It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Fossilized Saur". I've found its Skull and it Fit perfectly! Curiosity Sol 64.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
what an awesome find ! i've been obsessed with saurs since i was a kid.
i really commend you for this one. most intriguing post i've seen on ATS in a while
edit on 9/26/2014 by 2Chainz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Arken

Great Find Arken! I like the way you put those two together!
I also see something odd on the right side of the image.
Two more heads? One out in the open, the other is below that on the far right side,right on the edge of the picture.
I wish the picture went further over to the right so I could see if there are any more strange items in the Picture.
Thanx for pointing out the 'Gator'?!

Syx.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Marco Polo and Alexander the Great reported seeing dinosaurs…

youtube: Dinosaurs and Humans Co-existing? You Decide.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Arken,
What you point out is certainly very intriguing , however... let's just look at what the experience is here, for geologists and paleontologists , for finding something like this totally exposed on the Earth.

Fact is, it does not really happen that way. Scientists survey areas that they suspect may have fossil evidence based on stratographic analysis and small clues they may have while digging in layers they know are productive of fossils.

Finding something like this , totally exposed on the surface, is like the "Holy Grail" syndrome, and let's face it, it happens so rarely, the likelihood of finding something in this way, is not even considered in the textbooks.

So, forget the textbook part, because I believe it is counter-productive to real discovery... but then again, the odds of coming across a totally exposed fossil, is... well... unreal for me in such a limited journey for this rover , which would take a few hours for a human, if they were there... and , our eyes are so much better than what is mounted on that machine...

I just want to let that out, but not in a negative way, but in a statistical way. The way of science.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Good Post. However, with different weather conditions on Mars, I think that those creatures could have died, and were not covered by years of dirt, rain, etc, on them so they would stay on top of the surface and can now be seen easily. Why not?
No, I do not know the mechanics of the weather system there, but I just had those thoughts.......
I have been going over that pic. and better. I found the 360 degree image from NASA that I have been looking at, and there are carcasses, and a lot of other oddities all over the place!! Later, Syx.
edit on 27-9-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
The problem with this "skull"

Is that part of it is sand... Its only a rock and some sand...

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   
With the eyes out front, it would most likely be a carnivore for stereoscopic vision (herbivores eyes are usually at the side).

It's your findings Arken that keep me on this site. I know one day you will hit jackpot (if you haven't already).

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
WTF!!!!!!!

OK "Its a rock" crowd, heres a challenge.
Go through any Mars or even Earth picture of "rocks" and find 2 that fit together a snugly as the ones in the OP and resemble any sort of recognisable shape.

Arken your efforts and attention to detail consistantly blow me away.
S&F

As for the pic, WTF!!!! Mars had Crocodiles!!!!!!

Easy, the OP has filled in empty areas around the rock, connected rocks to other rocks to make it appear like a skull.

I can take a mundane group of rocks too and colour/fill in the gaps to make it look like an actual an animal/artefact too.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: funbox
a reply to: Aleister

maybe a little movement will get your imagination running

behold , the mighty slug'osaurus

hmmm got me thinking about a slug dinosaur extremophile cross now

funbox

ok, that was funny

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak
a reply to: charlyv

Good Post. However, with different weather conditions on Mars, I think that those creatures could have died, and were not covered by years of dirt, rain, etc, on them so they would stay on top of the surface and can now be seen easily. Why not?
No, I do not know the mechanics of the weather system there, but I just had those thoughts.......
I have been going over that pic. and better. I found the 360 degree image from NASA that I have been looking at, and there are carcasses, and a lot of other oddities all over the place!! Later, Syx.

Charlyv did have a great post, I agree. I disagree on your assertion that different weather conditions on Mars would however allow dinosaur fossils to sit on the surface of the planet for what we have to assume is millions of years. Assuming Mars did sustain this type of life at one point, I don't think there is any reason to believe that Mars sustained that life in the last few million years. So I think it only reinforces Charlyv's point that this is so unlikely as to be dismissable off that bat unfortunately.

I know nothing I or anyone else say on this site in these threads will discourage Arken, which I certainly wouldn't want to do. I personally don't believe he/she has found any concrete proof of life yet, but that isn't to say they won't eventually. In either case their threads are usually wonderfully enjoyable to read. Luckily they are level headed enough as to not argue to the point of absurdity which keeps me always coming back to have a look at what the newest find is.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

SputnikSteve I appreciate Your reply to Me. I understand what You mean by the first paragraph, but want to hold onto My original thoughts on that. Just a Me thing. LOL!
I do however like the second Paragraph better! I on Your Side with that! I always try to give Arken a pat on the back for His/Her efforts!! They're fascinating and eye opening to me. I am One also to browse NASA Images looking for strange artifacts, and have found a lot of them!
Peace to You and Your's, Syx.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I wish people would stop with all of this image patterning and saying that it this and that. If they are blotting out pictures on the moon so that we don't see anything...they surely aren't going to let us see a dinosaur on Mars.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
The caveat in my observation, is certainly the fact that Mars has different geological processes than Earth, therefor, as pointed out by others, it can not be held as a bell weather for everything that is seen. I certainly enjoy Arken's observations, and they supply the substance for most of this discussion.

I certainly hope you do keep up your search Arken, because if you have not already made a substantial discovery, I have every confidence that it is going to pay off eventually for all of us. This is what makes ATS such a great place, so thanks for doing what you do.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

I'd say this is the nail in the Arken coffin unless we hear from ole Arken REAL SOON with an apology and an explanation.

sigh...

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

I agree.

Arken, what the heck man?

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

edit on 28-9-2014 by elephantstone because: wrong thread

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hellas

I made other attempts, and these are the results. Maybe someone with better skills in image processing could be better...

C'mon Arken..

At least give the guys that actually made it some credit.

What an embarrassment. I still find his (original) work intriguing but this one is a goner! sadly.
edit on 28-9-2014 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
wow. perfect fit? too much time surfing photos of rocks man this is nothing more than randomness.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
It seems like you were right my friend, and I do know the truth now. I never even seen the message until it was too late.

Hopefully we'll see you again sometime soon.

Never give up what you do!!

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
What happened here? Does the lack of statistics with Arkens name mean that he has been banned? Can we ask for an appeal on his behalf? He's been a member for such a long time. He's known by most of us.
He's authored so very many threads like this one. I never side with his view but he was a constant. A source of entertainment and his sincerity in his beliefs was genuine.
Can we do anything? If enough of us request amnesty for him will the board reconsider its decision? I know he made a mistake claiming this work as his own. I am willing to bet he's sorry.
Please if it's against policy to make this kind of request tell me in a PM. Please don't end my membership because of it. I'm only asking because Arken is sort of a fixture around here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join