It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Scholars Open Letter To IS Blasting Its Ideology

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: CloudsTasteMetallic
a reply to: Shuye

A man or woman who is a medium or spiritist among you must be put to death. You are to stone them; their blood will be on their own heads.
- Leviticus 20:27

Huh.

Yes, I just saw a group of Methodists chopping the heads off of fortunetellers down the street.... NOT.
Leviticus is full of Old Testament that neither Jews or Christians follow today. Like stoning adulterers to death.
But I can find headlines where homosexuals and women... guilty of nothing more than being raped have been imprisoned and or executed in Islamic countries.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: xavi1000

Salafism is Wahhabism...
Same thing...

Shariah is more complicated than you make out though...
It's a law between 2 Muslims and usually involves contractual matters and last Will and Testement.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite

originally posted by: Kryties

Oh, are they? What is Saudi Arabia doing?

How about consult the link I provided and find out?

The link is very ambiguous and doesn't provide any real information other than about what the USA did.

So Google it then. There is plenty of info just a few finger-clicks away. I am not going to do your work for you mate.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Oh you mean the 5 Arab nations spending millions and millions fighting in unison with the US led Coalition? You mean THOSE countries?

Good point. Obviously those 5 nations aligned with the west are above reproach. Those same human rights violations in their own countries draw nary a whisper.

Not that it matters anyway. All the media blitz about the isis crisis in the west has done its job most effectively. Not that even one of the keyboard warmongers here have ever seen an isis crisis first hand. Or will admit that the US government has repeatedly fabricated lies over the years about the reasons it invades other countries.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Are they providing boots on the ground... in their own neighborhood?

The US is.

The 1st Infantry Division headquarters will deploy to Iraq soon as the U.S. military steps up its campaign against Islamic State militants, the Pentagon said Thursday.

Stars and Stripes
Sent by Obama... the 'No boots on the ground President'.

Your point is?

People are whinging that Arabs are doing nothing to help, when they CLEARLY are. That is the crux of the issue, you can whinge all you like but facts are facts.

You don't see my point?
Let the Muslims that profess to be against ISIS actually fight them.... alone.
Why the hell do we have to do it?
Did we just join their coalition? Or did they join ours?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Oh, are they? What is Saudi Arabia doing?

How about consult the link I provided and find out?

The link is very ambiguous and doesn't provide any real information other than about what the USA did.

So Google it then. There is plenty of info just a few finger-clicks away. I am not going to do your work for you mate.

If you're defending islam then it's your work and not mine, mate.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusCrime
a reply to: BlackNWhite

It's good to see this happening. Giving my faith in the religion of Islam a little boost.

E2A: After further reading this list, I don't believe this is a true act to deny ISIS.

Good Cop/Bad Cop sort of thing.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

It's good to see this happening. Giving my faith in the religion of Islam a little boost.

E2A: After further reading this list, I don't believe this is a true act to deny ISIS.

Good Cop/Bad Cop sort of thing.

I was wrong in my assumption so I wanted to notify the public.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

From what I see a lot tend to kill people that don't covert.

Those are murderers, not Muslims. You been listening to too much western propaganda.

link   

Well what more do you want?

You went on a tirade yesterday, calling into question the entire Islamic religion due to an extreme few. Here are Islamic scholars, authoring a message against ISIS, and you claim that you don't think this is a legitimate act to deny them...How could you possibly know that by reading a bunch of words in a list?

No, i think it is your bias coming through again.

If you had actually paid attention to the overall events, you would know that many in the international Muslim community have actually stood up against ISIS. These include scholars, established organisations, religious leaders, and even the average civilian.

Oh well. This still isn't as bad as your claim that other religions do not currently have extremists which murder people...

link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

You don't see my point?
Let the Muslims that profess to be against ISIS actually fight them.... alone.
Why the hell do we have to do it?
Did we just join their coalition? Or did they join ours?

Tell that to Obama and the other worlds leaders. Explain to them why we should just leave the Arabs alone even after they asked for our help in the issue.

Not quite sure what you're telling ME this for, like I have any influence or anything - although it is nice of you to think that.
edit on 26/9/2014 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Those are murderers, not Muslims. You been listening to too much western propaganda.

All those mean, nasty western propagandists sawing off people's heads - how could they!

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Anyone with a brain in their head would realise that blaming all 1.6 billion members of Islam for the actions of a minority of terrorists is ridiculous. The onus is on those that insist on blanket blaming the Muslims to prove their case, not the other way around.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Western propaganda tells otherwise, that Islam is religion of peace and majority of muslims are peaceful and moderate.Maybe you are listening too much western propaganda.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Anyone with a brain in their head would realise that blaming all 1.6 billion members of Islam for the actions of a minority of terrorists is ridiculous. The onus is on those that insist on blanket blaming the Muslims to prove their case, not the other way around.

You mean the vast 400 Million, more than some countries, that don't care if others kill in the name of Islam?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
So, you're saying that throughout history people have selectively chosen which aspect of their chosen "holy text" to follow, and sometimes interpret them in a biased fashion to fit their own subjective views?

Kinda seems familiar.... Almost like its relevant in the here and now...

Also, correct me if i'm wrong, but I was under the belief that Judaism was based on the rejection of the New Testament. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, right?

And, if you want to go New Testament:

I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent.
1 Timothy 2:12

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Not quite sure what you're telling ME this for, like I have any influence or anything

I was responding to your post where you pretended not to understand my post.

although it is nice of you to think that.

I don't think that of course.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

A woman takes of her burka, and get's scolded. A video on here shows multiple Muslim woman yelling in the face of a Christian lady over this issue. Calling the lady all kinds of names and a whore.

So we bomb them for scolding us. Good solution.

From their point of view though, that solution is the problem[i/].

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

You mean the vast 400 Million, more than some countries, that don't care if others kill in the name of Islam?

400 million DOES NOT equal 1.6 billion.

It's 1st grade Maths, don't even need a calculator for that.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: CloudsTasteMetallic

I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent.

Yes, to be seen in plenty of Protestant churches with women pastors.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join