It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-terror laws rob Australians of freedoms ISIS hate, security expert says

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Just started reading the bill and this first definition even rings alarm bells, why are they subcontracting our intelligence gathering?

ASIO affiliate means a person performing functions or services for
the Organisation in accordance with a contract, agreement or other
arrangement, and includes a person engaged under section 85 and a
person performing services under an agreement under section 87,
but does not include the Director-General or an ASIO employee.

I'll be back when Im thru with the bill and some other sections of certain Acts that it changes..

this is not good. this is very not good.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: RifRAAF

Another planned objective for ISIS achieved.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: learnatic
a reply to: RifRAAF

Another planned objective for ISIS achieved.

It was an ISIS objective to rename DSD to ASD???? ISIS planned to increase Australia's terror laws so they could be persecuted more by them??

Hint: ISIS did not write the bill.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Hang on... Just what freedoms have I given up with these "new", laws..?

Will my butt be checked for bombs every time I go to the service station for fuel..?

Will I be asked to submit to a pat down and anal probe at every state border..?

Will I have to have a monitored camera set up in my bathroom, toilet and bedroom..?

Will I be disallowed to travel to other countries and forced to stay on threat of death "like they did in the good ol' USSR"..?

Will I be told what job I'm allowed to have or how many children I cannot have..?

Will I be carted off in the middle of the night and interrogated/imprisoned/executed for minor offences or if I even appear to be slightly dissatisfied at a minor inconvenience..?

Nup to all.. I think.

My life will go on as normal. I get up, I go to work, I get payed "very well", I come home, I go fishing on weekends, I take a walk along a bush track or do some nature photography.

I'm happy with my life. If others are not as lucky as me, that's their problem, not mine.

If others believe they will be targeted all the best to them..lol

Problem is, most conspiracy nuts will have done this to themselves by being, for a better word "insane" and would be better off in isolation where their crazy theories won't annoy anyone with the ability to use logic.

Don't get me wrong, I love a good conspiracy as much as the next guy, but there's a fine line between constructive theorems and pure bats&^t crazy.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
a reply to: beezzer

The Government are terrorists?

That depends upon how one defines "terror", "terrorism" and "terrorist".

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Ironclad2000

Very well said mate.
Glad there are more Aussies out there who see it for what it is, and aren't going crazy over nothing.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: mortex

I agree mortex, well said IC2000.

Check your mail mortman!

Kind regards,

Bally.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: mortex
We aren't giving up our freedom though.

Stop exaggerating and scare mongering.
Your own country America might up sh** creek, but Australia is not America.

ATS is blessed and humbled by the presence of such a keen mind. LOL. I might add your bloated ego, superior intelligence and delightfully insulting comments are fertile ground
for lack of member support. You sir are exceedingly naive with respect to government and their abuse of power.
You are however correct " America might be up Sh** creek, but Australia
is not America ". True ! Our alleged representatives have yet to institute a policy to confiscate our guns. This is a Conspiracy Site where some folks do serious research to determine the validity of said conspiracies. Some are a hoax, some are simply to complicated .
Many have been found to have substance. If you " love a good conspiracy " I'd suggest you consider alternatives other then blind support of a law which may very likely leave you with less freedom in the future. Laws passed couched in fighting terrorism should always be of concern. Evil doesn't come flying out of the sky. It is incremental. The masses of dullards see
no harm. Most here do understand this concept and will disagree with advocates of " I haven't done anything wrong, why should I be concerned. There is a huge disparity ( as previously noted ) between Terror, Terrorism and Terrorist. In law, broad vague definitions require the utmost scrutiny. I only read snippets ( I could care less about Australian law )
but IMHO your Government is laying the ground work for increased surveillance of the entire population vs. their alleged motive of stopping terrorism. Why ? Terrorism is a Military tactic.
The very few Individuals prone to such tactics are the unknown.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

This is also happening the united states. I know a few people who believe ISIS is working for the US to take over nations for them and give them an enemy to blame the stripping of freedom on.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

Must be convincing

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: dazbog

originally posted by: mortex
We aren't giving up our freedom though.

Stop exaggerating and scare mongering.
Your own country America might up sh** creek, but Australia is not America.

ATS is blessed and humbled by the presence of such a keen mind. LOL. I might add your bloated ego, superior intelligence and delightfully insulting comments are fertile ground
for lack of member support. You sir are exceedingly naive with respect to government and their abuse of power.
You are however correct " America might be up Sh** creek, but Australia
is not America ". True ! Our alleged representatives have yet to institute a policy to confiscate our guns. This is a Conspiracy Site where some folks do serious research to determine the validity of said conspiracies. Some are a hoax, some are simply to complicated .
Many have been found to have substance. If you " love a good conspiracy " I'd suggest you consider alternatives other then blind support of a law which may very likely leave you with less freedom in the future. Laws passed couched in fighting terrorism should always be of concern. Evil doesn't come flying out of the sky. It is incremental. The masses of dullards see
no harm. Most here do understand this concept and will disagree with advocates of " I haven't done anything wrong, why should I be concerned. There is a huge disparity ( as previously noted ) between Terror, Terrorism and Terrorist. In law, broad vague definitions require the utmost scrutiny. I only read snippets ( I could care less about Australian law )
but IMHO your Government is laying the ground work for increased surveillance of the entire population vs. their alleged motive of stopping terrorism. Why ? Terrorism is a Military tactic.
The very few Individuals prone to such tactics are the unknown.

My insulting comments? Just because my comments don't fit in with your doomsday end of the world ideology, doesn't mean I'm insulting you. Grow up.

My bloated ego? Nah, I'm just fed up with people who over think things and have too much time on their hands trying to bring some sort of ignorant conspiracy theory ideology into this country and applying it to what's happening here, based on what American's come up with on Internet forums. Let me repeat..Australia is not America.

Australian's haven't had their guns confiscated. Get the facts right before talking nonsense.
High powered assault rifles and automatic firearms are banned and other high powered firearms are restricted to those who need them for their occupation.

I've got a firearm license, and a gun. All legal. So do many of my friends.

In fact if you actually had any idea what you were talking about, and had a firm grasp on the reality that Australia is not America, you would know gun ownership in Australia is as high as it was before the gun control laws were introduced by the Howard government years ago.

I don't care if conspiracies in America have been found, according to you, to have some substance and validity.
That has nothing to do with exaggerations about Australian's giving up their freedoms to fight extremists at home.

Your major problem seems to be that there are Australians on here who aren't blinded by their own imagination and theories, many of which are simply copied from what American's come up with on here and other sites, but rather Australian's who can think for them selves and can use logic and common sense to think out a situation instead of posting whatever pre-determined result they've got conjured up based on American conspiracies.

This isn't a scenario of I haven't done anything wrong so I've got nothing to worry about.

This is a scenario of the laws and powers introduced aren't about ordinary Australian's, they aren't about ordinary people going about their daily life. The police are not going to come looking at me and harassing me and pulling me in for questioning because of these new laws and powers.

What these new laws and powers are about is removing red tape and bureaucracy to make it easier for law enforcement to do their jobs against extremists.

Just like a law abiding citizen doesn't have anything to worry about with regards to laws about theft, rape, murder, money laundering, drug/gun/people trafficking, a law abiding citizen has nothing to worry about in this scenario as well.

What don't you understand?
Just because you can't grasp that simple yet obvious fact don't attack others just because they refuse to accept your theories.

And a big LOL at your theory that the Australian government is "laying the ground work for increased surveillance". You do realize Australia is one of the so called "Five Eyes" right? How much more surveillance are they going to do? Maybe they'll send a "man in black" to intercept my waste when I flush the toilet, or maybe there will be a "man in black" hiding in the back of the garbage truck inspecting our garbage?

Welcome to the 21st century buddy, where even private citizens homes are equipped with CCTV systems.
Did you know it's possible for me to go to a security surveillance store and buy software and devices to spy and keep track of others?
It's all readily available over the counter.
I can install smoke detectors that double as spy cameras with microphones. I can install telephone ports that have listening devices in them. I can install software on your phone(if I get physical access to it) that will let me track your movements in real time, see your text messages, here your phone calls, and even use your camera and microphone on your phone without you knowing(even if your phone is turned off) to listen and see where you are. If that's too hard to achieve, I can buy a GPS tracking device and stick it somewhere on your car where you wont find it.
All over the counter readily available. And if they wont sell it for whatever reason, I can buy it all online anyway.

This is the world we live in. Some of you act like you are shocked and didn't expect it. What did you think exactly would happen with increased use of digital equipment and an online connected society? Get a grip of reality I say.

Most public places from city centers to suburban shopping centers, food outlets, service stations, even our intersections, are equipped with CCTV. In some cases they even have CCTV in parks and reserves, and in some cases they have 'concealed' cameras in the vegetation.

Police are going to increase surveillance? What makes you think they aren't already keeping surveillance?
Why exactly will they keep surveillance on me, for example, going to and from work, to and from friends and family homes, going out on weekends..? To see how many girls I get in bed with and catalog my sex life? Maybe they'll keep track of how many KM's I drive, you know, in case one day an oppressive government decides to tax us per KM or Meter we drive. Or maybe they'll advise me of quicker routes to my regular destinations and save me some money on fuel, tires, maintenance..?

Keep clutching at ever shortening straws.

Some of us still have a firm grip on reality and the world around us.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
"Your major problem seems to be that there are Australians on here who aren't blinded by their own imagination and theories, many of which are simply copied from what American's come up with on here and other sites, but rather Australian's who can think for them selves and can use logic and common sense to think out a situation instead of posting whatever pre-determined result they've got conjured up based on American conspiracies."

Okay, You have been a member for about a week ? You apparently or hopefully understand this is a CONSPIRACY / entertainment venue ? Yet you have labeled us as conspiracy nuts !
Perhaps you might consider joining a site that is not conspiracy oriented. The majority of your rants are inane prattle. " Some of us still have a firm grip on reality and the world around us' This isn't a scenario of I haven't done anything wrong so I've got nothing to worry about." Really !? you have frequently stated the opposite. I actually wasted my time reading all three hundred and thirteen pages of your governments position on gun ownership.

Firearms Act 1996
A1996-74
Republication No 37
Effective: 10 June 2014
Republication date: 10 June 2014
Last amendment made by A2014-18

You own a weapon at the pleasure of the state. I own several, it is a RIGHT which is part of our Constitution. YOUR problem, if I may be so bold is apparently with Americans. I've been in combat with Australians. To the last man, all were exceedingly great folks. You..... LOL no so much. In person you may be a swell guy. In this thread ..... Well, I'll leave it at that.
You may have the last word Sonny

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join