It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian broadcaster: Ebola could cleanse US of atheists, gay people, and sluts

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

You are thinking in the ways of duality, like "left-right" again. Try to get free from that meme.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: caladonea

originally posted by: olaru12

Is this type of hyperbolic rhetoric helping win converts to the Christian Right?

Yes...if they are as insane as he is.

His attitude is full of hate.

Where is the compassion...and a helpful attitude?

The compassion and helpful attitudes are found where Jesus IS NOT sold.

That's really the most simplistic way I can explain it. If you go somewhere and are charged for "truth", compassion, forgiveness, love, understanding, and humbleness... That's not going to be where you will see it, or receive it.

If they are passing the plate, it's best to keep walking past the door.

That's JMO though, and I am sure there are many "toe the line according to what this mega church says today" Christians who will show up and call me out for my blasphemy.

It's ok. I've my truth and they have theirs. I didn't have to pay for mine and nobody else should either.

ETA - That I also do not believe that one has to be religious to be compassionate. They don't have to be religious to want to help their fellow man. The two are not mutually exclusive regardless of what some would have others believe.

edit on 9/29/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The US brought back an American from Africa to treat for Ebola, said to be a missionary. Must have been a gay, slut missionary.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
The US brought back an American from Africa to treat for Ebola, said to be a missionary. Must have been a gay, slut missionary.

They probably didn't tithe either... that can often be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
It just goes to prove that some people who proclaim Christianity are actually anti-Christian. This guy doesn't have any of the love of Christ in him to be able to make such statements. His followers better wise up, put the hard questions to this guys hate speech, and then go find a new church.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Is there a reason why the OP reposted an article he posted back in August?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also how did this topic go to the second page before anyone noticed that?
edit on 29-9-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I for one don't ,I do know some very kind and helpful Christians-pity that where I live,they are in the minority and most christians around here is a lot like this man,like the personally witnessed example I posted.It's up to good,kind,decent,moderate people of every religion and indeed,culture,community etc to very vocally stand up and lead through example.

I personally don't agree with the concept of "Big Religion"/organised religion-but those who do choose to follow that way,as is their choice and right,will have to realise that there is the assumption and preconception that it would signify a person's commitment to live a life of peace,goodness,kindness etc.The "more is expected of" chestnut.

So that's why the truly decent,peaceful,kind and moderate followers of Big Religion will have to hold their own responsible-and speak out against the ones who makes a mockery of their religion.We heathens cannot do it for them.a reply to: beezzer

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Mother Teresa would have probably been the first inline to go help the sick and dying and be grateful for having a humble purpose to her life by doing so.

Just saying.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I thought I was having déjà vu!!! I posted in that thread as well. I kept thinking I had seen it before, but wasn't sure enough to go looking.

Super sleuth!!

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Christian broadcaster: Ebola could cleanse US of atheists, gay people, and sluts.

Not the sluts!

Religion sucks the fun out of everything...

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
a reply to: beezzer

You are thinking in the ways of duality, like "left-right" again. Try to get free from that meme.

Observations on what they are doing, what they are trying to manipulate isn't falling into any meme.

Perhaps if I used the term "progressive" and "idiots" instead of leftist, it might have been more appropriate, however.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Well I had the same deja vu and used the infamous ATS search function with the keywords "Christian ebola" and it was the first link it found. So if it can be found through the ATS search function then there is no excuse for double post (and the OP is the same person too!)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
:-DD thanks for the giggle!
2nd.a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I would think the OP would remember they had already posted it?? I sometimes can't remember every thread I post in, but I usually have no issue remembering what threads I have started. You appear to have an excellent memory.

Who knows what's going on at this point... I'm just glad to see I wasn't completely nuts in feeling déjà vu.

edit on 9/29/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane
What is the difference? After all if they believe the same thing, practice the same way, would it not mean that they follow the same belief and worship the same way?

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Also how did this topic go to the second page before anyone noticed that?

He's probably one of the phony preacher's cohorts.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

I thought I was having déjà vu!!! I posted in that thread as well. I kept thinking I had seen it before, but wasn't sure enough to go looking.

Super sleuth!!

This is what happens when parallel universes collide.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Don't be pedantic Slayer my friend, you know what I meant!
Don't act like you haven't seen the vitriol in the past couple of weeks!

& Of course there'd be a reply because I'd be quick to respond to the bull#!

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Man, this thread has something for just about everyone...

Sluts, Cohorts, Religious extremist, Hate speech, Deja-vu, Left wingers and Progressive idiots.

edit on 29-9-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

Super sleuth!!

This is what happens when parallel universes collide.

Have I told you lately how much I miss and love you?

I'm only half playing lol. I actually had to visit that thread the other day for old times sake.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join