It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unreal, Amazing and Breath Taking Photos From Outer Space

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+91 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Folks,

Sometimes you need to drop whatever you are doing and look up at the stars.

I just spent a good half hour outside stargazing, and was inspired to make a little thread here with some of the most unusual and beautiful photos captured of outer space.

Sorry no doom today!

These photos are guaranteed to make you wonder about our place in the universe...

I hope you all enjoy, and please share your own photos of space.

All photos are from an ESA page:link

This is what it looks like 3 years after a stellar outburst:

The Glowing Eye of NGC 6751, a type X nebula in the Milky Way:

A beautiful new image of part of NGC 2174, also known as the Monkey Head Nebula:

The Eskimo Nebula:

Hubble Mosaic of the Majestic Sombrero Galaxy:

The magnificent starburst galaxy Messier 82:

The Hourglass Nebula:

The Whirlpool Galaxy (M51) and companion galaxy:

This is a runaway galaxy that was captured hurtling thru space:

This is a nebula called The Mystic Mountain..The colours in this composite image correspond to the glow of oxygen (blue), hydrogen and nitrogen (green), and sulphur (red):

Ever wonder what it looks like when 2 galaxys begin to collide?:

Spectacular Hubble view of Centaurus A:

Something a bit more closer to home, Saturn in natural colors:

Brace yourself for this one, this is not CGI, this is a real photo!
The star cluster Pismis 24 located in the core of the large emission nebula NGC 6357:

Quadruple Saturn moon transit snapped by Hubble

Most detailed image of the Crab Nebula:

This one here I like alot, its a very good angle and distance from a galaxy to offer additional detail...just a little closer than usual, I give you the Flocculent spiral NGC 2841:

Hubble images searchlight beams from a preplanetary nebula:

Ever wonder what our Earth looks like from really far away? Like around 114 Million Miles away? The 2 bright lights In the bottom left portion of this image are the Earth and Moon imaged by the Messenger spacecraft,
taken on May 6th, 2010:

And finally a new updated photo taken of the Hubble Deep Field, each spot of light here is a galaxy. This may be the most profound space image I have ever seen. Space really is infinite:

Here is the full size photo if you'd like to zoom in: files.abovetopsecret.com...

And finally, I felt that in order to truly appreciate these photos, you first have to appreciate our size in comparison to other space objects, if you've never seen this video before this will blow your mind!:

Planets and Stars Size Comparison HD

Thats it for tonight friends!

OG

PS: I have decided I will be adding a few more gems to this thread, make sure to come back

edit on 9-28-2014 by OrionsGem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   

+17 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Whoa, Easy buddy!

It never hurts to be reminded that we are very small, just like the Mother Nature pics.
You know that the ATS search engine is 99% flawed. Just say thank you and move on,

Thanks op for the share!

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 28-9-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

I flagged purely because of the rudeness of your comment... if you have nothing nice to say... you know how the rest goes.
edit on Sun Sep 28 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: OrionsGem

That first pic looks like Moe from the Simpsons.

I like pics of deep space objects they're cool.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Oh wow thanks for contributing nothing of substance with your post.

New and old members alike most likely will not be searching ATS to dig up these pix.
Some are as recent as June 2014.

Im confident there are members here who will enjoy this thread, whether these are new or old photos.

I hope I did not offend, a thousand apologies your grace, I thank you for the

OG

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I showed my son these pics and I commented that people don't believe life exists in space, he responded well we do so why wouldn't others....

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: AK907ICECOLD

Whoa, Easy buddy!

It never hurts to be reminded that we are very small, just like the Mother Nature pics.
You know that the ATS search engine is 99% flawed. Just say thank you and move on,

Thanks op for the share!

Yes my point exactly, the majority wont go searching thru the archives; Im glad you enjoyed the post, make sure to look again as I have added some more pix to the OP

OG

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Yes. Your life has now took a turn for the worst because of these awesome pictures that were posted more than once on this website.

Too much awesome OP. Please do not reiterate something that is awesome because no one wants to see something awesome more than once.

Thanks spacespider for being the voice of internet justice, or whatever. Now go kill some kittens or something.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Nice thread and excellent choice for the images

The Mystic Mountain and Monocerotis images are the stand-outs for me.

The *improved* Hubble Deep Field is one that leaves me almost feeling queasy. It's like looking down from a tall building or imagining being in the ocean at night - makes individual life seem irrelevant. Looking at those galaxies, separated by 1000s of light years, shows how lonely intelligent life and civilisations could be. We could have a vibrant, technological culture in a neighbouring galaxy and never be able to communicate or know of our respective existence.

Of course, we might have the same thing in this galaxy already and still the distances are almost too great to fully comprehend.

There's also the underlying awesome beauty of coming from the same origins as these galaxies and being able to look at them.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Thanks glad you enjoyed!

Yes I can almost picture other human like beings existing in each one of those galaxies so far far away.

Some of these photos look almost hand drawn or cartoon like, and Id like to restate these are all real photos folks!
Some ofcourse have adjusted colors and such...but still amazing structures in space!

Imagine seeing these with in person thru the eyepiece of a telescope? Floating above your head? In real time? Flippin' Amazing!!

OG
edit on 9-28-2014 by OrionsGem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Are they any less beautiful? Nope.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Well I really enjoyed that, so thank you. Very awe inspiring.

Seen a few before but always nice to be reminded of the beauty of the universe

edit on 28-9-2014 by KingDoey because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Many thanks for a great post, WOW does not really cover them! I just love all things 'space', and history!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Glad some are enjoying the thread, I just added some more photos=)

OG

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Hubble has been amazing and a big win for NASA over its lifetime. Hopefully with NASA's new heavy launch vehicle we will one day see the launch a telescope with a 5 meter mirror to replace Hubbles 2.4 meter mirror. Fingers crossed.
edit on 28 9 2014 by glend because: spelling

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend
Hubble has been amazing and a big win for NASA over its lifetime. Hopefully with NASA's new heavy launch vehicle we will one day see the launch a telescope with a 5 meter mirror to replace Hubbles 2.4 meter mirror. Fingers crossed.

Does a 2x larger mirror mean twice as much magnification? Or does it multiply exponentially with mirror size?

OG

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   

I think its twice from what I have read on the internet.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend

I think its twice from what I have read on the internet.

Awesome! I can only imagine what we will capture then!

OG

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join