It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black is the new Arab?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard

Blacks in the USA are the same slaves as they were two hundred years ago except they thought they were free and are now starting to see this and they are only one notch above the rest of us in the new police state known as the USA.

!

What a pure load of it. Right out of the bulls A**.

Anyone still believing this or promoting this idea should be relegated to the useful idiot category.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Wait - aren't you always scoffing at people being PC? Guess it doesn't matter until it hits you personally, huh?

Are you sure you have the right person?
I normally don't say anything about being PC.
Could you please show me.

As far as Red Skins go, My husband is Full Blooded Dakota Sioux. He calls himself the biggest Red Skin on our Block.
I just call him my husband among other things

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: stellawayten
Despite the various degrees of discussion already in this thread, I'll interject another point.

Blacks in the US are unhappy with their situation trying to resided with whites. The situation is dynamic and displeasure and distrust is growing on all sides regardless of how the media and government attempts to downplay the problems.

What I see coming is a massive exodus of blacks into the Islamic religion for two reasons. First, it is not a traditional white religion and second, it has present-day practices that are extreme by J/C standards. The sum being that it is different from typical American mores, practices. Embracing that religion will give the blacks a way out of the only choice they have today which of being "like whitey." In shifting to Islam, they can finding if not create their own values (if not the same values) by other means.

The possibility, however, is that the chasm between the two races will grow if black Muslim are not careful about how they adopt and implement their new faith. On the other side, white America will need to accept a rapid conversion of millions of its citizens into a different life style that gives them a more secure and unique identity in America than they have ever had before.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

And people are blaming Islam? Muslims don't go beheading people if they loose a job for God's sake! This man is a product of society, not Islam.

I am not blaming Islam, as a whole, but I have to disagree a bit here. He IS a product of radicalization, the means to that end was the justifications and rationalization provided by a radical form of Islam.

One only needs to spend some time viewing his own words....his fb page. (Not sure if everyone has seen it yet)
His own words.

Now...take a look. Take a look over time. His past you speak of and the "shifting" of his thought process and how a [potentially] violent past plays into this. He was easy to radicalize, very malleable....disenfranchised. Easy pickings for those that know how to manipulate and play on the emotions of others.

His own words claim that "he wasn't the person he used to be".....he espouses radical ideals over and over on that page and as I said in another thread, so do A LOT of his "friends" at fb....both male AND female.
....I spent nearly two hours going through his feed, both recent and from years ago. I spent a lot of that time jumping around to his "friends" feeds....LOTS of radical ideology being espoused by A LOT of them. (See my previous posts in the other thread for more insight...I typed it all out there and am too lazy to do it again, lol)

Point being?.....He IS a product of his environment, with that I agree....but it cannot go unnoticed that he is also a product of radicalization via a radical form of Islam, it just can't. It's disingenuous.

Yes, he was mad he lost the job and, in the end, that is what "set him off".....but he was mad at A LOT of things. Like I said, no need to type it out when one can read his words. Years of them to be exact....

....just take look-see, that's all I'm saying.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: guohua

Ahh, well - my apologies if I was mistaken. I could have sworn I saw you posting in some "PC" threads, specifically the one about changing the name of the Washington Redskins, but I can't find that thread so I'll just call it my mistake.

Some Native Americans are very offended by the term redskin, even though your husband isn't. I'm sure there are some Asians out there who don't care about being referred to as yellow skinned either. What offends some in the group doesn't offend others in that same group. All we can do is try to be as respectful of everyone as we can.

Addressing the OP, I think there will be a subset of the American population who will now look at black people as possible radical Muslims - but those are the same subset of people who have always been prejudiced for one reason or another. Same ignorance, different day.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: guohua

But I'm sure 'You' (the "other Me"..) would agree there are too many 'names' already?

Your beautiful daughter is the embodiment of 'Yin' as She assists 'Yang' on His exit...

namaste

Edit: "ALL Indians walk single file, at least the ONLY One I knew did..." Using this method it becomes quite easier to make a "them" out of whomever is the 'foe du jour'
edit on 28-9-2014 by JimNasium because: I left out My 'blanket statement'

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Some statistics on Islam in America.

American Muslims come from various backgrounds, and are one of the most racially diverse religious groups in the United States according to a 2009 Gallup poll.[8] Native-born American Muslims are mainly African Americans who make up about a quarter of the total Muslim population. Many of these have converted to Islam during the last seventy years. Conversion to Islam in large urban areas[9] has also contributed to its growth over the years.

The Muslim population of the U.S. increased dramatically in the 20th century, with much of the growth driven by a comparatively high birth rate and immigrant communities of mainly Arab and South Asian descent. About 72% of American Muslims are immigrants or "second generation".[10][11] In 2005, more people from Islamic countries became legal permanent United States residents — nearly 96,000 — than in any year in the previous two decades.[12][13] In 2009, more than 115,000 Muslims became legal residents of the United States.[14]

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 28-9-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Interesting to me that this was picked up on. A friend of mine had brought up this very point the other day.

There have been racial militant black Muslims since the 60's and the government has considered them a real threat since then. Not surprising that they are being portrayed as a new threat today, not many young people would remember what happened in those days. I may know a little more about it being from Detroit and hearing the stories about the riots that happened when I was too young to have know about it personally.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
1. This doesn't seem to have much to do with religion or race except in the American mind, which has been steeped in xenophobic bs on a truly frightening level for over a decade to perpetuate a low risk high profit unending against... well we haven't actually done a good job of defining who it's against- they could be anyone anywhere really - from John Walker Lindh to Jose Padilla to Richard Reid to Bo Bergdahl to an Afghani opium farmer (unless he works for us) to ________. That's the beauty of the with us or against us decree from a military industrial complex perspective- no matter how many people we kill we never got them all and no matter who we kill it might be a "legitimate" target.

2. It's very unlikely that African Americans will embrace a jihad on America en masse- that kind of paranoia grows out of above mentioned with us or against us mentality. African Americans could go to Haiti if they wanted to live in a society where racial injustice had been repaid to the fullest measure, but there's a good reason they choose not to - the consequences were even more dire than what happened in America due to generations of shamefully slow and often begrudged movement away from injustice. There is also the fact that African American churches don't preach a "white religion" (whatever that would mean) but in fact are deeply linked with the old testament story of non whites who emerged from bondage into greatness under the protection of God, and these churches have been a vital part of the progress made so far. As for black Muslims - well Bill Cosby's oft misquoted pound cake speech made a dang good point in suggesting that black churches should enforce a standard in their neighborhood the way black Muslims can, and it goes to show that Islam has a legitimate place in America as well, which far from leading to the overthrow of America has occasionally been useful in holding America to the promise of what it could be. Just because a religion teaches strength and assertiveness of values in one's own community does not necessitate that the religion strive for dominance of other people's communities- that's a perverse politically manipulated phase that religions go through. Christianity had such a phase when it was only 14 (a century is basically a year in religious development) and now being 21 Christianity is still in the process of maturing out of that. Guess what - Islam is now 14. But just as not all teens fall into a bad crowd, not all believers accept political agendas wrapped in their chosen faith.
What I see coming is a continued maturation of both religions that makes them both less involved in strife. What I see coming politically is common cause among the poor of all demographics as the oligarchs continue to take more and more from us all.

Which brings us back to what caused this crime - economics.

3. You throw somebody out of society and go figure he considers violent retaliation. I've been there. If I had a criminal record and racism to contend with maybe I wouldn't have held on to the hope that prevented me from turning violent. Hope is dying all over though, for blacks whites Christians Muslims and everyone else. There are too many people and not enough room on modern society. We have two choices- to fight for space, or to replace the leaders who could lead us in creating more space but instead steal the wealth that would require for their own benefit.

How do we make the right choice? Simple. Refuse to fear strangers. Relate their plight to your own. And ask what you could do together that you cannot do alone.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: The Vagabond

While I agree that most Muslim comes from different backgrounds we also can not denied that having Muslim converted or migrated into the nation that accounts for one quarter of the Muslim population within the black community is very significant

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I fail to understand the significance. Please elaborate.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

That is a very good post. I like it. A lot...

Gives a lot for all of us to think about.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Perhaps that is the problem when it comes to tolerance practice in the US, by the time people starts to see the danger of a growing Islam in the US we could be facing problmes with challenging of our existing laws to accommodate the islam law.

Then we have to see the statistic of converted muslim withing the black population in prisions that has become a problem when radical Islam is the main pusher for such convertion.

Conversion to Islam in U.S. prisons,

High rate of conversions to Islam

In addition to immigration, the state, federal and local prisons of the United States may be a contributor to the growth of Islam in the United States. J. Michael Waller claims that Muslim inmates comprise 17-20% of the prison population in New York, or roughly 350,000 inmates in 2003. He also claims that 80% of the prisoners who "find faith" while in prison convert to Islam.[1] These converted inmates are mostly African American, with a small but growing Hispanic minority.[2] Waller also asserts that many converts are radicalized by outside Islamist groups linked to terrorism, but other experts suggest that when radicalization does occur it has little to no connection with these outside interests.[3][4][5]

Concern in United States

Concern over jailhouse conversions to Islam first rose in 2001 when Imam Warith Deen Umara, Islamic chaplain for the New York State prison system, was reported to have praised the September 11 attacks. This prompted members of Congress to call for an investigation of Islam in the nation’s prisons.[6]

In a 2004 report, the Justice Department faulted the prison system for failing to protect against “infiltration by religious extremists.” However, the report made clear that the problem was not radical chaplains, but, rather extremist inmates running worship services.[6]

Mark S. Hamm, a criminologist at Indiana State University, describes a phenomenon he calls "prison Islam." This consists of "small gang-like cliques that use cut-and-paste versions of the Koran" to give a religious patina to violent and criminal activities. Hamm has identified five such examples since 2005, notably the 2005 Los Angeles bomb plot.[6]

en.wikipedia.org...

That is the concern about the growing Islam within our nations border

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

His colour of skin, his nation of origin, his professed faith, none of these are strictly relevant to his subnormal behaviour.

The fact is, that everything we know about this person, speaks to an inability to make informed life choices, an inability to align himself with the healthier aspects of living in a society larger than one's self, and a propensity for behaviour which defies logic and reason.

To my mind, his individual psychopathology has more to do with the reasons behind the appalling crime he committed after being fired. It is perfectly possible that he felt victimised by humanity, like the punchline in a cosmic joke, and rather than suck it up, like everyone else who wakes up feeling that way, he lost his crap, and cut off a womans head, before shanking some other lady. Also, the victimology could be interesting. Both assaults were against women, which speaks not to his religious beliefs, but to his insecurity as a man, perhaps he thought himself unable to confront a male with the same surity of purpose.

All we can say for certain at this time, is that Muslim or otherwise, this man had a psychopathology and history which lead one to understand that it was a matter of time before he flipped. No matter whether he was somehow radicalised, or whether he was just died in the wool bonkers, this incident or something very much like it, was probable at some point on his time line.

What you said here, is true of every single member of ISIS. Each of their psychopathy appears to be the same. One guy joined up with ISIS because he was having a difficult time supporting his 9 children even though he was gainfully employed. (DUH!)

This type of person - as you described above - is exactly who has been radicalized. And my husband and I have said it before, every single one of these people would have killed regardless of where they were or what religion they called themselves.

My husband has always said its better ISIS members are killing people in the middle east, because its better there than the streets of LA or London. Because basically, all the psychotic murders just got together and made a little club. (Which is helpful to us)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

However, the report made clear that the problem was not radical chaplains, but, rather extremist inmates running worship services.[6]

Mark S. Hamm, a criminologist at Indiana State University, describes a phenomenon he calls "prison Islam." This consists of "small gang-like cliques that use cut-and-paste versions of the Koran" to give a religious patina to violent and criminal activities. Hamm has identified five such examples since 2005, notably the 2005 Los Angeles bomb plot

your link... best to clarify this.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Yes, they have to clarify because it doesn't look good if Chaplains or those that volunteers to religious services and education within the jail walls were deemed as "radicals".

Very simple.

Still radicalism within jail or prison population is a danger, a problem and is growing fast.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Thank you for putting it a little more explicitly. It felt distasteful to assume you were going in that direction without being sure.

May I point out that similar fears were raised about my Irish ancestors and the potential influence of their Catholic faith on our laws. But it worked out OK. Not only did it turn out that my opionated and sometimes rude and rowdy breed liked it here and didn't want to make it too much like the place we came from; it also turned out we're a hell of a good friend to have on your side in a fight. So it will be with Islamic Americans. If push ever comes to shove with Russia or China that will speed the process along, but if not it will still work out. There will be foreign-seeming neighborhoods, tensions, fights, even riots. But we'll get used to eachother- we'll meet in school, at work, in public, there will be mixed marriages, and after a while the distinction between us will be a one day a year affair - like Cinco de Mayo or Saint Patty's day.

That's how being a great nation works. China did it to the Mongols, America has done it to wave after wave of immigrants. Rome of course failed to do it to the Goths- and guess why- because they were afraid and departed from the usual Roman method - they kept them separate treated them differently and tried to control and exploit them, and that's how civil war happens.

Come on conservatives, let's see some patriotism. Have you no faith in America? Is God not on our side? What makes you afraid?

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

So many fall victim to stereotypes, obviously there are many in the middle east and Arabia that could look exactly like this man, and they are Muslim, on the other hand, there are Muslims that are Caucasian.

Have you ever seen a video of the chief executioner in Saudi Arabia? he could look like this man as well.

So you could ask the question with a fill in blank , ________ is the new Arab ? for any follower or ethnicity of Islam, it would really make no sense.

First you have to figure out how this might have happened, well a great majority of the influence in Africa lay in the wake of the Muslim conquests hundreds to thousands of years ago, there are also many in Indochina and West Asia that are Islamic.

The television has way too much power because all they have to do is take any picture or graphic they want, put a story behind it and instantly it transforms many into monolithic thinkers who form a lasting opinion with minutes of a story running.

Does this mean that black is the new Arab? well my answer to that is unequivocally no!
But for some that are uneducated, weaker minded and fall victim to sound bytes and what the television would broadcast via their delivery method of picking and choosing what to show over and over then maybe they might disagree.

It is also fact that many inmates do convert to Islam in prison, so what? I think many people convert to all kinds of beliefs and religions as well, but to be honest the great majority are peaceful and you would never see anything so horrible perpetrated by them, this man definitely was suffering from some great mental illness and he needed help, it is unfortunate that either his dabbling into religion had to come to this and I do wonder what or any effect the press reports over the last months have had to do with his actions, the subconscious is a very scary thing if seeded with certain things that fall into the deplorable category.

edit on 28-9-2014 by phinubian because: added information

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I am glad to clarify here, but the way Chrisitanity is look at by the black community is the reason they are embracing Islam.

For me, I do not practice any religion and neither support any religious views or organizations, but the growing Islam in the nation specially when it comes to radicalism like in any religion is a concern

The big question is why the black community specially males are turning into Islam faster than the white or other type ethnic background group in the US.

This is not limited to the US as UK is facing the same problems in prison and within their borders.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
It is not that they are turning to Islam, but who is turning to the radicalized versions, you have to think that one reason is economics and oppression this one factor that is a line that can be drawn for those that have absolutely nothing else, except their religion, take a look, you have these great numbers of people with absolutely nothing to do and absolutely no future in sight, so what do they do?

I do believe that what we see in the middle east, and that is where it comes from, is a direct result of the alliance between Europe and Saudi Arabia that centers around the oil business, and the enrichment of the nations elite that are a part of the alliance.

Those elite few families cash in on the oil that lay beneath their countries and yet do not develop or advance their own civilizations, if these countries were reinvesting and creating jobs then you would not see this nonsense at least in the number that we see rising.

The end of it all would be if the people of the Arab nations got wise to this, and actually turned on the Saudis and took control of their own destiny and future, but unfortunately they see the root of their problem, manifested in the so called "infidels" their own bogey men.

This entire issue is a direct result of the oil greed and the nations of the world having their fingers in the pie, it's the same old story as throughout history, the rich will want to keep their power and their foothold in society at any cost and would wish to keep the masses enslaved to them and as a last result, have them annihilate each other, as they continue counting their gold and oil reserves.

There is also evidence of this same thing in Africa, if you look at Sunoco and some of it's operations in very poor countries.

edit on 28-9-2014 by phinubian because: more info added

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join