It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Scholars Open Letter To IS Blasting Its Ideology

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Without our lovely free Saudi Arabia

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

What would be enough for people like you who keep claiming nothing is good enough?

All these nations are helping to invade Syria, not some Imaginary "Sate of Islam".

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

As I've said, if you want to disprove my claim that arab/muslim nations aren't doing enough in this, feel free to.

Syria, Lebanon & Iraq all fighting IS...
5 other Muslims Nations part of Obama's coalition...
Iran yesterday making claims that IS need to be destroyed and that they will be getting involved...

That's 8 Middle Eastern nation all doing there bit...

What would be enough for people like you who keep claiming nothing is good enough?

I think we can leave out Syria and Iraq for the time being - they are barely to be considered countries anymore and even if they were - they're fighting themselves.

Lebanon - good for them. What is their contribution? You're right - I'll have to do a little bit of research to find that out. I'd welcome your own input on that, though.

What I - and I imagine most people - would consider near good enough from the arab/muslim world on this matter would be near bankruptcy in the amount spent and an equal amount of manpower to 'western' nations involved - if not more - to rid themselves and all of us of this scourge.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: xavi1000

Thanks for the list. I know where I'm never, ever going.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

link   

link   
a reply to: OptimusCrime

No. Provide them here, for the purposes of this discussion.

You and others are throwing the numbers around. It is up to you to provide the source of the statistics.

That said, i find it unbelievable just how ignorant many here are of Islam. I myself am not Muslim, and have never subscribed to any organised religion. But i understand that extremists are the minority, just as they are in other religions. I understand that the Quran was written over a period of many years and therefore reflects the specific times of which the many chapters were written. I understand that many of the extreme practices directly violate excerpts of the Quran itself. I understand that the Islamic prophet Muhammad actually espoused the protection of others, including Christians, as evidenced in an ancient document held by a Christian monastery that's been at the foot of Mount Sinai for 1,500 years:

"This is a message from Muhammad ibn Abdullah, as a covenant to those who adopt Christianity, near and far, we are with them. Verily I, the servants, the helpers, and my followers defend them, because Christians are my citizens; and by Allah! I hold out against anything that displeases them.

No compulsion is to be on them. Neither are their judges to be removed from their jobs nor their monks from their monasteries.

No one is to destroy a house of their religion, to damage it, or to carry anything from it to the Muslims' houses. Should anyone take any of these, he would spoil God's covenant and disobey His Prophet. Verily, they are my allies and have my secure charter against all that they hate.

No one is to force them to travel or to oblige them to fight. The Muslims are to fight for them. If a female Christian is married to a Muslim, it is not to take place without her approval. She is not to be prevented from visiting her church to pray.

Their churches are to be respected. They are neither to be prevented from repairing them nor the sacredness of their covenants. No one of the nation (Muslims) is to disobey the covenant till the Last Day (the end of the world)."

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Maybe you guys should stop misquoting the Quran and actually do some preliminary research into Islam itself.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

…radical islam…

I forgot that propaganda term, thank you. Add that one to the "excuses list".

Nothing in this world is more radical than violating a nations sovereignty and waging aggressive war, no matter what the excuse.

Nice try ,though.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
ATTENTION!!

Stick to the thread topic. Stop the personal slagging.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shuye

originally posted by: CloudsTasteMetallic
a reply to: Shuye

A man or woman who is a medium or spiritist among you must be put to death. You are to stone them; their blood will be on their own heads.
- Leviticus 20:27

Huh.

Dude why is this turning to Judaism? Honestly radical Judaism is no better and it is a crazy story all by itself, but I don't see people stoning others to death on the streets in the name of Elohim... On the other hand, Muslims still do and then they say "oh no, our religion is all about peace really".

REALLY?

That list in the OP is a f joke and if someone came with such a made up list on Judaism or Christianity I would laugh my ass off just as well.

Just trying to make the point that all Abrahamic-based religious texts contain a dark side that can be taken out of context.

Here state-side, people love to spout out the "happiness, sunshine and puppies FOREVER!
" verses from the Bible, whilst somewhat skimming over the verses like my original example.

People seem to be freaking out over the minority of Islamic radicals, while glossing over things such as, oh, Westboro Baptist Church, for one.

Do all Christians identify with Westboro? No. But, Westboro is loud and crazy enough to garner massive attention, and make the rest look bad by comparison to the uninformed.

Something tells me true Islam looks at ISIS in much the same light as we would Westboro.

I really don't want to see The Crusades 2.0, but, sadly, this seems to be whats taking shape in the near future.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

…radical islam…

I forgot that propaganda term, thank you. Add that one to the "excuses list".

Nothing in this world is more radical than violating a nations sovereignty and waging aggressive war, no matter what the excuse.

Nice try ,though.

Well, you wouldn't be happy if I had said just 'islam', so I did my best to placate you and the like by reminding myself and others that it's not all islam.

But, you will never be happy, will you?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: CloudsTasteMetallic

Westboro followers are scum no doubt but have they cut people's heads off or killed anyone or is it just a lot of noise coming out of their blow holes?

edit on 26-9-2014 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Who did they ask?

Prove to me this poll took place and isn't just a fabricated chart!

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I know that my friend...

I wonder if the reprobate Islamophobes do!!!

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: CloudsTasteMetallic

Westboro followers are scum no doubt but have they cut people's heads off or killed anyone or is it just a lot of noise coming out of their blow holes?

Touche.

Also, they use the US Dollar to buy/trade oil, so... they can't be THAT bad.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Who did they ask?

Prove to me this poll took place and isn't just a fabricated chart!

Poll took place, Pew Research Center is serious organisation.If you dont believe them you can research by yourself and finding evidence.Here is their leadership and staff

www.pewresearch.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join