It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 95
<< 92  93  94    96  97  98 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: JG1993

www.foxnews.com...

It is really tragic that the poor innocent dog will have to lose his life. I guess it is necessary, but it is very, very sad.

If you think about Africa, I wonder how many animals have been infected by humans, and will continue to pass the virus on. Quarantining people does nothing if there are animals being infected, both wild and domestic. I don't see how they can ever possibly control it.

I wonder about Duncan's vomit in the yard. Dogs like to eat that kind of thing.

Also they eat the animals and get it that way :/

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
What DC test are they talking about?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Are they talking about the person still in isolation at DC's Howard University Hospital? Anyone heard any updates on that yet?

(In response to the open mike conversation)
edit on 7-10-2014 by texasgirl because: added more

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin

originally posted by: ikonoklast
Open mic accident reveals more than what CBS news intended...

Chief White House Correspondent for CBS News, Major Garrett, left his mic on after the White House briefing on the U.S.response to the Ebola Outbreak on Oct. 3rd 2014.

Listen to this very closely from 18 seconds in to 48 seconds in and you will find out that the media is not as blissfully ignorant or stupid as we might think:

If you can't watch the video, while discussing the announcement that the U.S. will not be implementing travel bans, Major Garrett says, "Yeah, we're screwed." But watch the video if you can, it's better in context.

Holy. Crap.

I have people that I shared this with asking if his is real. Anyway to prove it is?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
OH ok, looks like they ruled that out 3 days ago. Pfew.

As for the dog passing it along, aside from salmonella and rabies, dogs can only pass on parasites. That being said, perhaps Ebola is a distant cousin of rabies? Wondering if bats, raccoons, skunks, etc. could be carriers?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

This is all I got

The woman: "The most interesting thing is this travel ban...(inaudible)"

Major Garrett: "Yeah, we're screwed. I'm feeling flu-ish, just so you know so I'm going to give you a big kiss"

Other man: "Nononono I don't want your kiss. "

The woman: "If this DC test comes back positive I'm doing (inaudible to me, someone else might catch it)"

Major Garrett: "This what?"

The woman: "This DC test"

Major Garrett: "Oh thats right... that's stupid man that stupid mic"

Not "travel ban", she said: "travel passengers".

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Russao

This is all I got

Major Garrett: "Yeah, we're screwed. I'm feeling flu-ish, just so you know so I'm going to give you a big kiss"

Other man: "Nononono I don't want your kiss. "

The woman: "If this DC test comes back positive I'm doing (inaudible to me, someone else might catch it)"

Major Garrett: "This what?"

The woman: "This DC test"

Major Garrett: "Oh thats right... that's stupid man that stupid mic"

K I'll change it

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ikonoklast

I can't listen to the video right now, but if that is true, someone needs to record it.
It will be interesting to look back on someday.
And I doubt it will remain on YouTube very long.
edit on 10/7/14 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: stellawayten

That's a pretty good transcript from ValentineWiggin. I would love to know what the one woman said she was going to do if the Washington, DC case turned out positive, but I couldn't make it out either. Apparently there's a lot of discussion around the web on what she might have said, but someone was talking over her so it was garbled. I suspect she said something along the lines of she would be out of there if the DC test came back positive.

What struck me is difficult to convey in a transcript, because it has everything to do with voice tones, emotions, body language, etc.

This is my impression as best I can summarize it:

When the woman brought up the part about the travel bans [apparently that there would not be any], she sounded like she was a bit hesitant to say anything, like she was afraid but didn't quite want to say it and was wondering what the others thought about what they were just told.

When Major Garrett replied, "Yeah, we're screwed!" it was emphatic, with a sense of fatalism and unavoidable doom and a sense of 'no reason to deny it anymore, we all know it.'

When Garrett went on to joke about feeling flu-ish and saying he was going to kiss the other man, it was basically with an uneasy bad humor tone of what the h, if we can't do anything about it we may as well joke it up while we still can.

And then the woman brought it back to a serious mood mentioning the DC test, and that put the damper on Garrett's humor. That's about the time he realized the microphone was still on.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: mrsdudara
OH ok, looks like they ruled that out 3 days ago. Pfew.

As for the dog passing it along, aside from salmonella and rabies, dogs can only pass on parasites. That being said, perhaps Ebola is a distant cousin of rabies? Wondering if bats, raccoons, skunks, etc. could be carriers?

i don't think you've seen this?
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Russao

Listening to it with headphones and turning the volume way up, I think she said "travel ban and stuff." Hard to be sure though.

a reply to: BlueAjah

OK, I saved it just in case it disappears from Youtube.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: judydawg

I did start one, but it got moved into ATS Skunk Works.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Does anyone have a timeline on the DC test results? I could have sworn they already "came back negative" at the time of this recording.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JG1993

No I had not. Thank you.

After reading that, and doing some research, it seems that it is the food that has spread it in the past. The dogs in those areas are left to scavenge or eat what their owners eat. Bushmeat is apparently one of the main ways Ebola has spread in the past. I can see getting it from your dog if you have to clean up their "mess". Other than that, it seems they get it from eating something that has Ebola.

Ebola however has quite a history of evolving which is alarming. No wonder they have said before that a minor mutation could wipe us out.

This time, however, they say it is alarming because it is happening in residential areas instead of rural areas where people rely more on forest meat/bushmeat. Apparently the only way it has been spread in the past was either eating it, managing a carcass, super close body fluid contact, or biological agent.

Strange hu?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: adomol

WHY you had valid points.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
In fact the suspected cycle of Ebola is Fruit bats poop, veggie eaters in the forest eat it when they eat their veggies, and people get it when they eat the veggie eaters.

Why were they worried about this becoming airborne?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: mrsdudara

During the 2001–2002 outbreak in Gabon, we observed that several dogs were highly exposed to Ebola virus by eating infected dead animals. To examine whether these animals became infected with Ebola virus, we sampled 439 dogs and screened them by Ebola virus–specific immunoglobulin (Ig) G assay, antigen detection, and viral polymerase chain reaction amplification. Seven (8.9%) of 79 samples from the 2 main towns, 15 (15.2%) of 14 the 99 samples from Mekambo, and 40 (25.2%) of 159 samples from villages in the Ebola virus–epidemic area had detectable Ebola virus–IgG, compared to only 2 (2%) of 102 samples from France. Among dogs from villages with both infected animal carcasses and human cases, seroprevalence was 31.8%. A significant positive direct association existed between seroprevalence and the distances to the Ebola virus–epidemic area. This study suggests that dogs can be infected by Ebola virus and that the putative infection is asymptomatic.

Ebola Virus Antibody Prevalence in Dogs and Human Risk Author affiliations: *Centre International de Recherches Médicales de Franceville, Franceville, Gabon; †Centre Pasteur du Cameroun, Yaoundé, Cameroun; ‡Institut de Recherche pour le Développement, Paris, France

More:

The prevalence of Ebola virus-reactive IgG among dogs from the villages where humans cases occurred was 27.2%, compared to 22.4% among dogs from villages where no human cases were noted

And here is their conclusion:

Although dogs can be asymptomatically infected, they may excrete infectious viral particles in urine, feces, and saliva for a short period before virus clearance, as observed experimentally in other animals. Given the frequency of contact between humans and domestic dogs, canine Ebola infection must be considered as a potential risk factor for human infection and virus spread.

and...

The virus appears to jump from its natural host to humans only in specific, but unknown, conditions. Seroprevalence rates in dogs might serves as an indicator of Ebola virus in regions in which no animal deaths or human cases have been observed.

So, anyone who wants to attack my 'what if' scenario of dogs samplong the vomitus and then spreading far and wide can eat their own words.

That last was not aimed at you, btw.
edit on 7-10-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

This is what I heard
Woman: "If this DC test comes back positive I'm doing phoners all weekend."

I guess as opposed to face to face interviews. I think it was her stress relief joke in response to his.
edit on 7-10-2014 by 2gd2btru because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: 2gd2btru
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

This is what I heard
Woman: "If this DC test comes back positive I'm doing phoners all weekend."

I guess as opposed to face to face interviews. I think it was her stress relief joke in response to his.

My impression is they were both completely joking around and there's nothing to be read into it.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Well guess what??

Ain't no party like an Ebola party!!! Jesse Jackson to the rescue!

www.wfaa.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 92  93  94    96  97  98 >>

join