It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 94
<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
'Doing some timeline calculations, here, to figure out where we are in terms of incubation periods for the ~100 people possibly infected by Thomas Duncan. The period during which he was at large and supposedly showing symptoms was Sept 24-28. The maximum incubation period is 21 days. If I am calculating correctly, that means that October 19 will mark the last possible day that one of those people would begin to show symptoms if they were infected.

According to the National Emerging Infectious Disease Laboratories at Boston University, symptoms typically begin 4-9 days after exposure. This would mean that the likeliest time for the individuals to show symptoms would be Sep 28 - Oct 7. 'Doesn't mean we're out of the woods after today, though because of the 21-day max incubation period. There's also the possibility of someone contracting the disease from a fomite and showing symptoms outside of that timeline.

While I'm posting pics, here's one of a smiling Thomas Duncan shortly after arriving at the Dallas airport.

Source
'Wonder who the woman is. The source only said,"...Thomas Eric Duncan, 42 greets a woman and phones his family..."

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DrHammondStoat

Please tell me where we are going to quarantine 4,000 troops upon their return.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin
In one of the articles I read the family did not want them to take the body for special burial UNTIL they proved it was Ebola. No one has the time or the resources for that or the religious beliefs and traditions that they are holding on to in West Africa. This infuriates me probably most of all. I agree with Des, burn everything infected and dead. Then douse the ashes in clorox for good measure.

I think if their own government could come up with a bounty payment for each body turned in, or dropped off in designated drop zones for cremation, a lot of people would do it. If it's not their immediate family, they would bring in the bodies anyway for the bounty.

Designated drop zones could have body bags people could pick up for bringing in the bodies for cremation.

JMOHO...

Des

edit on 7-10-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Please tell me where we are going to quarantine 4,000 troops upon their return.

I'm not quite sure why you're asking me that. I was just pointing out what the troops are doing not saying whether it's a good or bad idea. IMO it probably should have been done months ago, so less troops would have been needed and before this virus got a real hold.

I would imagine that if they are going to be quarantined on return they could go to army bases with the right facilities and security, similar to the approach with the Liberians. Again I'm not saying whether this is the best strategy, it's probably what will happen though.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Oh I wasn't really asking you, sorry it does read that way. Just more talking to myself I guess.

Des that is a brilliant idea.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Oh I wasn't really asking you, sorry it does read that way. Just more talking to myself I guess.

Des that is a brilliant idea.

Oh ok, no problem

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Good point though Valentine.

Kind of scary since Spanish flu was spread through the troops.

I am completely against exposing our troops to this. At all.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

In one of the articles I read the family did not want them to take the body for special burial UNTIL they proved it was Ebola. No one has the time or the resources for that or the religious beliefs and traditions that they are holding on to in West Africa. This infuriates me probably most of all. I agree with Des, burn everything infected and dead. Then douse the ashes in clorox for good measure.

Danger, Will Robinson!

Couple this with the estimated 10,000 Liberians that form a 'Little Liberia" which is probably as insular as any tight knit community composed of people from other nations.

They carry their home traditions and mindsets with them and integrate only to the degree they desire.

They dislike authority, especially of official American type, and tend to keep to themselves. And ys, I know I am speaking in generalizations, but they remain true.

If they deny ebola at home (Liberia) and make it difficult to contact trace there, what in the name of all the angels and demons makes our health authorities here think they will follow the protocols set forth here?!

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar
a reply to: antar

And if it is blocking DNA, will the people in Africa be the test subjects within the coming weeks and in return for their salvation change the course of their evolutionary paths created by existence, God and instead become the sterile or mutations of studies as evil as GMO developments? Come on Tobacco? With all the healthy and life sustaining plants on this planet why a carcinogenic?

What you said reminds me of the book blood on the alter. It talks about the last days being like the days of Noah. It gives a theory that in the final days our dna will be changed because in the days of Noah there were no pure humans except for Noah and his family because the world was overrun with nephilim.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: netwarrior
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

Healthcare in a widespread emergency is limited to the skills and supplies your family and neighbors can provide to each other.

If you havent prepared you are behind the curve. Start now!

I am almost 100% positive it is too late for my family.

We have nothing, I just happened upon a pack of 50 exam gloves earlier as I was unpacking from our move and thought, this is all we will have. And a gallon of Clorox.

We are going to be screwed 10 ways to Sunday if this breaks out in America or goes airborne. Period.

I only take solace in these new experimental drugs and possibility of a vaccine. But you bet your ASS I am praying this dies off now so I can prep for anything else that may happen in the future.
edit on 7-10-2014 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: JG1993
Dogs have been proven to be asymptomatic carriers, Spanish authorities look for permission to euthanize infected's animal

While I personally think this is good on Spain for thinking this way, this is going to get a lot of criticism.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

Agreed. Unlikely we will see the same sort of response here. Here is an update, family refused so...

Court-mandated euthanization

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Yikes!! But the article says there is no proof that dogs can pass it to humans. Im confused. They are going to kill the dog just in case????

AND they said the ONLY symptom this lady had was a fever. I can see how that would be kind of odd this time a year but what about next month through the end of flu season?

Oh this is Going. To. Suck.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Open mic accident reveals more than what CBS news intended...

Chief White House Correspondent for CBS News, Major Garrett, left his mic on after the White House briefing on the U.S.response to the Ebola Outbreak on Oct. 3rd 2014.

Listen to this very closely from 18 seconds in to 48 seconds in and you will find out that the media is not as blissfully ignorant or stupid as we might think:

If you can't watch the video, while discussing the announcement that the U.S. will not be implementing travel bans, Major Garrett says, "Yeah, we're screwed." But watch the video if you can, it's better in context.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ikonoklast

Chief White House Correspondent for CBS News, Major Garrett, left his mic on after the White House briefing on the U.S.response to the Ebola Outbreak on Oct. 3rd 2014.

Listen to this very closely from 18 seconds in to 48 seconds in and you will find out that the media is not as blissfully ignorant or stupid as we might think:

If you can't watch the video, while discussing the announcement that the U.S. will not be implementing travel bans, Major Garrett says, "Yeah, we're screwed." But watch the video if you can, it's better in context.

Holy. Crap.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ikonoklast

Can someone create a transcript of what these people are saying.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I wonder what it would take for Obama to lock out West Africa. What if China or Russia did it? Would that light a fire under him? I just don't buy this argument against it.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
This is all I got

The woman: "The most interesting thing is this travel passengers (or "This travel ban and stuff)...(inaudible)"

Major Garrett: "Yeah, we're screwed. I'm feeling flu-ish, just so you know so I'm going to give you a big kiss"

Other man: "Nononono I don't want your kiss. "

The woman: "If this DC test comes back positive I'm doing (inaudible to me, someone else might catch it)"

Major Garrett: "This what?"

The woman: "This DC test"

Major Garrett: "Oh thats right... that's stupid man that stupid mic"

edit on 7-10-2014 by ValentineWiggin because: misheard

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JG1993

www.foxnews.com...

It is really tragic that the poor innocent dog will have to lose his life. I guess it is necessary, but it is very, very sad.

If you think about Africa, I wonder how many animals have been infected by humans, and will continue to pass the virus on. Quarantining people does nothing if there are animals being infected, both wild and domestic. I don't see how they can ever possibly control it.

I wonder about Duncan's vomit in the yard. Dogs like to eat that kind of thing.

top topics

<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join