It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Information War For Ukraine"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Maybe it`s time you get original instead of just copying things I have done before.

Seems somebody has an ego that is getting the best of him, but please show me what you think I am copying from you?

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Russia’s top 100 lies about Ukraine

Lifenews Report on the downing of MH17

edit on 29-9-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Aug 2014 - Hot Issue – Lies, Damned Lies and Russian Disinformation

** Copy and paste link below into browser. ATS link does not work with the url.**
www.jamestown.org/single/?tx_ttnews[tt_news]=42745#.VCnF-Rbp6PU

The Russian Federation uses extensive propaganda, outright lies, and—most importantly—disinformation as part of the hybrid warfare it is waging against Ukraine and the West. Disinformation combines truth, what people want to be true, and cleverly disguised outright falsehoods. Moscow has been actively using such disinformation as part of a conscious broader policy on Ukraine, and it readily changes or rejects elements of the false narrative it has been spinning as political events on the ground shift. Russian disinformation has landed on fertile soil domestically because it plays on Russians’ deep rooted emotions and serves to turn people’s attention away from more immediate political and economic concerns.

Abroad, Moscow’s message is given undue exposure and lack of questioning due to some Western journalists’ misunderstanding between balance and true objectivity, as well as the existence of a large constituency whose jobs rely on the West maintaining strong relations with Russia. In order to limit the spread and impact of disinformation, Western governments will need to recognize the difference between simple lies and actual disinformation, acquire expertise to identify disinformation and parse the truths and falsehoods within it, as well as develop methods to answer and counteract such disinformation both at home and abroad. The policy changes necessary to achieve this will require political will and some costs, but the costs of doing nothing may be even greater.

Click link for remainder of analysis.
edit on 29-9-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Maybe it`s time you get original instead of just copying things I have done before.

Seems somebody has an ego that is getting the best of him, but please show me what you think I am copying from you?

And again I have to proof because you guys are too lazy to do your own research.

So now I have to replace your failing memory too, dream on buddy, find the examples yourself, they are there.

And when you have done with it, show us the examples so we can finally witness you can do actual research.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Too bad this topic is about Western Media lying their asses off, now isn`t it ?

"But any excuse to throw in anti-Russian propaganda into the equation," but guess what, it doesn`t change anything about the Western Media`s crap which has been pulled in the Ukrainian matter, so why make such an off-topic post ?

Oh wait...I have seen that before with just changing the topic in something completely different because the OP couldn`t be denied...well, you proved already a long time ago you have and anti-Putin agenda, people just don`t have to be reminded about it in almost every post you make.
edit on 30-9-2014 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   

The thread is titled the information war for Ukraine. No where does it state The western information war for Ukraine.

The posts I made deal with the information war for Ukraine. It represents the other side of the coin.

If you don't like it, don't read it.

edit on 30-9-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   

So now I have to replace your failing memory too, dream on buddy, find the examples yourself, they are there.

So I guess that would be you can't?

If you want to make the accusation at least be able to back it up.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   

The thread is titled the information war for Ukraine. No where does it state The western information war for Ukraine.

Well it seems convenient that when the time comes the goal posts will get moved, so no matter what you provide as evidence it will never be good enough.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

So you can`t do actual research yourself ?

No surprise seeing your posts.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   

You don`t know what exclamation marks are...?

My IQ level is now dropping so low that it`s time for me to start watching some cartoons to lift it again.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

Too bad this topic is about Western Media lying their asses off, now isn`t it ?

"But any excuse to throw in anti-Russian propaganda into the equation," but guess what, it doesn`t change anything about the Western Media`s crap which has been pulled in the Ukrainian matter, so why make such an off-topic post ?

Oh wait...I have seen that before with just changing the topic in something completely different because the OP couldn`t be denied...well, you proved already a long time ago you have and anti-Putin agenda, people just don`t have to be reminded about it in almost every post you make.

I don't think Xcathdra's post was off-topic.

It's actually a good addition to broaden the perspective.
It is indeed an Info-War... fought from two sides.
Our skepticism towards western media-spin doesn't mean we trust the other side either. Neither should you.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ColCurious

The OP was about Western media regarding Ukraine, that`s not the same as Russian media regarding Ukraine now is it ?

It was about how Western media was twisting stuff and making up stuff up regarding the Ukraine.

And I`m not trusting Russian media solely, I just trust the facts.

Why do you think he doesn`t comment on Western Media its failure regarding factual reporting about the Whole Ukrainian crisis ?

Because that all he got to push his anti-Putin propaganda and he would lose it, so he just shifts to anti-Russian take on it.

But again, what was the OP about, Russian media failure or Western media failure ?

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   

But again, what was the OP about, Russian media failure or Western media failure ?

It is about the "information war." Wars have two belligerents. Please stop whining because not everyone swallows the same lies you do.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

It is about the "information war." Wars have two belligerents. Please stop whining because not everyone swallows the same lies you do.

If have swallowed lies as you say, you can tell me what they are ?

So proof which lies I have swallowed ?

I bet you can`t find one thing which hasn`t been proved already, oh yeah, and this time provide actual proof of it instead of just making claims.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   

I bet you can`t find one thing which hasn`t been proved already, oh yeah, and this time provide actual proof of it instead of just making claims.

Start here.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Id have to say your at the very least naive. If you cant see the disinformation the Russian media puts out than something tells me you choose not to. Or disinformation works on some better than others who knows western countries may just be more skeptical by nature. Either way in the end the truth will come out well maybe not in Russia Putin controls the media.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

So you can`t do actual research yourself ?

You do understand it isn't my problem to prove your point, so if you won't then that just shows me you can't.

No surprise seeing your posts.

And do you think your in the position to be saying that considering some of the tripe you posted as evidence?

Now since I am not the topic of this thread, care to discuss the topic at hand?

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

So where is the hilarious Russian television show that mocks the way the Russian media spin stories about Ukraine? Oh wait... it's not permitted there.

Maybe this will do?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Not only satire about it, but also a confession...

And they kept it a secret for 3 months, but I guess now it`s out of the media they can be honest about it. Keeping information from the public is also being biased, so they admitted it but still went on with it.

Germany’s largest public broadcaster admits ‘too little Russian interests’ in Ukraine coverage

The chief director of ARD, Germany's largest public TV broadcaster, responded to viewers' criticism and the supervisory committee over its coverage of the Ukraine crisis. He said it conveyed Russian interests “too little” and could question NATO more.

Kai Gniffke, the TV channel's editor-in-chief, published a statement on his blog on Tuesday, stating: “Maybe we have conveyed too little of Russian interests to the German viewers. We could possibly have examined the position of NATO even more critically.”

Speaking on the war in Syria and Iraq, as well as the Islamic State, Gniffke said “it is only now that the powder fume over Ukraine has shred away.” He added that “mainstream news issues” have “too easily” diverted the attention of editors. ARD's comment has long been awaited, as the Advisory Council voiced its concerns over the “biased” Ukraine coverage at a meeting on June 24. But the leaked document was made public only three months later, revealed by online magazine Telepolis.

One of the main concerns, presented by a group of nine advisers, was that the channel’s talk shows “had a tendency to narrate against Russia and the Russian position.” The reasoning for the concern was not only the reports of ordinary viewers, but also a thorough analysis of several ARD reports on the developments in Ukraine, starting from the end of 2013.

Source

And on the positive side...

Got to hand it to him, he knows how to destroy his business and drive more people towards alternative media.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Ouch, getting burned by a former president gotta hurt.

Vaclav Klaus: the West’s lies about Russia are monstrous

I spent most of my life in a communist Czechoslovakia under Soviet domination. But I differentiate between the Soviet Union and Russia. Those who are not able to understand the difference are simply not looking with open eyes.

He says, with finality: ‘The US/EU propaganda against Russia is really ridiculous and I can’t accept it.’

‘I am really shocked to see leading EU and European politicians pretending that everything is OK, which is ridiculous and funny,’ Klaus says. ‘I recently read an article by a well-known German economist, Professor Sinn, who has studied the situation in Italy. He presented statistical data which showed that GDP in Italy has declined by 9 per cent since 2000. It’s unimaginable! I don’t think communist Czechoslovakia would have survived such a long-term decline. At the same time, industrial output declined in the same period by 25 per cent! One quarter of the economy simply disappeared.’

Source

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join