It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unreal, Amazing and Breath Taking Photos From Outer Space

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
S&F !!

We are but a tiny speck in the big scheme of things....
We are NOT alone......

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
You do know the picures are not real if you have ever pointed a telescope at the skys yourself don't you ?

These pictures are digitaly enhanced to make them more interesting and most of space is dull and gray with the odd flash of light and how the hell do you take a picture of the milkyway when it takes 100 light years to cross it ?

Use time exposure on moving objects and you just get stream and given the distance then you have no option but to use time exposure which can be removed on a single object by allowing the camera to rotate as the object moves but the same theory does not work for a universe.

Yes and if you can see back 14.7bn years to the big bang then what direction should i be looking in ?

edit on 28-9-2014 by VirusGuard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: OrionsGem

Space is truly awe-inspiring. I got goosebumps while scrolling through these images. Thank you.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Thanks for the pics, I always enjoy looking at them. And the awe they bring to my heart is almost painful. In a good way

of course. I will some day have a huge print of one of these pics above my couch in the livingroom.

I get off to work very early and I find myself looking up to see if I can see something I haven't seen before, and to

appreciate the raw beauty of nature. And feel pity for most people, because, no one really takes time to do it.

Thanks again. S-N-F

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
I showed my son these pics and I commented that people don't believe life exists in space, he responded well we do so why wouldn't others....

I like your boy's logic!
(It reflects upon you!)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Auricom

Space is truly awe-inspiring. I got goosebumps while scrolling through these images. Thank you.

You are very welcome, I got goosebumps as well, it's what inspired me to make this thread

OG

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

See, it's the Moe nebula.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard

These pictures are digitaly enhanced to make them more interesting and most of space is dull and gray with the odd flash of light and how the hell do you take a picture of the milkyway when it takes 100 light years to cross it ?

Use time exposure on moving objects and you just get stream and given the distance then you have no option but to use time exposure which can be removed on a single object by allowing the camera to rotate as the object moves but the same theory does not work for a universe.

The pictures are real, even though they are digitally enhanced for color. Space is only dull and gray when looking at DSOs through telescopes because our eyes aren't capable of detecting color at low levels of brightness.

Near any telescope that has equatorial mounting and is polar aligned is capable of snapping photos like this. One has to be skilled in tracking and alignment, that's all.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
This might be my favorite post on ATS since I have joined.

Just amazing , thanks for taking the time to post it.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Beautiful. Shame we are not moving out among the stars. Humans get board and this would keep us busy a long time. Maybe we would have less wars and terrorists.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Adding to this..here are two shots I took last year in Sedona, AZ. I don't know that I have ever seen a sky that dark, literally you felt like could reach up and grab the sky..

The first was me getting lucky and just firing a shot off while something crossed the sky..
The second was near one of the vortex locations and just happened to get lucky with ambient light from a passing car.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Awesome pics

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard
You do know the picures are not real if you have ever pointed a telescope at the skys yourself don't you ?

These pictures are digitaly enhanced to make them more interesting and most of space is dull and gray with the odd flash of light and how the hell do you take a picture of the milkyway when it takes 100 light years to cross it

Yes and if you can see back 14.7bn years to the big bang then what direction should i be looking in ?

I initially was not going to be replying to this post, but I simply cannot allow such ignorance of astronomy to take root in this thread.

Im sorry, but just because your unwilling to wrap your mind about the reality of such objects in space, does not make these photos fake!

Of-course some of these are digitally enhanced! Some of them have very long exposures as well!

The famous deep field photograph is usually a dark and boring patch of space...but you set your exposure to infinite and you end up imaging one of the most profound photographs in modern history!

I have used a telescope, and a galaxy looks like a galaxy whether your using the hubble or viewing it thru a Pez dispenser

Let me show you what an amateur astronomer has captured with a regular telescope and a camera:

Psychedelic wonder of galaxies at night: Incredible images taken by amateur astronomer using a camera and home-made telescope!

These spectacular images of galaxies thousands of light years away would appear to have been taken using state-of-the-art equipment.
In fact, they were captured by amateur astronomer Georgiy Suturin using just a camera and a home-made telescope.

Mr Suturin, from Kiev, Ukraine, took this exquisite image of the Orion Nebula is one of the brightest nebulae and is visible to the naked eye in the night sky

Mr Suturin's image of the Andromeda Galaxy, a spiral galaxy approximately 2.5 million light-years from Earth, can be seen in all its oval glory.

link

I hope that this will open your eyes a bit to whats really out there in space, instead of making false blanket statements in an attempt to discredit these amazing photos.

Kind Regards,

OrionsGem

edit on 9-28-2014 by OrionsGem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Oh wow, thanks for posting these old pictures that have been posted around a million times on ATS
I will be looking forward for tomorrow where they surely will be posted again

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA!!

"Hi, my name is Spacespider and I hate space."

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
It's weird how Hubbles deep field photo is very reminiscent of how sand looks under a microscope.

To look at this stuff is surreal and makes me feel very tiny and insignificant. All of that and some people still don't believe that there's life out there.

One of my fav's has always been the hourglass Nebula. It looks like a big eye in an hourglass. Very freaky-looking, yet, so beautiful. I've had a lot of these as wallpaper on my PC for years.

Thanks for sharing

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

OG - after reading through the previous subjects above yours on ATS' front page yours has to be the #1 most worthwhile post of recent memory!

edit on 28-9-2014 by Ollie769 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ollie769

OG - after reading through the previous subjects above yours on ATS' front page yours has to be the #1 most worthwhile post of recent memory!

Glad you enjoyed! Altho I think all my threads are great

OG

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Is it wrong of me, for wanting to see these places in person using my own eyes?

Earth is beautiful, but space... amazing.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Not Authorized

Is it wrong of me, for wanting to see these places in person using my own eyes?

Earth is beautiful, but space... amazing.

not wrong at all...get yourself a telescope and you will...

OG

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Oh wow, thanks for posting these old pictures that have been posted around a million times on ATS
I will be looking forward for tomorrow where they surely will be posted again
I

I really enjoyed the way he put these together. Yes you can find these on the internet but it's nice to see them put together so nicely. Very good job in my opinion.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join