It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black is the new Arab?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium
a reply to: guohua

But I'm sure 'You' (the "other Me"..) would agree there are too many 'names' already?

Your beautiful daughter is the embodiment of 'Yin' as She assists 'Yang' on His exit...

namaste

Edit: "ALL Indians walk single file, at least the ONLY One I knew did..." Using this method it becomes quite easier to make a "them" out of whomever is the 'foe du jour'

Thank You My Friend and I agree with you.
My husband say's he walks a little crocked some times,,,, that's to Fool The Forked Tongue POTUS

Who I don't Believe is A Muslim either.
edit on 28-9-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

I don't LET any WHITE SUPREMACIST kill ANYONE without stopping them. I feel it is MY duty to HUMANITY to STOP such SCUM (WHO ARE only CHRISTIAN IN NAME ONLY AS WELL) anywhere I know of it happening as BEST as I can or SHOOT said individual if they are ACTIVE SHOOTERS
I WON'T kill a man who asks IF I have heard the tenants OF ALLAH,I say thank you no and THAT IS it.
NOR will I LET anyone TAKE REVENGE in AMERICA from ISLAM They will DIE as quickly as I can kill them BEFORE the cops get them and release them later.

Now YOU guys do THAT. or we will STILL have NO CHOICE but to kill you MORE and lets face it BOTH of US really don't want it.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

You lost me completely with the white supremacist thing.......

or is that tied into the "you guys" thing?

Empty internet threats are ugly things and don't really help the conversation.

Scouts out

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: guohua

IS she single and looking to immigrate? lol!

a reply to: yuppa
Yes she is Single and Buddhist, and a Naturalized American Citizen like her Mother

My husband and I from my old job made some arrangements for her to get some special training
in weapons that our daughter is very interested in.
She's home here in Phoenix has of last week.

I think my question is this, is there only One (1) Version of the Koran? Like the King James Version of The Holy Bible.

LOL awesome. well tell her I wish her well and may fate bestow many blessings on your family and her. To bad yall live all the way in Pheonix ah well. lol.

As for your question of there being one quran. Yes they destroyed all other ones in the old days. Here is the funny thing.
They always say its never been changed when asked about it but thats not entirely true.

You see they edited it a bit from the original language into modern arabian. The old language didnt have accents above the words. the problem with this is that it changes the MEANINGS of some verses ENTIRELY. This was intentionally done by caliphs and higher ups to control the people under them. Add to that the fact that if you ask about it or call out them today you will be marked a apostate and killed if they can.

The king james isnt th eonly bible version but its close as most will get to a original just after a translation to english. anything after it has been alteed enough so as to be as accurate.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Thank You for that reply for our family, I did tell her Hello for you, She smiled and say's Hello.
Thank you for the insight into the Quran ( with a Q ) as you have spelled it. I thought it was Koran.

I had heard that the early Catholic Church or some one left Books out of the official version of the Bible used today.
This way it suited there version of history and the Dominic Role of Men over Women.
At lest we are taught this in China when comes to Religion.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Not to derail my own thread but the Yellow being offensive comment made me think of a song I learned in Sunday school...

Jesus loves the little children.
All the children of the world.
Red and yellow. Black and white.
They are precious in His site.
Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Is that offensive? I remember being little and trying to figure out which color went with which people.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: stellawayten
Not to derail my own thread but the Yellow being offensive comment made me think of a song I learned in Sunday school...

Is that offensive? I remember being little and trying to figure out which color went with which people.

Not to continue with derailing your thread But,,, I will answer you in place of my wife.
That song was wrote in the 1800 I believe for the Civil War.
Give me a minute to Google it.
Oh, and Yes, I find it Offensive in today's Day and Age to be used.
I would assume that in the 21st. Century people are more Culturally Educated than to Refer to the Asian Race as Yellow.

Clare Herbert Woolston (1856-1927) was a preacher in Chicago Illinois. He wrote the words for Jesus Loves the Little Children. The music was written by George F. Root (1820-1895), who wrote the words and music for several well known hymns, including Behold the Bridegroom Cometh!. Root originally wrote the tune for Jesus Loves the Little Children to accompany an American Civil War song called Tramp, Tramp, Tramp

Jesus Loves
Old Time Religion
The 1800's their not to Culturally Advanced anyway, he could be forgive'en.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

You are back! Did you catch anything in the rain ?
I remember the song from church or someplace .... I did not realize where it came from and thanks for adding to my limited knowledge base.. I at first only remembered WWll and the ways Yellow was used and then the Korean war .. The old psychological benefit of, "It is easier to kill your enemy if they are given a derogatory name and demonized".

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Not to continue with derailing your thread But,,, I will answer you in place of my wife.
That song was wrote in the 1800 I believe for the Civil War.
Give me a minute to Google it.
Oh, and Yes, I find it Offensive in today's Day and Age to be used.
I would assume that in the 21st. Century people are more Culturally Educated than to Refer to the Asian Race as Yellow.

Clare Herbert Woolston (1856-1927) was a preacher in Chicago Illinois. He wrote the words for Jesus Loves the Little Children. The music was written by George F. Root (1820-1895), who wrote the words and music for several well known hymns, including Behold the Bridegroom Cometh!. Root originally wrote the tune for Jesus Loves the Little Children to accompany an American Civil War song called Tramp, Tramp, Tramp

Jesus Loves
Old Time Religion
The 1800's their not to Culturally Advanced anyway, he could be forgive'en.

Okay, I'm not being a jerk... I really want to know why yellow is offensive compared to red, black and white. I'm a white (I would say more peach) girl that doesn't understand or comprehend racial offense... of course except the N word. That's pretty well established in my area. I seriously didn't know till I was very grown that saying "Jew them down" was offensive. Same with saying something is N word rigged. It's just the culture that I grew up with. I never associated those sayings with a race of people. I just thought it was how you said you got something for a lower price or you made due temporarily.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I did, I caught one 38 pound Flathead catfish and one 23 pound, the rest where only 3 to 8 pound's each.

Thanks for asking, My Wife is Very Happy, She'll have a lot of Fish Head Soup to enjoy.

Yes, you're right, the Japanese were often called our Yellow Menace, But their not Yellow are they?
you know this better than most here, from where you live now and your wife, like mine, are Not Yellow at all,
But a Beautiful Cream Color unless their in the sun to long, But that's why you see Asian women carrying Umbrellas on sunny days, they don't want to tan.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: stellawayten
Mr. g here, I'd be more than Happy to try and help you a little. OK, I'm a full blooded indian.
Would you walk up to me and call me a Red Skin or Injun?
Or how about a Redman?
No you wouldn't.

Ok, calling my wife a Yellow woman or her race Yellow is the same thing.
Their not Yellow for one thing, their very White, Actually, Whiter than most Caucasians.
It is also akin to calling them Slope-heads. That's the N word to an Asian and you had be Prepared to Defend yourself.

@ 727Sky, Am I wrong in anything I've stated my friend?

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
ETA: I'm sorry, My wife asked me to remove the picture, she said if you want to see her picture their in the ATS member pictures thread.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

ETA: I'm sorry, My wife asked me to remove the picture, she said if you want to see her picture their in the ATS member pictures thread.

I get that. But im not really white and you aren't really red. We are all shades of beige.. so why is a word that is a color offensive. I really am trying to understand.

No one ever wants to color with the white crayon.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

And I've never heard the term slope head before. I don't get it. Why slope head?

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   

I get that. But im not really white and you aren't really red. We are all shades of beige.. so why is a word that is a color offensive. I really am trying to understand.

No one ever wants to color with the white crayon.

The best I can do for you other than but you in the Shoes of an Over Achieving Asian trying to fit in.

Yellow Peril (sometimes Yellow Terror) was a color metaphor for race that originated in the late nineteenth century with Chinese immigrants as coolie slaves or laborers to various Western countries, notably the United States. It was later associated with the Japanese during the mid-20th century, due to Japanese military expansion, and eventually extended to all Asians of East and Southeast Asian descent.

The term refers to perceptions regarding the skin color of East Asians, the fear that the mass immigration of Asians threatened white wages and standards of living, and the fear that they would eventually take over and destroy western civilization, replacing it with their ways of life and values.

The term also refers to the fear and or belief that East Asian societies would attack and wage wars with western societies and eventually wipe them out and lead to their total annihilation whether it be their societies, people, ways of life, history, and or cultural values.

Link
OK, Slope-Head is like being called a Chink, Gook,,, Here's a link.
Linky

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Another way to answer your questions is like this.
You understand that when the song mentioned was wrote back in the 1800's it was considered normal to use the word the started with the letter N when specking to or about an African-American.

OK, the same goes for the term Slopehead and yellow and Gook and Chink.
Those days are long gone and we should be better Educated and Mature and Culturally Educated on Race, than to have to ask the question, Yellow Offends You, How?

I have to ask, does the current affairs with the Actions of the Radical Muslims Offend other Muslims?
I think it does.

edit on 29-9-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

No.

When only confirmed radicals, who harm ALL people in equal measure, die, no one gets angry who was not angry already. When fifty non-combatants die, because western governments approve a drone operation to take out ten actual terrorists, and refuse to use a method which ensures a clean, low collateral result, that is when moderate people get angry, and it has EVER been thus, in EVERY conflict.

What does not help the situation at the moment, is that for the last decade or so, masses of non-combatant casualties have been inflicted on populations caught between brutal theocracies, and western agendas, both of which, without question, place far too little value on the lives of the ordinary person in the street, both in their own territories, and abroad.

THAT is what radicalises people. It is still wrong to join forces with a bunch of religious fanatics, especially if one has any respect for ones faith at all, but wrong or not, that is what happens, and it is actually perfectly understandable. Loss breaks minds. Losses have been inflicted on a near industrial scale, and the response is hardly likely to be rational!

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   

I did, I caught one 38 pound Flathead catfish and one 23 pound, the rest where only 3 to 8 pound's each.

Good Gosh that is some kinda fishin ! I would have needed someone to help me bring in the 38 pounder... Biggest I ever caught was a 25 pound yellow cat !

And yes I agree with everything you said. The Asian people I know are extremely polite and always try to not offend through actions or words; until you are married then watch out ! hahahah... I think it comes from the old sword days plus from an early age manners are drilled into them.. They may think you are a foreign devil among other things but usually one would never know unless some invisible line is crossed then they are quite capable of defending themselves in words and deeds. ...

My wife is very strong willed when in her country... However she takes better care of me than I deserve plus she is usually right and keeps me out of trouble.. About the only thing she has ever said to me was I was stubborn !

I just told her that is why she still likes me ! hahah

I think we are both (you and I) lucky in so many ways... I know I am.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
To those that are debating the skin tone system of racial typing, those designations go way back to ancient Greece. They had their health science based on the harmony of the four humors, red representing blood, black representing bile, yellow representing urine, and white representing mucus and semen.

They believed that an imbalance of the humors created disease and that is where the idea of blood letting came from. As for the designation of races, they thought that skin tone represented an over abundance of one of the humors.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Thank You for that reply for our family, I did tell her Hello for you, She smiled and say's Hello.
Thank you for the insight into the Quran ( with a Q ) as you have spelled it. I thought it was Koran.

I had heard that the early Catholic Church or some one left Books out of the official version of the Bible used today.
This way it suited there version of history and the Dominic Role of Men over Women.
At lest we are taught this in China when comes to Religion.

That makes me smile too! I love to make people smile btw lol. Anyway back to some of the stuff raised.

YEs the catholic church did alot of meddling instead of just collecting all the various books together and putting them in a huge tome. But that would had been actual work and they wanted membership(aka money to church) to be huge and as such dumbed it down basically. Yes the anchient popes were crooked.

Now as to that song jesus loves me. The original intent of the man was not really racial. he meant that jesus loves us no matter the tone of our skin.Now you can take it literally and then its offensive but as everything in the bible metaphore is king.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join