It took more than 3 days to determine she died from Ebola?

Something tells me finding cause of death isn't high on the priority list in Liberia.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I think Liberia is tied up looking for a new Ebola Fund manager. Wish I was kidding. Oh and threatening reporters with arrest if they report on Ebola without government approval.

Yes CNN explained their findings.

A defense attorney also volunteered. That part of the story spin has died. Sticking a fork in it.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin

Something tells me finding cause of death isn't high on the priority list in Liberia.

I hear ya, and totally agree. But they were sure enough he had been exposed, to threaten prosecution.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Oh yeah I'm with you. I was trying to imply that I doubt they tested her for anything. The man knew he had a high chance of having Ebola, of that I am convinced. CNN is trying to twist the story for some reason.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

It's called cya

Happens a lot in the immediate aftermath of the hand getting bit that feeds you $$$.

All will come out eventually. Meanwhile...Spain is in a rough spot. Stay safe everyone and thanks for all the input on ATS. Well done!

Day crew over and out. Carry on! Night all.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   

The story says they obviously spoke, but not that he was the one who broke the news to her.

This is some justice for the judge though....

DALLAS — Parents of some children who attend school with the daughter of a popular Texas judge who interacted with family members of an Ebola patient removed their children from school Tuesday.

Parents complained that the judge’s interaction with family members placed their own children at risk.

Judge Clay Jenkins had driven family members of the Ebola patient Thomas Eric Duncan to a new location last week.

Jenkins was shown on television news entering the apartment with no gloves, no gown and in plainclothes. Jenkins worked even as a cleanup crew cleaned the apartment, dressed in full hazmat gear.

Jenkins appeared later at a news conference wearing the same pale purple shirt, announcing that he had no fear of contracting the virus and was so confident that he was “going home to his wife and daughter.”

Source

Man be crazy. And not helpful in the least in the realities of the real and present danger he put himself and now many others in. He should be in quarantine along with his purple shirt.

Visual aid compliments of TIME

Storming here tonight so my internet is temperamental. Aaargh.

In my opinion, I don't believe it is the same blue shirt he wore when transporting the quarantined family to the new house. They showed a video of he and the family walking down the steps to the car and the shirt was unbuttoned a little (probably due to the hot day) and looked a little messy. I bet he changed into a new shirt that is the exact same style and color for the press conference. How many of us have bought 2 or 3 of the exact same shirt for work?

Not buying it's the same shirt.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

he already looks like a vampire ........ he loves it.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

I think the interview was after his first visit to the apartment. Not the different day when he returned to pick the family up to move them to a new location.

How does someone get to be a judge when they have so little common sense? Isn't common sense a job requirement or something?

He was trying to get attention before his November election. I think this is going to backfire on him.

new topics

top topics

<< 94  95  96    98  99  100 >>

join