It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Fossilized Saur". I've found its Skull and it Fit perfectly! Curiosity Sol 64.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

I second your motion, but have no vote. Maybe bring him back but on a very short lease (which he may like).

In Arken's defense, whatever happened here aside, it was he who found the anomaly in the first place well before any youtube critters got hold of it. February 2013, in his OP: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister

I second your motion, but have no vote. Maybe bring him back but on a very short lease (which he may like).

In Arken's defense, whatever happened here aside, it was he who found the anomaly in the first place well before any youtube critters got hold of it. February 2013, in his OP: www.abovetopsecret.com...

THIS!

IF this is indeed true, i support his return 100%.
BUT, if the UGLY thing that seems to have occurred here turns out to have happened,
then i go the other way.
This needs to be investigated thoroughly.
I trust that the mods are all over this.
edit on 29-9-2014 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister

I have to go with what Aleister said. To be honest. Arken is a main staple of the ATS diet. I've bantered with him countless times on the question of *rock or not*. Many a time Arken's thread, out of all the current threads on ATS, was the only one I bothered to make a comment on.

I do hope there will be a thorough investigation on the time frames of whom found what first. If Arken was the first to find the anomaly, I think his membership should be reinstated, so we may all continue to benefit from the intriguing questions regarding Mars. Rock or not rock.

JMOHO...

Des

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
How many times has Arken been sourced by MSM sources bringing people to ATS ? Quite a lot. www.google.com...
I am guessing that perhaps the u tube video may have used Arkens images , but even if he used a few screen captures from a video is that really that bad ?
As for the images I believe they are what they look like, ie. fossils.
edit on 29-9-2014 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LionOfGOD

So there's no misunderstanding, my link in the post a few above this one is to Arken's finding the original rock structure, not to the top of the skull bit that's the subject of this thread. Just wanted to point out that Arken was maybe the first to post the pile of rocks that became the subject here. Is it possible Arken went back and looked again, and independently found the "top of the skull", sure. But the posting of the picture in the OP which then comes back to bite him (almost literally - see funbox's great gif) and its similarity/duplication to and of the frontpiece of the youtube video gives us the itch we can't scratch. Although we shouldn't talk about reasons for banning, this one is pretty much out front in the tale of this thread, so I hope the mods and owners give discussion a little leeway (but if not please delete this post or maybe just a few words or sentences. Thanks.).

edit on 29-9-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

well in all honesty Aleister how many times did finds made on the anomalies thread end up as threads without accreditation, , I seem to remember you pointing that out on at least one occasion, if not more..

sad really

funbox

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: funbox
a reply to: Aleister

well in all honesty Aleister how many times did finds made on the anomalies thread end up as threads without accreditation, , I seem to remember you pointing that out on at least one occasion, if not more..

sad really

funbox

As a little bird points out, NASA and JPL have given all of these pictures into the public domain, so anyone can post any of them without worry. Sometimes a very good "find" in the anomalies thread has jumped over to its own thread by someone else other than the first person to post it, and I've just mentioned from time to time 'This was pointed out an hour ago in the anomalies thread' or some such language. My interest is that if something truly is found that eventually turns out to be a fossilized record of past Martian life that some of the credit goes to its first or early discoverers (on the anomalies thread, folks working since January 1st now, like yourself, Blue Shift, Jeep, ArMap, that one great find by Phage when he was showing us that nothing was there and then we found a great anomaly in the picture he posted, symptomoftheuniverse, Char-Lee, and others who've come and stayed with that thread). This is a kettle of fish, and yes, is sad.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Lotsa boloney with Arken's threads. Entertainment really and it was cool. Something to ponder more often than not. But I draw the line of flat out plagerism. Not cool. I agree with the ban. See you on the other (Martian) side Arken. Stay well.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
In all fairness, plagiarism does not seem to fit Arken's M.O. In all of his past threads, I have never seen him try and steal the work of others, but instead offered original analysis and also supported the work of others.

There is a distinct possibility that the YouTube video picked up on Arken's original observation, and it is also possible, given the richness of "artifacts" in the immediate vacintity, that they BOTH put this skull assemblage together independently.

ATS owes Arken the right to defend himself on this, and I would like to see that happen.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
In all fairness, plagiarism does not seem to fit Arken's M.O. In all of his past threads, I have never seen him try and steal the work of others, but instead offered original analysis and also supported the work of others.

There is a distinct possibility that the YouTube video picked up on Arken's original observation, and it is also possible, given the richness of "artifacts" in the immediate vacintity, that they BOTH put this skull assemblage together independently.

ATS owes Arken the right to defend himself on this, and I would like to see that happen.

I agree with you Charlyv. I have never once in reading *every single thread* Arken has presented to ATS, with his findings from countless hours he's spent in minute detailed searching for Mars anomalies, seen him take credit for another person's research.

You are right, it's not his MO. When he is proven wrong, no matter how long it takes to do so, he gracefully accepts it, and moves on to the next set of of pics to investigate.

Des

edit on 29-9-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I Cant help but wonder if an outside source, has complained to the owners of ATS about this thread, and we might possibly be caving to pressures without a thorough investigation of the time frame of who found what first.

Has Arken been thrown under the bus for something he's not guilty of ? If so, then the heart and soul of ATS has been diminished once again.

Des

edit on 29-9-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

You are right, it's not his MO. When he is proven wrong, no matter how long it takes to do so, he gracefully accepts it, and moves on to the next set of of pics to investigate.

Exactly. I think this defines his contributions here, and the key word is contribution.

So, Mods.. the silence is kind of deafening on this. ATS has proven many times that things that quack are not always ducks.

Any news?

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Date on Arken's original thread: Feb 24th, 2013

Date Youtube video published: Dec 5th, 2013

It seems Youtubers are scanning ATS, and making connections. It seems Arken is doing the same with Youtube. Then again, nothing is as it seems, and they are still just a bunch of rocks.

edit on 9/29/14 by Druid42 because: un-embedded image

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Druid42
Date on Arken's original thread: Feb 24th, 2013

Date Youtube video published: Dec 5th, 2013

It seems Youtubers are scanning ATS, and making connections. It seems Arken is doing the same with Youtube. Then again, nothing is as it seems, and they are still just a bunch of rocks.

Eloquently said and defined, sir.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join